• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Honest look at the 2017 Michigan Schedule/with predictions/commentary

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you done gone and stirred up all them bucknut homers smitty!
That's what smitty does
index.php

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...with one exception. Wasn't Hoke the idiot that recruited all those guys that were so bad the NFL teams decided to draft 'em the past three days?
:noidea:
Steve Sarkisian recruited some solid talent when he was at Washington but he couldn't do much with 'em. Hoke might have had a good eye for talent but he sucked at coaching imo.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian recruited some solid talent when he was at Washington but he couldn't do much with 'em. Hoke might have had a good eye for talent but he sucked at coaching imo.
According to Michigan fans they weren't talented at all, they were all over rated which is why we have to wait for Harbaugh to get his guys in there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Michigan fans they weren't talented at all, they were all over rated which is why we have to wait for Harbaugh to get his guys in there.
The receiving corps is going to be better on the whole.

Yeah. Sure it is. Lol.

Drake Harris is gonna finally blossom...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke is a crazy good recruiter.

And in his defense, it's not like Harbaugh did anything with the talent he fell into either.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was he dismissed? Was it after his felony burglary or was it after he choked and beat his girlfriend who he thought it might have been pregnant? Michigan State didn't have any felons on their team, we actually punish our players. You have players like Stonum, Lewan, Clark, Gibbons, who get no punishment whatsoever, and have to commit multiple crimes to even get suspended for a game.

Frank Clark was suspended indefinitely, then was suspended for the first game of the season after his 'felony'. He stole a laptop from a dorm room. He was dismissed from the team when hotel incident happened.

Stonum was suspended twice for DUI's and then kicked off the team. He transferred to Baylor.

Lewan wasn't charged with anything until 2 months after the season was over and it happened after the OSU game, so the worst they could do to him was suspend him for the bowl game.

Gibbons is one that I can't defend. All I can say is -- he was a kicker. His charges were from his freshman year and I didn't follow it closely, but nothing was done til he was a senior. All I know is -- it wasn't like it was a 5 star DE. He was a kicker, who hadn't did anything for the team when his problem came about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MSU have a CB literally have to serve a jail sentence after violating probation from a fight after getting a DUI and then immediately put him back in the starting lineup?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Florida gets very uncomfortable leaving the state to play OOC games so that'll be foreiign territory for them. But that has to be some silly scuttlebutt that Florida haters have been spewing. No one plays all their OOC games in their home state.

They do, but it should be noted that they do play Florida State every year, and they happen to play in the same state. Not many teams play an annual out of conference game with a team of the same caliber as Florida State.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I don't see Florida beating Michigan this year. I see Florida as a pretty meh team this year, they'll probably still dominate Georgia just like they do every year, even though Georgia is the better team.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quick rundown

L - Florida in Arlington. Florida has too much talent coming back.
W - Cinncinnati - If this were 3 years from now, Fickell would fuck them up, but it's not
W - Air Force - Not even a close game.
W - @Purdue - Nice first away game to get settled in.
W - Michigan State - Dantonio will still have a dumpster fire going.
W - @Indiana - Wilson is gone and so is any hope at winning anything at Indiana.
L - @Penn State - This won't even be close. Bus in the clowns.
W - Rutgers - This made me laugh just typing it out.
L - Minnesota - Michigan will lose to somebody they shouldn't so why not this team.
W - @Maryland - What's his face won't have it going good enough yet to threaten Michigan
L - @Wisconsin - See @Penn State.
L - Ohio State - Michigan can only dream they were Ohio State. Big Ohio State makes a statement.

7-5 is what I see.
No sugarcoating it.
Unless the Michigan QB takes a "HUGE" step forward, it might be even worse than this.
And by huge, I mean, have a good shoulder, make good decisions, don't give the game away, throw it to his own guys more often than to the other guys. You know, stuff like that.

Push around every bad team they play.
Get their shit pushed in by every good team they play.

#amirite or what
or did I miss something
K68Qj_s-200x150.gif

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 14-3 this millennia vs yours.
What's your point.

This is a thread about 2017.

No. . .

mil·len·ni·um
məˈlenēəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    a period of a thousand years, especially when calculated from the traditional date of the birth of Christ.

2. 2.
    an anniversary of a thousand years.
    "the millennium of the Russian Orthodox Church"

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. . .

mil·len·ni·um
məˈlenēəm/
noun
  1. 1.
    a period of a thousand years, especially when calculated from the traditional date of the birth of Christ.
  2. 2.
    an anniversary of a thousand years.
    "the millennium of the Russian Orthodox Church"

So
You've had your shit pushed in "this millennium".

Ok
Got It.

Thanks for the input.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So
You've had your shit pushed in "this millennium".

Ok
Got It.

Thanks for the input.

No. Michigan STILL has more wins over Ohio State. How's Oklahoma's record against Oklahoma State in this millennium?