• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornerback position will make or break 49ers' record

agree it'll be about the defense, but not so sure it starts at CB? IMO the DL is more "make or break" this season? Reason being if the opponent is successful running the ball - and last year this includes EVERYONE - they'll continue running. Nice to think with three 1st round draft picks, our run D will be good. But we also thought this last year with Buckner and Armstead, in the 3-4.

Next, the linemen also includes the Leo, who's supposed to pressure the QB. He isn't the only pressure point, but the main one. We already know there isn't a decent Leo on this roster.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerback position will make or break 49ers' record

agree it'll be about the defense, but not so sure it starts at CB? IMO the DL is more "make or break" this season? Reason being if the opponent is successful running the ball - and last year this includes EVERYONE - they'll continue running. Nice to think with three 1st round draft picks, our run D will be good. But we also thought this last year with Buckner and Armstead, in the 3-4.

Next, the linemen also includes the Leo, who's supposed to pressure the QB. He isn't the only pressure point, but the main one. We already know there isn't a decent Leo on this roster.

I agree. I thought the same thing when I read this. Not sure what we have at cornerback, but I think at minimum we will have a decent starting unit. The pass defense wasn't awful last year considering there was no pass rush generated. The linebacking unit/DL line and how that all comes together is the key issue to me

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they would have to pay him a lot of money probably more than he is worth due to the fact that the team is so bad free agents want to get paid well if they are going to go to San Fransisco. Not to mention I'm sure he would rather win so beating out a playoff caliber team will take money and a lot of it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign Elvis Dumervil. Even at his age, he'll be a valuable situational pass rusher that can show the younger players how to be pros, what's expected of them.

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they would have to pay him a lot of money probably more than he is worth due to the fact that the team is so bad free agents want to get paid well if they are going to go to San Fransisco. Not to mention I'm sure he would rather win so beating out a playoff caliber team will take money and a lot of it.

I don't think he'll sign with SF .. I was just surprised the Chiefs cut him. Alex is gonna miss that guy.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign Elvis Dumervil. Even at his age, he'll be a valuable situational pass rusher that can show the younger players how to be pros, what's expected of them.

Yea I like the signing. Hopefully he can help bring some of the young bucks along and help us out on the field. At least we're taking a few chances this off season...last years was pretty brutal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost time guys. I can't wait for this season. I just want to see growth this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its almost time guys. I can't wait for this season. I just want to see growth this year.

Agree in that showing improvement is huge, not necessarily winning half the games. Showing some hope in most of our games, is the minimum we want.

There will be growth, but it might not be reflected in the W's. The reason being we don't have top players at the key positions. The overall team should be better - including depth - but we don't have 'prime' players at QB and LEO. So the consistent quality performances, won't be there.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is next years QB class should be better than this years and even if they aren't picking at #1 they should still be able to get a franchise QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well the good news is next years QB class should be better than this years and even if they aren't picking at #1 they should still be able to get a franchise QB.

It MIGHT require a big trade up and in that scenario....are we fans ready to give up a lot of picks?

Not saying it'll require a Goff or Wentz type deal, but something similar isn't far fetched.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It MIGHT require a big trade up and in that scenario....are we fans ready to give up a lot of picks?

Not saying it'll require a Goff or Wentz type deal, but something similar isn't far fetched.

It might but lets be honest this team will be lucky to win 5 games and that is probably optimistic so they will be picking in the top 5 or possibly top 3 and there should be at least three really good QB's in next years draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you aren't going to be able to offer low I don't think because someone else will pay him more.
I agree. Barring a major injury, it doesn't matter how Cousins plays this season. He'll end up getting paid big bucks in 2018 no matter what. We won't have the option of lowballing him. Look at how that turned out for Washington.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season Starts in 2 Days. I cant wait. Im actually really excited for this year.