• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the Only one that Believes Izzo Choked Today?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many threes did they take today when they had a big man, in the lane, 6 feet from the
Hoop?

I started believing that Izzo must have had other plans next weekend and couldn't be saddled
with playing another game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit piece! How dare you question the mighty Izzo?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
live by the three die by the three

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Michigan st team just wasn't right most of the year. Ton of talent just not very good together

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K state is a bad basketball team

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo over rated. Always have to hear how little tommy is a genius.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never beats great coaches. Even when his teams are massively more talented. Like today.

Coach K
Roy Williams (one of the two tourney teams he did beat in the regular season)
Boeheim
Beilein...

Be interesting to see if Izzo is back. Or if Bridges, Jackson, Ward and Winston are too. Jackson needs more time in college. He plays sloppy, undisciplined defense. Named BIG defensive player of the year, but takes himself out of rebounding position going for blocks.

This was Izzos most talented team. But it often lacked fire. Which was weird, because I think as a group they got along better than any of his teams aside from the Flintstone days. Had a lot of garbage surrounding them this season. Which is too bad, roster was full of a lot of high quality people. (Winston is interning for the lil lady this upcoming summer. )

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
took a page out of sean millers playbook.....cant vacate wins if they never happened

CycleandJazz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never beats great coaches. Even when his teams are massively more talented. Like today.

Coach K
Roy Williams (one of the two tourney teams he did beat in the regular season)
Boeheim
Beilein...

Be interesting to see if Izzo is back. Or if Bridges, Jackson, Ward and Winston are too. Jackson needs more time in college. He plays sloppy, undisciplined defense. Named BIG defensive player of the year, but takes himself out of rebounding position going for blocks.

This was Izzos most talented team. But it often lacked fire. Which was weird, because I think as a group they got along better than any of his teams aside from the Flintstone days. Had a lot of garbage surrounding them this season. Which is too bad, roster was full of a lot of high quality people. (Winston is interning for the lil lady this upcoming summer. )

Not likely to win missing your last 15 shots. MSU’s youth did them in. Jaren Jackson often looks like a lost Bambi out there. If he goes pro, he’ll join a long line of players who do so who are clearly not ready. And Nick Ward seems confused about how to play when he’s not the vocal point. I think they should all come back, but I know that’s not the current state of basketball.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izz is my go-to guy for the NCAA. I pick them to win every year.
Guess my bracket got screwed since I had Sparty playing Ohio State for the title.
I did have Loyola making the 16.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many threes did they take today when they had a big man, in the lane, 6 feet from the
Hoop?

I started believing that Izzo must have had other plans next weekend and couldn't be saddled
with playing another game.

I like Tom Izzo... I really do. However, I do not consider him an "elite" coach by any standards. He gets very good talent and should be in the conversation more than not to at least make it to the Elite 8 / Final Four, yet he doesn't more times than not.

Just my opinion.

Ok... so the guy has been to 7 Final Fours and has 1 National Championship. Maybe the game has simply passed him by recently? Maybe I'm a idiot when it comes to determining "elite" coaches.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Izzo is the best X-Os coach in the game IMO.

Just shows how volatile the tourney is. 2016 and 2018 his teams were the trendy pick to win it all and both years, out before the first weekend.

No coach is safe...

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State basketball is a festering fuck hole.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tom Izzo... I really do. However, I do not consider him an "elite" coach by any standards. He gets very good talent and should be in the conversation more than not to at least make it to the Elite 8 / Final Four, yet he doesn't more times than not.

Just my opinion.

Ok... so the guy has been to 7 Final Fours and has 1 National Championship. Maybe the game has simply passed him by recently? Maybe I'm a idiot when it comes to determining "elite" coaches.
Izzo is an elite coach. It's hard to coach college players now. Watch their game. You can set up a play and by the time the hotdogging in the lane is over, there's another foul on somebody. Rinse and repeat. You get a dunk, a putback,a 3-pointer or something that clanks off the rim 6 times and falls in. You recruit guys who can jump, run hard and rebound. After that, you just maintain order. If I need to win a big game, Izzo is on my very short list of guys who should coach it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Michigan st team just wasn't right most of the year. Ton of talent just not very good together
They lost almost every game against the tops teams in the country. They have an immense amount of talented individuals that couldn't muster an elite performance.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo is an elite coach. It's hard to coach college players now. Watch their game. You can set up a play and by the time the hotdogging in the lane is over, there's another foul on somebody. Rinse and repeat. You get a dunk, a putback,a 3-pointer or something that clanks off the rim 6 times and falls in. You recruit guys who can jump, run hard and rebound. After that, you just maintain order. If I need to win a big game, Izzo is on my very short list of guys who should coach it.

While I will agree he's a very good coach, I don't know that I would put him in the "elite" status. Very, very few coached in my opinion deserve that "title".

For the record, I'm not a homer either when it comes to Cal at UK. I think he's actually a much better X's & O's guy than people give him credit for but not Elite. I mean for comparison, he has 6 Final Fours and 1 National Title.

Random question, who would be your top 5 coaches (active right now) in the college game? I'm just wondering and not trying to argue because it's obviously an opinion based question.

CycleandJazz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my opinion.

I don't think he has adjusted as well to the 1-and-done era as some other top coaches. I don't think its a coincidence that he gets 4-star rosters to the FF more often these days than his 5-star rosters. The 4-star players are likely to stay 3-4 years and learn the finer points of his system (and get better individually as a result) than the 5-star players. The 4-star players are good enough to get to the FF, but not over the hump. The 5-star players don't stay long enough to master his system. It's a dilemma for him.