• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer FREAKING Abdullah

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok just to start off i am so psyched for ameer.

he is fast as hell, us pairing him with bell should more than take care of his potential for injuries at 5'8, he catches as well as anyone, hard to tackles, and most importantly while the fumbles have been an issue he has been improving on them. FACT HE ONLY FUMBLED 4 TIMES LAST YEAR LOSING 2 OF THOSE. yes it has been an issue and something you work on but he has been improving and with us primarily using him as the 3rd down/ outside runner he will finish more of his plays along the sidelines which will help mitigate that potential downfall. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PICK!! he isn't as fast as best or shifty as barry but he has good vision, potential to take any touch and break off and more than enough experience at nebraska to handle the load and keep teams honest up the middle if the situation calls for it. plus the new beef up front should make for just a much more complete offense i am pumped

the draft overall IMO is going working out really well for us. ameer fell to us we didn't reach, we worked on the oline, we have picked up depth and are plugging holes. malcolm brown woulda been good but he wasn't suh and there didn't seem to be a lot of guys in the office ready to make a moderate improvement on the dline when they thought they could get bigger results drafting bigger hole fillers. i love it great draft so far.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be used more than just on third down. You never waste a 2nd round pick on a 3rd down RB.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be used more than just on third down. You never waste a 2nd round pick on a 3rd down RB.

Agree with your statement. He is an all purpose change of pace back. He wont need to carry the rock 25 times a game with Bell still around, but he will not be just a third down back. He will split with Bell and Riddick will still be the third down back.

Abdullah was the best all around back on the board. The others were either run only or guys who run through giant holes against lesser competition.

The more I see of him the more I like him. Many of the scouts think he can be an every down back, but we don't even need him to be that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is that any of our RBs can be on the field on third down. Thats a bonus. Abdullah can also take on a heavy workload if needed.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it was kinda late so i didn't articulate as well but i agree with his ability to handle a significant load. it is why i am so excited he isn't just a scat back if he was he would be one of the best but he can carry/touch the ball 10 - 15 times a game and do a lot of great things. i thought he was right there behind gurley and gordon and he slipped so much. with the new oline pieces and now the new speed i am really excited for the offense

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a winner.

You got one of the best players we've ever had at Nebraska, and by far the best person we've ever had.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a muscular Darren Sproles hopefully Lombardi gets creative with him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing how small he is. He's not small. He's short. At 5'8" and 208 lbs, he's actually a pretty stocky dude. Should have a low center of gravity and good balance through contact with those physical measurables...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer was pound-for-pound the strongest guy on our team in a landslide. He squatted more than anyone on the entire Offensive Line. He is simply a beast.

His combine results:

Vertical Jump: 42.5 inches (1st place)
Broad Jump: 130.0 inches (1st place)
3 Cone Drill: 6.79 seconds (1st place)
20 Yard Shuttle: 3.95 seconds (1st place)
60 Yard Shuttle: 11.18 seconds (1st place)

He also did 24 reps on Bench which was better than any RB's who went before him in the draft. His 40-time was the only thing that he didn't excel in. He has ran sub 4.5's at Nebraska though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me tell you, when he came in as a Freshman we all knew he was special, but he wasn't THAT special.

This is a product of hard work, and that's exactly what you got. The hardest worker in the entire league, by far. It's not even close. He's the most special player to ever come through Nebraska, and as you know Nebraska is a pretty storied program.

I can't help but be a Lions fan now.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenario for Abdullah = Sproles
Worst Case= Dexter McCluster
I like both of those backs, so i'll give you a thumbs up, and I agree thats what Ameer looks like.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer was pound-for-pound the strongest guy on our team in a landslide. He squatted more than anyone on the entire Offensive Line. He is simply a beast.

His combine results:

Vertical Jump: 42.5 inches (1st place)
Broad Jump: 130.0 inches (1st place)
3 Cone Drill: 6.79 seconds (1st place)
20 Yard Shuttle: 3.95 seconds (1st place)
60 Yard Shuttle: 11.18 seconds (1st place)

He also did 24 reps on Bench which was better than any RB's who went before him in the draft. His 40-time was the only thing that he didn't excel in. He has ran sub 4.5's at Nebraska though.

Squatting isn't hard when your short.....Same with push ups or bench pressing when your arms are short.....Another stat that no should ever be concerned with.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple physics.....Gravity pulls the body and weight downwards.....If you have to only go 6 inches down instead of 12 or pushing weight 6 inches up instead of 12, therefore that equals more reps........

Austin Wade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple physics.....Gravity pulls the body and weight downwards.....If you have to only go 6 inches down instead of 12 or pushing weight 6 inches up instead of 12, therefore that equals more reps........

Not for sure how many physics courses you have taken but it isn't "simple physics." Yes abdullah has a shorter overall distance to go, however shorter bones also mean a lesser capacity for muscle volume and less leverage. This isn't even taking into account the shorter distance is "proportional." Despite height both are moving to a perpendicular angle or less at the knee. <<<This is what makes a squat difficult, not the distance traveled.... 600 pounds is a lot no matter who you might be