• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer FREAKING Abdullah

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for sure how many physics courses you have taken but it isn't "simple physics." Yes abdullah has a shorter overall distance to go, however shorter bones also mean a lesser capacity for muscle volume and less leverage. This isn't even taking into account the shorter distance is "proportional." Despite height both are moving to a perpendicular angle or less at the knee. <<<This is what makes a squat difficult, not the distance traveled.... 600 pounds is a lot no matter who you might be
Agreed, but if you ask Munte Bol to do one push up and ask Barry Sanders to do one push up, I think physics will prove my point.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bones and muscle are Biology and Anatomy not pysichs.......

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a great sign thay Nebraska fans or do willing to defend this guy. A player that gets this much loyalty is doing something right.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a great sign thay Nebraska fans or do willing to defend this guy. A player that gets this much loyalty is doing something right.

Hopefully its not like Oregon fans and Joey Harrington i swear i had a few stalking me :behindsofa:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cad0c44d2ee65fc29d91ce5ff6b299fd.641x851x1.jpg

barry-sanders-lions.jpg

Guess which one is going to do more push-ups or Squats........I'll give ya hint, it isn't the Lion sitting next to Barry.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squatting isn't hard when your short.....Same with push ups or bench pressing when your arms are short.....Another stat that no should ever be concerned with.
Dumbest thing Ive ever read in my life.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest thing Ive ever read in my life.

So, he takes over my previous ranking when my statement of "not all college coaches are very good at teaching these kids proper fundamentals, i.e. technique en sech...

Man, I'm glad it finally happened.

Thanks Muzz, I owe you big time.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually not. Its just leverage. Longer limbs means more pressure on the joints when performing movements.

I actually agree with this argument. My high school football team had this one drill that we used to run with offensive linemen vs 3-4 OLB's for them to practice their stack and she'd technique. I was one of the strongest O - linemen, benched just over 300 at 6'1 and had some epic battles with a OLB who was built just like me and about the same strength (but much more athletic and explosive). The other starter at OLB was 6'7 and built like Tayshaun Prince. His arms were a mile long. In the weight room he never even managed to put up the 225 the rest of us warmed up with. We made fun of him all the time for being so weak.

I almost always went against "the best" guy so other guys were going against the number 2, we kinda sought each other out to test ourselves. The #2 guy owned every other lineman, and they thanked me for taking the best guy on because if they hot beat so bad by the #2... well eventually for some reason, maybe injury or something I faced this lanky wimpy guy. He kicked my butt at this drill the worst I have ever been beat. Just got his long ass arms on me so fast and with so much more leverage. I thought it was a fluke, so we went again. And again. He straight up tossed me around like a rag doll. Nothing I could even do about it.

Weight room bench presses are a world apart from functional strength, and leverage that hurts in one helps in the other.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incline bench > flat bench

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a clip from an espn feature that gives you a little taste of his intangibles. I was really happy to see him get drafted to a place where he can have a big impact. You guys got a great player and a great person even more so.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you, when he came in as a Freshman we all knew he was special, but he wasn't THAT special.

This is a product of hard work, and that's exactly what you got. The hardest worker in the entire league, by far. It's not even close. He's the most special player to ever come through Nebraska, and as you know Nebraska is a pretty storied program.

I can't help but be a Lions fan now.

I wasn't a fan of the Abdullah pick, and I still have question marks if he will be anything more than a 3rd down back. After reading this though. I feel a lot better about the pick. I'm tired of watching the Lions draft talent with no brains, who instead of putting in the work, they are more worried about their personal life than trying to be the best.

It certainly sounds as if Abdullah doesn't shy away from hard and does whatever it takes to be successful.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow -- after watching that video and getting to hear about his upbringing, as well as listening to him talk. I understand why the Lions came away impressed with kid.

I wasn't thrilled with the pick, but I will be one of his biggest supporters and wishing him success, as he seems like a tremendous individual.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LQUOTE="TrustMeIamRight, post: 6567489, member: 4274"]Wow -- after watching that video and getting to hear about his upbringing, as well as listening to him talk. I understand why the Lions came away impressed with kid.

I wasn't thrilled with the pick, but I will be one of his biggest supporters and wishing him success, as he seems like a tremendous individual.[/QUOTE]

Glad you took the time to do that. Usually all fans only consider the talent of these guys but forget about all the other things that teams are interested in. From my understanding this kid works hard and is a great person on and off the field. Why wouldn't a team want a player like that? I have nothing against that approach taken by Mayhew and company.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer was pound-for-pound the strongest guy on our team in a landslide. He squatted more than anyone on the entire Offensive Line. He is simply a beast.

His combine results:

Vertical Jump: 42.5 inches (1st place)
Broad Jump: 130.0 inches (1st place)
3 Cone Drill: 6.79 seconds (1st place)
20 Yard Shuttle: 3.95 seconds (1st place)
60 Yard Shuttle: 11.18 seconds (1st place)

He also did 24 reps on Bench which was better than any RB's who went before him in the draft. His 40-time was the only thing that he didn't excel in. He has ran sub 4.5's at Nebraska though.
That will be about enough of that bullshit, thank you very much! Nobody here is interested in your facts about the guy, that just makes it harder for them to justify their unnatural and greatly exaggerated hatred for Mayhew and every single move he ever, ever, makes.

:D:dhd:

In all seriousness, though, most of us really appreciate your insight on the guy, since you've watched him play way more than any of us. There's just a few bad apples around here deadset on turning every thread we have into an argument about how smart they are because they (and this is 100% true in their minds) think they'd be a better GM than Mayhew if they somehow were given his job, never mind the fact they have absolutely zero credentials...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you, when he came in as a Freshman we all knew he was special, but he wasn't THAT special.

This is a product of hard work, and that's exactly what you got. The hardest worker in the entire league, by far. It's not even close. He's the most special player to ever come through Nebraska, and as you know Nebraska is a pretty storied program.

I can't help but be a Lions fan now.
Welcome aboard! I have a discounted Suh jersey available if you're interested...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for sure how many physics courses you have taken but it isn't "simple physics." Yes abdullah has a shorter overall distance to go, however shorter bones also mean a lesser capacity for muscle volume and less leverage. This isn't even taking into account the shorter distance is "proportional." Despite height both are moving to a perpendicular angle or less at the knee. <<<This is what makes a squat difficult, not the distance traveled.... 600 pounds is a lot no matter who you might be
Oh you and your fancy science. Weightlifting facts can only be learned by driving a bus full of kids every day. Doing that makes you the foremost expert on anything...

:shortbus:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cad0c44d2ee65fc29d91ce5ff6b299fd.641x851x1.jpg

barry-sanders-lions.jpg

Guess which one is going to do more push-ups or Squats........I'll give ya hint, it isn't the Lion sitting next to Barry.

Replace Bol with Shaq when he was younger and then rethink it. Not as big a gap as you think.