• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer FREAKING Abdullah

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a clip from an espn feature that gives you a little taste of his intangibles. I was really happy to see him get drafted to a place where he can have a big impact. You guys got a great player and a great person even more so.

Loved that in his mind his best play was a block on a blitzer!! Impressive.

As for being called a scat back. For the ones that remember Dave Meggett... I would take that production in a heart beat.

I'm not sold on the pick, but I hope he leaves just half the impression on me as it seems he did on Husker fans. With out a doubt I would then like the pick.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he takes over my previous ranking when my statement of "not all college coaches are very good at teaching these kids proper fundamentals, i.e. technique en sech...

Man, I'm glad it finally happened.

Thanks Muzz, I owe you big time.
No problem, just get me back on the flip side.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he takes over my previous ranking when my statement of "not all college coaches are very good at teaching these kids proper fundamentals, i.e. technique en sech...

It was close Big Blue....it was close. Lol. I actually agree with you now. I was at a USF practice a few weeks ago. They were teaching defenders to tackle with only their arms and the tops of their helmets, the ball carries to carry the ball like a loaf of bread, and the QB's to throw off of their back foot. Immediately I thought of you Big Blue.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squatting isn't hard when your short.....Same with push ups or bench pressing when your arms are short.....Another stat that no should ever be concerned with.

Dumbest thing Ive ever read in my life.

No problem, just get me back on the flip side.

It was close Big Blue....it was close. Lol. I actually agree with you now. I was at a USF practice a few weeks ago. They were teaching defenders to tackle with only their arms and the tops of their helmets, the ball carries to carry the ball like a loaf of bread, and the QB's to throw off of their back foot. Immediately I thought of you Big Blue.

well, seems as though it was close, may I please have my trophy back. you made my eyes leak like the ever steady flow of the Au Sable river taking away the only 1st place prize I had ever won. can I at least have a shinier one, seems though you just took it from me ?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, seems as though it was close, may I please have my trophy back. you made my eyes leak like the ever steady flow of the Au Sable river taking away the only 1st place prize I had ever won. can I at least have a shinier one, seems though you just took it from me ?
You're going to have to earn it BB72

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAYHEW HAS BEEN THE #1 GM IN THE HISTORY OF ALL NFL GM'S

clear.png
Like x 1
gandydancer
clear.png
Funny x 1
Stomp
clear.png
Rainbow x 1
RobBase
clear.png
Dislike x 1
Rollingthndr
clear.png
Facepalm x 1
Coach_Ed_LPW
clear.png
Chill! x 1
broncosmitty
clear.png
Cake Reward x 1
tpaulus_2

Well, every rating seems to be taken in response to that post. This was the best I could find that was most reflective of my thoughts on the matter..........

:finger2:

:suds:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that when the brass said LewlAAnd needed AA, that this was what they meant.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Lions reporter Mike Rothstein said Detroit "envisions" Joique Bell as the primary running back.

Spending a second-round pick on Ameer Abdullah is an odd way to express confidence in your starting running back, especially after that running back has averaged less than 4.0 YPC in back-to-back seasons. Bell should open training camp as the primary running back, but Abdullah is a more talented player who should quickly wrestle the lion's share of the work away from Bell.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can hold on to the ball he will be a nice addition.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many carries will he get per game? I drafted him.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting way ahead of me. I consider it a success if a rookie makes it through the preseason without an injury.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thread should read Daniel FREAKING Orlovsky.......How does this guy stay on any roster.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many carries will he get per game? I drafted him.

He may end up with 15-20 if Bell doesn't come back, but, Abdullah was held out of practice today, so who knows what that is about.

In a PPR league -- I think Abdullah will be a solid flex player. Not sold on him in standard scoring leagues yet, as no one knows how much he will be used or what is going to happen with Bell. If Bell is healthy -- Abdullah will lose goal line touches and could be used as a change of pace back.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer is about the exact opposite of injury-prone.

At Nebraska, in 4 seasons the only thing I can remember is he dislocated his ankle one time when a Defender fell on it. He went over to the sideline and wrapped a bunch of tape around it real quick and ran right back in there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer is about the exact opposite of injury-prone.

At Nebraska, in 4 seasons the only thing I can remember is he dislocated his ankle one time when a Defender fell on it. He went over to the sideline and wrapped a bunch of tape around it real quick and ran right back in there.

This guy sounds almost too good to be true. I know, before getting to read up more about the guy, I was upset we didn't draft Tevin Coleman. Now Abdullah may be one of my favorite Lions and it has nothing to do with what he does on the field.

He just seems like a down to earth, geniune human being, who is someone your children can look up to as a role model. Everything I've read about the guy, every interview I've watched, the guy just seems to always say the right thing and has no ego whatsoever.

The fact he is a quality football only adds to it. I completely understand now how the Lions fell in love with this guy during the draft process. He is just a likable person.