• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alternative facts

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals Home

Good ol' Butch Hobspin is at it again. He should take Sean Spicer's job. The Bengals have their self imposed cap of around 15 million (it's actually 43 million) apparently. They won't be signing anyone. Zeitler and Dre are gone. Wouldn't be surprised to lose Whit too. Good thing we got all those comp picks!

In other news, Uncle Marv feels no urgency being in a lame duck year and says the offensive line isn't an issue.

Can I get a Who Fucking Dey?!!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Whitworth dialogue.... It cracks me up. Hobs is making his FA out to be priority number 1..... A sure sign that the Bengals 'keep their own.' Whit is staying....He's 35 years old. He's a Bengal lifer. There really isn't any drama here. The real story is Zeitler and Kirkpatrick..... Both first round picks. Both legit NFL starters (Zeitler is one of the best at his position and Dre is finally a solid starter for just about anyone). If your strategy is to 'keep your own,' you need to make a play here.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Whit is a slam dunk. If they low ball him, he might walk. A Super Bowl contender may be willing to overpay him for a year or two.

When Zeitler and Dre walk, the 2012 draft is basically a wash. Yet Hobs keeps talking about how Mike Brown is a genius for fleecing Hue and the Raiders for the Palmer trade.

"We keep our own" is a bunch of BS. Just a corporate line to fool the sucker fans into thinking the FO is working to field a competitive team. No other team in the league squats on cap space like the Bengals. I find it laughable that Hobs talks about the Bengals making a run at keeping all their guys with a budget of 15 million. Lol

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also funny the suggestion by Hobs that letting a Pro Bowl caliber guard walk to secure a 4th round compensatory pick is somehow this great plan. What a genius that Mike Brown is. He's figured out how to play the system.

Here I was thinking all these years that stud former 1st round picks were worth paying to keep around. Guess I'm a moron.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a modern day dynasty! Years from now, you will look back on this heyday. You don't just let "anyone" in. These outsiders aren't schooled in "THE BROWN SYSTEM" and just as well might come in here and "muck" up the waters. Trust me, the Super Bowl wins (that's right, plural) are just around the corner. Soon people will be talking about this dynasty since the Pats dynasty is nearing its collapse.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to see Whit, Dre and Zeitler all sign with the same team, a rival team. Just to stick it to the bengals.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also funny the suggestion by Hobs that letting a Pro Bowl caliber guard walk to secure a 4th round compensatory pick is somehow this great plan. What a genius that Mike Brown is. He's figured out how to play the system.

Here I was thinking all these years that stud former 1st round picks were worth paying to keep around. Guess I'm a moron.
They think because they got Geno Atkins in the later rounds that they are somehow draft geniuses.

Everytime I hear someone say how they don't value the guard position, i'd like to ask them why they bothered spending a first round pick on one.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zeitler and Dre walk, the 2017 Bengals will have only 2 proven first rounders (Green and Eifert) out of the past 10 1st rounders they drafted. Guys like Jackson (too soon), Dennard (sucks), and Ogbehui (bust) don't count - Even if they start. There is no reason to believe any of them will be good.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Zeitler is gone..... Hobs barely spends any ink on the guy. Hobs has known that he was gone since he didn't sign back in the fall. Writing was on the wall.

He's focusing on Whit, because he knows the Bengals will re-sign him.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sorry for Whit. I mean, yes, he has his home here and his wife and kids and that's great. but any competitor like that wants to play for a winner. The Bengals are not winners, this is a train wreck. they have gone back into denial and satisfied with their run of playoff appearances.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They think because they got Geno Atkins in the later rounds that they are somehow draft geniuses.

Everytime I hear someone say how they don't value the guard position, i'd like to ask them why they bothered spending a first round pick on one.

well, they certainly won't over pay for a free agent guard.

they surely don't understand that offensive line quality isn't optional. Andy can't do his job under duress, he's not Tom Brady, he's not Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers. the running game will continue to be limited.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think some of you are just drama queens plain and simple. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, everyone look out! It has been the same story for 20 years. What the hell are you bitching at, you continue to root for them anyways.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think some of you are just drama queens plain and simple. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, everyone look out! It has been the same story for 20 years. What the hell are you bitching at, you continue to root for them anyways.

And we've been bitching for the past 20 years.

Does it make you a drama queen to tell the truth? The last time we won a playoff game, you couldn't log onto a computer to read about it...... Rooting for this franchise sucks.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's actually getting kind of boring to watch the games now, we know what's going to happen already.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's actually getting kind of boring to watch the games now, we know what's going to happen already.

Well...... That, and all the commercials. Football is a dying sport - It reached it's peak a few years ago. It will be a slow fall, but it will fall.