• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameer Abdullah Rushing 2013

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh I wish I was wrong

I figured Nebraska to struggle. The 10 points had stink all over it.

Minny was mid 20's in rushing offense and rushing defense. A good recipe for beating Nebraska with a limited QB like Tito at the helm. Healthy or not.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Nebraska to struggle. The 10 points had stink all over it.

I often feel that lines have stank all over them too......

The question is though, what does Vegas know that we don't? How do they know it? I mean that line didn't move to 10.....it started right about there and stayed there.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is though, what does Vegas know that we don't? How do they know it? I mean that line didn't move to 10.....it started right about there and stayed there.

Vegas got the book "how to beat Bo for dummies"

or they pick up the Bo blueprint at the apple store

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had to get their money back from the Ohio St/NW game. :lol:

Really though. To figure out if a line's got stank on it, it'll generally be too low (or sometimes even too high) to the point everybody's calling it a "lock". Many folks on espn pickem's had 10 points on Nebraska, everybody here was picking Nebraska by 20-30 points, the predictions on the radio were in the order of 38-17 yada yada.

Sure fuckin' thang mang. Bet the farm.

When I was a gamblin' man (before the kids came along), I used to walk down the bar and ask folks who they liked in games that had what I thought were suspicious spreads on the bookie sheet. I often bet the exact opposite of what they thought ("it's a lock"). I was actually cut off by two different bar bookies because they got tired of paying me off every week.

How Vegas knows I don't know. I often wonder if refs are paid off to ignore holding/pass interference (shit like that) on the one team they need to win to make huge bank. How else would they know a team was gonna play so bad they couldn't get out of their own way. :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said though. I thought Nebraska would struggle because Minny was mid 20's in both rushing offense and defense. The 10 pt spread made me feel more-so.

Nebraska's not a physical team up front and had beaten a bunch of nobody's, so I'm not too surprised they lost. Their defense isn't in a scheme to be physical.