• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was assuming, without actually checking one of the points charts, that trading down 2 or 3 or 4 spots wouldn't involve a DRAMATIC swapping of point values. And that for the sake of this exercise, a team would be willing to give up whatever pick(s) that would be necessary to make us whole. (Obviously, if in the real world a team would NOT want to give up a 2 or a 2 and a 3 or whatever, then this again is moot.) But to answer your question more directly, no, I wouldn't be inclined to trade down if it meant instead of an extra 2nd round pick (for example), we'd get a 4th. I don't mind trading down under the right circumstances, but I'm not interested in hanging out a sign that says "I'm stupid and desperate, come steal from me." IF it's something slightly different (we get a pick toward the start of the 3rd rather than at the back end of the 2nd) and if I am eager to make a deal because I want the extra picks (or alternatively, I want to get out of my drafting slot because there is NO ONE I want to pick), then I probably wouldn't sneeze over such a basically trivial difference. But I get the sense you're asking whether I would take a significant loss just to trade down and get more picks, and the answer is "no."

ok

In the 'big picture' my opinion is essentially the same as yours, just that we're describing it differently. I'm saying no one will trade up because there isn't anyone to trade up for (ie taking the view of a trading partner). You're describing it as lets not be stupid (ie our view). But bottom line is neither of us expect a trade down where we obtain 'equal' points.

in the 'small picture' or the part in bolden, again we're thinking the same under this specific scenario. My description is that there are say 10 players of 'equal' value from #2 to #11. Your description is No one i want to pick. but bottom line is we're keeping an open mind or "wouldn't sneeze" if this scenario panned out.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers sign another free-agent linebacker, Dekoda Watson

Niners sign former Broncos' LB Dekoda Watson. Played special teams and depth at MLB. Niners have now signed three LB, though Malcom Smith will probably end up playing the weak side. Watson and Coyle will serve as backups and play special teams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers sign another free-agent linebacker, Dekoda Watson

Niners sign former Broncos' LB Dekoda Watson. Played special teams and depth at MLB. Niners have now signed three LB, though Malcom Smith will probably end up playing the weak side. Watson and Coyle will serve as backups and play special teams.

He is probably an improvement over what we currently have except for Bowman. Hopefully we have seen the last of Wilhoite starting

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilhoite signed with the Seahawks. Good. He can go whiff on tackles up there.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets sign former 49ers wide receiver

Quinton Patton has signed with the Jets. With the influx of Wrs that the Niners signed through FA, there was no room for Patton. Wish him nothing but the best.

He just never did much. On film he looked very ordinary. He is easily replaceable with a mid level draft pick

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cut brock no surprise after what happen but evn if this didn't happen I thought they would of cut him. We will go CB with one of our 1st 2 picks I think.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We cut brock no surprise after what happen but evn if this didn't happen I thought they would of cut him. We will go CB with one of our 1st 2 picks I think.

Cut him when?

At this point we don't know what we have at CB, including starters AND depth? More so we don't know based on the new defensive scheme?

So i would've let them all compete first (OTC, TC, and Pre-Season), and then fill the depth chart accordingly. Who knows, Brock might've been good enough to still be the starter? Maybe he is good in a situational role? But nothing to gain by cutting him early, IF that is what you meant.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They cut him. U didnt here

i know, but you said even if this incident didn't happen, you would've cut him. So my response was when?

If this incident hadn't happened, i would've have cut him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i know, but you said even if this incident didn't happen, you would've cut him. So my response was when?

If this incident hadn't happened, i would've have cut him.

Oh wow......i meant "If this incident hadn't happened, i wouldn't have cut him"

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers release KD Cannon

bizarre move no doubt. It would have to be a non-football reason, cause rookie camp doesn't allow enough time to prove yourself.....or does it?!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers release KD Cannon

bizarre move no doubt. It would have to be a non-football reason, cause rookie camp doesn't allow enough time to prove yourself.....or does it?!

I guess it must, he probably looked terrible in rookie camp and if he can't handle other rookies how's he going to handle NFL veterans.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably popped off at a coach or showed up late or something along those lines - not football related.