• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An actual breakdown of the new look Thunder

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated coincidence. Me reading the word "breakdown" in the headline while simultaneously listening to this

RIP Tom Petty

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated coincidence. Me reading the word "breakdown" in the headline while simultaneously listening to this

RIP Tom Petty

Between him, Bowie, and Prince I can barely take it anymore...

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part is so true...

“Night in and night out, we’re dealing with triple-teams, we’re dealing with traps. You can’t do that now,” George told NBA TV. You can’t double off of Russ. You can’t double off Carmelo. And those guys are shooters you can’t double off me.” George is right about that. It’ll be a lot harder to defend them individually. Westbrook will have more options to pass to, which will only open up opportunities for himself.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part is so true...

“Night in and night out, we’re dealing with triple-teams, we’re dealing with traps. You can’t do that now,” George told NBA TV. You can’t double off of Russ. You can’t double off Carmelo. And those guys are shooters you can’t double off me.” George is right about that. It’ll be a lot harder to defend them individually. Westbrook will have more options to pass to, which will only open up opportunities for himself.

I don't think there's any question if OKC can figure out how to do things, and everyone does seem to be on board, they are the 2nd best team in the NBA, definitely in the West.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW did the Pippen over Ewing dunk not make the cut???

I think the link only shows dunks 11-20 on the list. His top 10 still to come, or maybe you have to buy his book

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just preseason, but Houston already showed they're more than capable of handling the Thunder. OKC has no one on that bench that is at the caliber of Gordon. They have more depth overall, more fluid and well-oiled system already in place.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part is so true...

If I'm the Warriors, here is my game plan: Put Steph Curry on Paul George. Also NEVER double this matchup ever.

You may think that's crazy, but there's a method to the madness. Klay has traditionally guarded Russ very well. Durant will match up with Melo. But the key here is to let the Thunder have a significant advantage that they have to keep going to, over and over, with PG on Steph. What this will do is it takes the Thunder out of any sort of rhythm they may have offensively as a team. Secondly, it creates a dissonance between Russ and Melo, by not having them involved in the offense and not being able to take any shots. At some point, they'll become frustrated and take it upon themselves to score and deviating from any game plan.

It's the same game plan that the Pistons employed with Shaq and Kobe. They didn't double off of Shaq and kept the Lakers to force feed him in the paint. Kobe got frustrated and started taking it upon himself to get his own looks and started to jack up shots even when Shaq had clean looks. This created a problem between the two and took both completely out of their games. Shaq was upset because he had a clear advantage and should have kept getting the ball. Kobe was upset he wasn't getting any touches.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just preseason, but Houston already showed they're more than capable of handling the Thunder. OKC has no one on that bench that is at the caliber of Gordon. They have more depth overall, more fluid and well-oiled system already in place.

Westbrook didn't play last night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Warriors, here is my game plan: Put Steph Curry on Paul George. Also NEVER double this matchup ever.

You may think that's crazy, but there's a method to the madness. Klay has traditionally guarded Russ very well. Durant will match up with Melo. But the key here is to let the Thunder have a significant advantage that they have to keep going to, over and over, with PG on Steph. What this will do is it takes the Thunder out of any sort of rhythm they may have offensively as a team. Secondly, it creates a dissonance between Russ and Melo, by not having them involved in the offense and not being able to take any shots. At some point, they'll become frustrated and take it upon themselves to score and deviating from any game plan.

It's the same game plan that the Pistons employed with Shaq and Kobe. They didn't double off of Shaq and kept the Lakers to force feed him in the paint. Kobe got frustrated and started taking it upon himself to get his own looks and started to jack up shots even when Shaq had clean looks. This created a problem between the two and took both completely out of their games. Shaq was upset because he had a clear advantage and should have kept getting the ball. Kobe was upset he wasn't getting any touches.

Only issue there would be Curry Foul trouble.

I think Curry guards Roberson though. KD on George, Dray on Melo. But, I think you may be on to something with the physiological impact of that strategy.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one cant wait till Golden State vs Cleveland part 4

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State v Boston?

Not very likely but yes that would be my preference. I figure the Celtics have maybe a 20% chance to come out of the East, with Cleveland at 70% and the rest at 10%. Injuries etc....

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not very likely but yes that would be my preference. I figure the Celtics have maybe a 20% chance to come out of the East, with Cleveland at 70% and the rest at 10%. Injuries etc....
Yea I see it as
Cavs 75%
Boston 15%
Raptors/Wizards 9.5%
then every other team splitting the .5%

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder vs Celtics finals is going to epic this year.

stephcurry182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question out west is going to be who can figure out the chemistry better, Houston or Thunder. If Houston can figure it out, I don't think there is any question that they have the better chance at knocking of the Warriors

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question out west is going to be who can figure out the chemistry better, Houston or Thunder. If Houston can figure it out, I don't think there is any question that they have the better chance at knocking of the Warriors

I trust D'Antoni's coaching abilities (with his current team) a lot more than Billy D.