• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All=Pro Eagles

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great seeing Kelse back on the top of his game. Very happy we didn't get rid of him after he had a couple down seasons.

Four Eagles earn spot on AP All-Pro team

Kelce and Johnson earned first team honors on the All-Pro team, with Kelce garnering the most votes at center while Johnson having the most votes at tackle. Wentz and Cox were selected to the second team.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eating crow on Kelce - I was one of those that wanted him gone before the start of the season. Good for him to bounce back and have the season he had. Lane was lights out all year. Good to see some of the brain trust's big decisions paying off, bodes well for the future.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eating crow on Kelce - I was one of those that wanted him gone before the start of the season. Good for him to bounce back and have the season he had. Lane was lights out all year. Good to see some of the brain trust's big decisions paying off, bodes well for the future.

I would have been happy to see Kelce gone at the beginning of the year too. Guy was the absolute worst the last 2 years. Glad he turned it around.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like when we got rid of Herremans and Mathis, Kelce just lost his ability. Glad they got him guys around him he can rely on now. I really feel like that was the issue.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was totally on the get rid of Kelce bandwagon. He has been helped greatly by the new scheme Pederson is running, which takes advantage of his mobility. But I still worry he is going to get exposed in the playoffs by more powerful defensive tackles, which might be a bigger problem with the immobile Foles. And his snaps have been pretty shaky in recent weeks, a problem he had in prior seasons.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe Jason Kelce an apology. For the last 2 years i thought he was done. Good on him for proving me wrong.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce being at the top just shows you how poor the selection process is. Guy can barely snap it.

Wentz avoided all the guys he let come up the middle. Travis Frederick is a rock that would let us actually run up the middle, which we have trouble doing with Kelce.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donnie Jones didn't make it?

What a disgrace. That guy is the best.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce being at the top just shows you how poor the selection process is. Guy can barely snap it.

Wentz avoided all the guys he let come up the middle. Travis Frederick is a rock that would let us actually run up the middle, which we have trouble doing with Kelce.

he can't block the guy lined up in front of him very well, but luckily they ask him to move more often in the run game. Maybe that affects his snaps more than it should.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can't block the guy lined up in front of him very well, but luckily they ask him to move more often in the run game. Maybe that affects his snaps more than it should.
Can't block the guy in front of him.
Can't block someone else and snap it.
Wins All Pro.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't block the guy in front of him.
Can't block someone else and snap it.
Wins All Pro.

I think admittedly during the selection process, they did mention that he was average in his pass-blocking ability this year, but where he won was with his run-blocking grades, second to none (as per PFF for what it's worth).

He's not perfect, but he did have a renaissance year compared to his performances the past couple of seasons.

You like big centers? I prefer them too. They signed Jon Toth to their practice squad, 6-5 310. Someone that was a draftable prospect last year until he got hurt - 49 career games in the SEC. Keep an eye on him during the 90 man roster work next season.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Kelce had a better season, but honestly - we could still do better at Center. It is not that Kelce just played better, he was put in a better situation that fits his abilities. He has no push to run up the gut, and he still does poorly on delayed blitzes up the middle. If you look, all of our big runs, come from running OUTSIDE on the left side, where Kelce pulls and is allowed to block on the run - turning a 5-8 yard pickup into a 20 yard pickup (not running up the gut). Just like Agholor has done better by moving to the slot, Kelce has done better being asked to block in motion. Wentz also made the entire OL look better than they were by running more and getting free. But least you forget, Wentz was the most hit QB in the NFL before he went down. That was not due to great protection in pass blocking. I'm glad we are playing to players strengths - this is what makes Doug "SOOOOO" much better than Andy Reid. And Kelce has had a better season. But we could still be an improved OL with a bigger C who can actually take on a block without moving backwards and help create a hole between the tackles.