• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An example of when 110% effort isn't enough

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was all over the court today, played their asses off.........knew the season was on the line..........out-rebounded ISU.........just out-efforted them all around.

But ISU shot 87% from the free throw line as a team...........and it's difficult to beat that.........no actually let me reword that.......... it's almost impossible to beat that. They also had a record setting day from downtown............from way downtown.

Sometimes you work your ass off, and it doesn't matter because the other team just gets whatever they want all day long...........just one of them days....

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half the team plays lazy and doesn't try to get open on offense.. and Beranek sucks

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Doc say there was a lot of tears in the locker room after the game...........that surprises me. We've got so much youth on this team, usually those youngers guys don't make an emotional investment until their Junior/Senior years.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they played very well offensivly but kinda sloppy on d.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISU found the key to beating our defense..........we obviously plug the lane up........and we do a great job of getting out and getting a hand in the shooter's faces on the perimeter..............so what did they do? They stepped out even further, stretching the floor out, and forcing our guards to cover a lot more floor.

Ultimately that opened things up in the lane for them.........but of course they had to be draining those threeballs from NBA range the entire game :rolleyes:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, and I almost forgot one of the biggest keys to their success against our defense.................Vanderbeken is a post player...........and he was draining threes from way downtown as well.

That causes all sorts of problems for our defense when we have mismatches like that...........we have a 7 foot tall giant standing out there shooting 3's over a 6 foot guard, and then downlow we have Almeida trying to guard one of their guards.

We just don't match up good against Iowa State at all.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISU found the key to beating our defense..........we obviously plug the lane up........and we do a great job of getting out and getting a hand in the shooter's faces on the perimeter..............so what did they do? They stepped out even further, stretching the floor out, and forcing our guards to cover a lot more floor.

Ultimately that opened things up in the lane for them.........but of course they had to be draining those threeballs from NBA range the entire game :rolleyes:

I agree and am not complainin, Sadler has done what was not possible , got me interested lol

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hear ya, it was a tough go today for the Huskers.........it's not too often we score 82 points and lose a damn game.

I was just over reading people's responses to the game on another site...........some people can be so ignorant and unrealistic...............there are people complaining that Doc didn't have the team ready to go in these last two games.

I mean, seriously..........KState is one hell of a good team, and we lost by 4 to them........they are one of the hottest teams in the country right now. Then we go and lose by 1 point on the road in overtime to ISU where no team has beaten ISU convincingly this year. Every team that went to ISU this year had a tough game.

People just don't know what Doc is working with here.........he is finally starting to get some good recruits in this year, but right now our team is full of Jucos. He has done a tremendous job.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twas a season of almosts for the Huskers................

3 point loss at Kansas
1 point loss at Texas Tech
4 point loss at Baylor
4 point loss against Kansas State
1 point loss at Iowa State

So easily could have been a lock for the NCAA tournament..........we just don't always have the fire power.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no point to this...

Doc said they played with less desire than he expected with this much on the line... and not showing up like he thought they would.