• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the next HC at Nebraska is....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you care if he went to Nebraska? Again, no one even knows if he has any interest at all in going back to a college sideline, but if he did it for sure won't be Oregon again so why do you have any issues with where he goes?

Personally I don't see chip in a big media market or one that has overbearing boosters. I don't see Nebraska as having the problems related to both of those. Maybe I'm wrong, but those are his enemies.

Locals often describe the Nebraska program as being "in a fish bowl".

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep building up their hopes Wiz. It will be all that sweeter when its announced Chip isn't going to Nebraska next season, but even better when Riley isn't fired.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason i have of wanting Chip is because we can.. #1 would be Scott Frost. We CAN hire Chip if we wanted, would be a huge step up from where he was last time he was in college, personally i dont think he has the balls to do it, that west coast finess running wont work here though gotta have a back like that jonathan taylor from wiscy getting assloads of yards after contact, not whooop cant catch me...cuz well you gotta have power in the B1G

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason i have of wanting Chip is because we can.. #1 would be Scott Frost. We CAN hire Chip if we wanted, would be a huge step up from where he was last time he was in college, personally i dont think he has the balls to do it, that west coast finess running wont work here though gotta have a back like that jonathan taylor from wiscy getting assloads of yards after contact, not whooop cant catch me...cuz well you gotta have power in the B1G

You do know Scott Frost is apart of Chip's coaching tree? Scott Frost is a product of Chip Kelly.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHA how cute, you actually believe that :D

Yeah, Oregon gave him a shot when his home town team didn't. LOL for you thinking Frost kept his playbook from Osbrone in from 1997 and is currently running said playbook at UCF.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep building up their hopes Wiz. It will be all that sweeter when its announced Chip isn't going to Nebraska next season, but even better when Riley isn't fired.
Why on earth do you think there is ANY chance Riley is back next year?
When Callahan was fired he had 2 losing seasons in his 4 years of service. At that time it was 2 of the 4 total losing seasons they had over the prior 46 years!
Pelini never lost more than 4. In fact he lost exactly 4 every single year he was there.
Riley lost 7 in his first and is at 4 already with several more likely to happen before seasons end. There is a solid chance they don't make a bowl again. So he could now raise the total of overall losing seasons over the last 56 years to 6.
They fired their AD for a reason.

Riley is a dead man walking.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Oregon gave him a shot when his home town team didn't. LOL for you thinking Frost kept his playbook from Osbrone in from 1997 and is currently running said playbook at UCF.
He is running on the scout team RIGHT NOW!!! in preperation for Navy you fucking idiot.... clearly you have never heard of tools for the tool box.... pulling out the right tool for the proper job... you really dont know shit about football do you.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Callahan was fired he had 2 losing seasons in his 4 years of service. At that time it was 2 of the 4 total losing seasons they had over the prior 46 years!
Pelini never lost more than 4. In fact he lost exactly 4 every single year he was there.
Riley lost 7 in his first and is at 4 already with several more likely to happen before seasons end. There is a solid chance they don't make a bowl again. So he could now raise the total of overall losing seasons over the last 56 years to 6.
Their fired their AD for a reason.

Honestly, i am having internal fights rooting for nebraska to win as a Husker fan, but rooting for us to lose to ensure the shit show clown parade gets sent packing back over them mountains back into PAC region so he can piss in the bay again

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Kelly is really likely to go to Nebraska? No. Mostly because Kelly is unpredictable and I don't know if he has any interest in returning to the College HC ranks.

Would Nebraska be an attractive stop for him if he did want to go back to that role? You fucking bet it would.

Rabid and deeply entrenched fan base. It is never difficult to get support and pack that stadium.
Storied program with name recognition that you can recruit from all corners of the country to without the need for Willy Lyles.
No sugar daddy trying to call all of the shots.
Remote enough to not face the same media scrutiny large metro coaches do.

What's not to love? :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired their AD for a reason.

There's only been 3 losing season's in the last 56 years.

2004 (5-7)
2007 (5-7)
2015 (6-7)

4th could be on the way here.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Kelly is really likely to go to Nebraska? No. Mostly because Kelly is unpredictable and I don't know if he has any interest in returning to the College HC ranks.

Would Nebraska be an attractive stop for him if he did want to go back to that role? You fucking bet it would.

Rabid and deeply entrenched fan base. It is never difficult to get support and pack that stadium.
Storied program with name recognition that you can recruit from all corners of the country to without the need for Willy Lyles.
No sugar daddy trying to call all of the shots.
Remote enough to not face the same media scrutiny large metro coaches do.

What's not to love? :noidea:
Not "Huge" Metro but the Omaha Metro which is 30 minutes north of Lincon makes up closet o half the states population. between that and lincoln about 1.3-1.4million people... there is decent media coverage and expectations to talk to the media here... that was one of the selling points the new AD made when he gave his inaugural presser

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not "Huge" Metro but the Omaha Metro which is 30 minutes north of Lincon makes up closet o half the states population. between that and lincoln about 1.3-1.4million people... there is decent media coverage and expectations to talk to the media here... that was one of the selling points the new AD made when he gave his inaugural presser
I don't consider the Seattle media to be anything near as daunting as say Chicago, NY, LA, etc. And it is that mega level I was talking about. I have no doubt there is local media and a huge buzz around that program. It is literally the only game in town. It doesn't have the same depth and pain in the ass as those other mega markets and that's a big plus. It's one of the reasons Petersen probably didn't go to USC for example. That is part of why it wasn't a fit for him. Our media doesn't really press him when he doesn't really want to talk to them or doesn't want to go down whatever road they are asking him about. I wasn't slamming your market lol.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except the speed game worked against Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there is another coach out there than can't win a big game like Chip Kelly but alot cheaper. Pay me 100k and I could coach Nebraska to as many titles as Chip Kelly has.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, down years??? LMFAO
Well Nebraska was just this year so even if it was a down year it is for Oregon right now too. so on an even keel it worked.
2007 Michigan 9-4 2nd in the Big won the Citrus bowl over florida
Purdue never really has up years so...
Michigan State in 2014 finished the year #5 11-2 beat Baylor in the Cotton Bowl, one of the big 6 bowls.
2011 over the Big 10 Champs in the rose bowl. but no yeah go ahead and keep thinking it was in down years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is a much more desirable school than Oregon so that would be a nice step up for him.
But today's kids don't remember the Nebraska glory days. j/s