• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alright you RB lovers...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I need your help.

My other dynasty is in the midst of a massive rebuild and I'm really happy with where it's at right now but I probably won't be ready to compete until next year (I hope I can by then).

Currently though my qb situation is mighty rough. My QBs are Tom Savage, Kaepernick, Bridgewater, Kessler. So I really need somebody I can actually start. Problem is finding somebody to give me a QB at a reasonable price has been difficult. I do currently have an offer of Carson Palmer for Dion Lewis though.

Ive always been a Lewis fan so I'm hesitant to give him up for a 37 year old deteriorating QB. But what's Lewis' value at this point? Should I just take the deal?

It's 0.5ppr for RBs by the way.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is really hard to judge. Someone has to go from the list of bodies they have at RB. I would hate to move him and him get moved to a really good situation.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Palmer wasnt great last year. I would try to find someone else to target.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have the right idea.
Target aging vets or bottom tier QB.
How about Glennon, Smith or Bradford?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... but then again he's a heck of a lot better than the four on his roster.

Need to see your roster and know how big the league was before I can make an honest call

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is really hard to judge. Someone has to go from the list of bodies they have at RB. I would hate to move him and him get moved to a really good situation.

This is part of my problem. I think hes the best talent in NE but I have no idea if Bellicheck will use him frequently like he did 2 years ago or if he'll be cut in camp or settle somewhere in between those outcomes. And if he gets cut where does he go. Its a mess.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given What the patriots have done at RB this off-season, plus Lewis's sketchy health history, I'd say Palmer is about as good as you can reasonably expect to get for him

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth trading Lewis for Palmer. True Palmer is a risk, didn't play well last year, but he is worth more then those QBs you have now even if he has another bad year. You need to draft/ trade for a young QB asap because this problem is only going to get worse if you don't. Just how large is this league? Seem unusual to have problem finding a decent QB unless it's a league that starts two QBs or a rather large league.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Ideally Id pick up somebody else but there are really only 6 teams with at least 3 QBs on roster. (I figure I need to target those teams since I cant really send a QB of any value back)

One of them has Eli, Mariota, and Luck but is incredibly difficult to trade with so I dont have much hope there.
One of them has Stafford, Dalton, and Siemian, but thats reliant on Siemian actually being the starter in DEN.
One of them has Kirk, Dak, and Rivers. He might be my best hope but so far I havent been able to get anywhere.
One of them has Cam, Smith, and Watson. I may try for Smith here. Watson will likely be pricier.
One of them has Bradford, Tyrod, Wentz, Kizer, Ryan, and Hackenburg. Ive had talks with him but I think Id have to give up Paul Perkins for Tyrod which might be a bit more than I want to give up.
One of them has Hoyer, Goff, Tannehill, Flacco, and Trubisky but has asked for downright ridiculous offers for Goff and Hoyer so Ive pretty much given up here.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have the right idea.
Target aging vets or bottom tier QB.
How about Glennon, Smith or Bradford?

Ill check them out. Glennon scares me because if he doesnt end up the starter Im right back to jack shit at QB. Smith might be my best shot. Bradford seemed a little pricy for my taste.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... but then again he's a heck of a lot better than the four on his roster.

Need to see your roster and know how big the league was before I can make an honest call

12 team league with 36 man rosters plus a 6 man taxi squad that you cant access during the season. It is IDP but Ill just list my offensive roster

QB
- T. Savage
- T. Bridgewater
- C. Kessler
- C. Kaepernick

RB
- P. Perkins
- J. Mixon
- C. Thompson
- D. Lewis
- M. Mack
- J. McNichols
- J. Williams (SF)

WR
- O. Beckham Jr.
- S. Watkins
- B. Cooks
- M. Bryant
- L. Treadwell
- R. Anderson
- P. Richardson
- J. Reynolds
- C. Williams
- A. Darboh
- C. Moore

TE
- C. Brate
- A. Shaheen
- G. Everett
- J. Smith

Ill also add that its 0.5 ppr for RBs but 1 full ppr for WRs so WRs get a bit of a boost. And its 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given What the patriots have done at RB this off-season, plus Lewis's sketchy health history, I'd say Palmer is about as good as you can reasonably expect to get for him

This was my fear. I had such high hopes for Lewis when I traded for him last year. :sigh:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a tough one... I'd probably aim higher than Palmer with a WR, but I wouldn't say I'd reject if I were you right now at this moment.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth trading Lewis for Palmer. True Palmer is a risk, didn't play well last year, but he is worth more then those QBs you have now even if he has another bad year. You need to draft/ trade for a young QB asap because this problem is only going to get worse if you don't. Just how large is this league? Seem unusual to have problem finding a decent QB unless it's a league that starts two QBs or a rather large league.

Thats my other fear, is that Palmer wont solve the problem. He'll end up retiring next year and Ill be right back in this spot again.

Its a 12 team league with 42 man rosters (if you include the taxi squads). It is IDP but with rosters that big its hard to find a starting QB on the waiver wire.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like the perfect traded pairs happen to be the owners that you've labelled as difficult to deal with.
about as bad of a situation as you can get in.

guy with Goff/Hoyer/Trubisky/Thill/Flacco just seems like a dickhead, imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Ideally Id pick up somebody else but there are really only 6 teams with at least 3 QBs on roster. (I figure I need to target those teams since I cant really send a QB of any value back)

One of them has Eli, Mariota, and Luck but is incredibly difficult to trade with so I dont have much hope there.
One of them has Stafford, Dalton, and Siemian, but thats reliant on Siemian actually being the starter in DEN.
One of them has Kirk, Dak, and Rivers. He might be my best hope but so far I havent been able to get anywhere.
One of them has Cam, Smith, and Watson. I may try for Smith here. Watson will likely be pricier.
One of them has Bradford, Tyrod, Wentz, Kizer, Ryan, and Hackenburg. Ive had talks with him but I think Id have to give up Paul Perkins for Tyrod which might be a bit more than I want to give up.
One of them has Hoyer, Goff, Tannehill, Flacco, and Trubisky but has asked for downright ridiculous offers for Goff and Hoyer so Ive pretty much given up here.

tough crowd

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like the perfect traded pairs happen to be the owners that you've labelled as difficult to deal with.
about as bad of a situation as you can get in.

guy with Goff/Hoyer/Trubisky/Thill/Flacco just seems like a dickhead, imo.

Yea thats basically the situation. The 2 guys I would most be able to work out a deal with are the Dalton, Stafford, Siemian guy and a guy with only Jameis and Brees.

The Goff guy has asked for Watkins in exchange for Hoyer and a couple months ago sent me an offer of Goff for 1.07 and 1.04. His values on QBs are just nuts.

In his defense hes a very active owner and always willing to talk trade he just has very strong opinions on certain guys. But Ive gotten a few deals done with him in the past. Dont think thats happening this time though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team isn't exactly strong. I would actually forget about improving your QB and just get as much talent for the future. Your going to be a bottom feeder, so why give up a potential useful piece for a player you won't have on your team for the long run??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team isn't exactly strong. I would actually forget about improving your QB and just get as much talent for the future. Your going to be a bottom feeder, so why give up a potential useful piece for a player you won't have on your team for the long run??

I agree. And I dont really plan to be a contender this year. I have a young team and 3 2018 1sts so Im focused on next year. But I'll feel like a jackass if Im filling out a starting lineup without a QB whos actually playing for an NFL team. I have no problem playing a crappy QB for the year I just dont want to have no QB for the sake of the league.