• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alfonzo Dennard

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL 2 not knowing SportsHoopla vernacular.

awww, how cute. I bet you guys have your own little hand-shake/fist bump combo, too.

LOL 2

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope to God Fonzo doesnt go to the Bungals. He'd have to fly home to lincoln to do his weight training in a professional facility

LOL 2 my high school having better facilities than Bungals

Spend money. Please stop being a joke.

Sorry, I'll tell Mike Brown first thing in the morning.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Naw, by the time the draft rolls around Stephon Gilmore, Casey Hayward, Brandon Boykin and Chase Minnifield will all probably leap frog Dennard and Jenkins as those two guys have either character red flags or serious flaws in their game.

I don't know a whole lot about the guys, but even if players have red flags some teams always seem willing to take a risks on them. Janoris Jenkins is a possible top 10 picks if not for the character issues. I'm sure somebody will take a chance on him, whether it be in the first or second.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awww, how cute. I bet you guys have your own little hand-shake/fist bump combo, too.

LOL 2

Nothing makes me feel like more of a loser than not knowing the secret code of Nebraska fans. I'll try harder.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these Nebraskaites would read, they'd see that this wasn't my personal opinion. This was what NFL scouts were saying. There's still time left and the combine. Also, watching dominate WRs at Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa, etc isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. NFL teams have to decide if he had the skill set to covet Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald or if he's better suited to the safety position.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue about college football.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these Nebraskaites would read, they'd see that this wasn't my personal opinion. This was what NFL scouts were saying. There's still time left and the combine. Also, watching dominate WRs at Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa, etc isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. NFL teams have to decide if he had the skill set to covet Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Larry Fitzgerald or if he's better suited to the safety position.

Come on. Be realistic. If they did that, and took the time to learn how then they wouldn't have time to work on their cool vernacular and secret hand-shakes/Fist-bumps.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No chance those 2 jump Dennard and Jenkins.

The only knock on Brandon Boykin is his size. And while it's true he's short in stature he's also muscular, fast and fluid all traits that will be highly sought after come draft time. He's already making a name for himself at the Senior Bowl and should elevate himself further with a solid combine. Boykin is the type of player who's stock catches fire and we see them shooting up the draft boards. It happens every year.

excerpt!

Georgia CB Brandon Boykin
Boykin's physical tools jumped out this week. He is fluid and explosive, and he showed off good top-end speed and an extra gear to recover and make up ground when in a trail position. Boykin flashed the ability to turn his hips and run with receivers to limit separation, and even when he was beaten initially, he was able to recover. There are some concerns about his overall instincts and playmaking ability, whether he is a better athlete than football player at this point, but Boykin was one of the top performers on either roster.

He has the skill set to play nickelback and cover small, quick slot receivers, and his ability to return kicks is also an asset. Boykin is solidly in the Day 2 mix, and how teams judge his instincts on tape will play a role in where exactly he comes off the board.
-- Weidl

2012 NFL draft -- Several Day 2 prospects hurt and helped themselves at the Senior Bowl - ESPN

Highlights
Brandon Boykin (UGA Highlights) - Thank You Brandon!! - YouTube

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2 exactly. Jenkins and Dennard will both be day 1 picks.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Day 2 exactly. Jenkins and Dennard will both be day 1 picks.

We'll see as Dennard now appears to be a Day two prospect as well!

excerpt~

Nebraska QB Alfonzo Dennard
He's a tough, physical corner who plays bigger than his listed size, but Dennard's lack of top-end speed and inability to recover were both exposed during Senior Bowl practices. He competed hard and was able to push receivers around at times, but Dennard also allowed too much separation out of breaks, and once he recovered it took him too long to get back into the play. He is fluid enough to turn his hips and run with receivers, but he likely won't be able to stay with above-average vertical threats at the next level.

Dennard isn't in a free fall, but he's likely slipped to the middle of the second round and forced teams to go back to the tape for another and check his ability to locate and defend the deep out, among other things.
-- Muench

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it just me or does that sound exactly like the guys we have a CB now?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounds a lot like Leon Hall..... But Hall's value is that while he can be beat by a good vertical threat, he is very good at all other aspects of the game. I would be hesitant to invest a first round pick in a guy that can't cover speed receivers - Especially given that we have to deal with Wallace, Brown and Smith.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, we definitely need to address the CB position, but with a guy more like Joseph, a guy who can cover the speed guys.