• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Stats.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously care because you were arguing with others. I added my two cents when you made a stupid comment.

KC is the best QB we have had since Baugh. Alex Smith is a punk doomed to fail.

No, KC is not the "best QB we have had since Baugh". "Alex Smith is a punk doomed to fail"?...look in the mirror bro...at least I have always known, who and what you are and...had the balls to say so.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think skinz wants facts or knowledge ehb. He said it and that makes it so. Do not argue with a guy that played 65lb tackle football. :pound:I know what I think will happen but will wait awhile to see if it plays out like I think.

The price for saying "hey I think we made a mistake here is" being told we aren't real Redskin fans. :noidea:

if you know what will happen, then say so...or, wait til it does so you can say "i said that would happen". you know what they call that right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was let go in KC for money reasons, period. As for the past three years, that nod goes to the winning QB.

judging a qb solely on wins is primitive and cliche ridden . it takes 53 guys to win and any fan above the novice stage knows that is a lazy argument at best . sonny jurgensen is a HOF qb with a losing record here in DC

17 mil is hugely cheap for a starting qb and again anyone researching this would easily know this . so moving on from smith isnt about money . its about believing the other guy is better

if we picked up smith as a FA my hole attitude about this situation would be different . we lost a starting cb , and a draft choice we simply didnt have too . yeah KC was moving on but we could have signed a FA qb and drafted one in this draft .

case keenum took a vikings team to an NFC title game and cost the broncos 18 mil to sign him so there were better options

smith is looking like a modern day steve de berg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, KC is not the "best QB we have had since Baugh". "Alex Smith is a punk doomed to fail"?...look in the mirror bro...at least I have always known, who and what you are and...had the balls to say so.

Actually based on consistency and production.. Cousins is the best QB we have had since Baugh. Now you could base it on the sports center index, and you might get one guy who was better for one year. YOu could base it on the bus driver who won a Super Bowl, and I would give you Doug, Joe and even Ryp.

But for pure QB.. Cousins is the best this team has seen in the last 20 years or more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sonny jurgensen and billy kilmer and thiesman probably have a place in there before KC , i can give you that

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith are both top 5-8 QBS in the NFL.......Similar stats and styles.......But Alex Smith will have more production in the rushing game making 3rd downs much easier for him.............In a whole I think its safe to say our offense will be much improved from last season....

What Cousins did last season was amazing.......Throwing for 65% COMP rate and over 4000YDS with the 32nd ranked rushing game is not easy.........Defenses rarely stacked the box, leaving 7+ guys in coverage because they had no respect for our running game and Cousins still picked apart a lot of backfields.........

I loved our draft this season stopping the run was a huge need as we ranked 28th in rushing defense and 1st RD pick Da'ron Payne is a great run stopper and will step in and contribute immediately........I also think former Bama teammates Johnathon Allen and Ryan Anderson have big 2nd seasons if they can stay healthy.....

2nd RD pick RB Derrius Guice is an amazing talent....... He has first RD talent........He the most vilolent + physical runner in the draft....A couple weeks ago I saw some NFL network cast members comparing him to Marshawn Lynch as they both have quick feet and amazing power along with the ability to always fall forward.....

Guice along with the addition of 3rd RD pick Geron Christian will play huge parts in taking this rushing offense from 32nd to a top 10 rushing offense IMO.

Being able to run the ball and stop the run will turn us into a playoff team, with or without KC........Alex Smith is more than good enough to to take us where we want to go.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith are both top 5-8 QBS in the NFL.......Similar stats and styles.......But Alex Smith will have more production in the rushing game making 3rd downs much easier for him.............In a whole I think its safe to say our offense will be much improved from last season....

What Cousins did last season was amazing.......Throwing for 65% COMP rate and over 4000YDS with the 32nd ranked rushing game is not easy.........Defenses rarely stacked the box, leaving 7+ guys in coverage because they had no respect for our running game and Cousins still picked apart a lot of backfields.........

I loved our draft this season stopping the run was a huge need as we ranked 28th in rushing defense and 1st RD pick Da'ron Payne is a great run stopper and will step in and contribute immediately........I also think former Bama teammates Johnathon Allen and Ryan Anderson have big 2nd seasons if they can stay healthy.....

2nd RD pick RB Derrius Guice is an amazing talent....... He has first RD talent........He the most vilolent + physical runner in the draft....A couple weeks ago I saw some NFL network cast members comparing him to Marshawn Lynch as they both have quick feet and amazing power along with the ability to always fall forward.....

Guice along with the addition of 3rd RD pick Geron Christian will play huge parts in taking this rushing offense from 32nd to a top 10 rushing offense IMO.

Being able to run the ball and stop the run will turn us into a playoff team, with or without KC........Alex Smith is more than good enough to to take us where we want to go.

No Alex Smith isn’t. No their stats were not, other than last season. Our offense may improve but it will have to do with a running game, not Alex Smith running.

I think you are crazy but I could be wrong.

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Alex Smith isn’t. No their stats were not, other than last season. Our offense may improve but it will have to do with a running game, not Alex Smith running.

I think you are crazy but I could be wrong.

I was refferring to the running game - running backs not Alex Smith running the ball

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins had a lot more attempts over the last 3 years thats why he had more passing YDS and TD passes.
However Smith had less INTS and was won at a higher level than Cousins...Their passing COMP rate were equal at 67%..........If you break down the numbers there is not much of a difference.
I never suggested that Smith will be a running threat but he is more mobile than Cousins and can escape a closing pocket and rush for positive YDS.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins had a lot more attempts over the last 3 years thats why he had more passing YDS and TD passes.
However Smith had less INTS and was won at a higher level than Cousins...Their passing COMP rate were equal at 67%..........If you break down the numbers there is not much of a difference.
I never suggested that Smith will be a running threat but he is more mobile than Cousins and can escape a closing pocket and rush for positive YDS.

KC had more attempts because more was asked of him in the offense. Alex Smith has never been asked to do anything in an offense except don’t turn it over.

Smith had fewer interceptions because he doesn’t throw to people unless they are wide open. He has won more games because of far superior run games and defenses.

Completing 67% of your passes to wide open players is a lot easier than completing them to guys who are rarely open.

Alex Smith looks to run for yards. He doesn’t look to run to pass.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His last 2 teams both disagreed with you that he was good enough to take the team where it needed to go.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aside from his outlier season last year (which he is pretty much guaranteed notto repeat), his ANY/A is consistently lower than Cousins'.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
judging a qb solely on wins is primitive and cliche ridden . it takes 53 guys to win and any fan above the novice stage knows that is a lazy argument at best . sonny jurgensen is a HOF qb with a losing record here in DC

17 mil is hugely cheap for a starting qb and again anyone researching this would easily know this . so moving on from smith isnt about money . its about believing the other guy is better

if we picked up smith as a FA my hole attitude about this situation would be different . we lost a starting cb , and a draft choice we simply didnt have too . yeah KC was moving on but we could have signed a FA qb and drafted one in this draft .

case keenum took a vikings team to an NFC title game and cost the broncos 18 mil to sign him so there were better options

smith is looking like a modern day steve de berg
I stopped reading at the bolded comment. We all know Mahomes is not better than Smith right now.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously care because you were arguing with others. I added my two cents when you made a stupid comment.

KC is the best QB we have had since Baugh. Alex Smith is a punk doomed to fail.
And you clearly know nothing about football. I didn't argue with anyone, I made a comment, period. I will agree with you that Cousins was good but not better than Theismann during his time here. Just stop already you sound like Dean.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last season, Blake Bortles was Smith’s equal?

Case Keenum, Nick Foles, and Jarrod Goff were better?

Alex Smith is better than Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers?

How can Alex Smith be mentioned in the same sentence as Wilson and Rodgers? Please answer me that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading at the bolded comment. We all know Mahomes is not better than Smith right now.
Then you are biased and uniformed about this. It’s ok we know the deal

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know Smith is better than Mahomes today? You can’t answer that. You are of that belief.

And you clearly know nothing about football. I didn't argue with anyone, I made a comment, period. I will agree with you that Cousins was good but not better than Theisdmann during his time here. Just stop already you sound like Dean.

Explain how I know nothing. You were absolutely arguing and making statements you haven’t backed up. What made Theissman better? You sound nothing like Dean because at least he would try to prove his point.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Alex Smith be mentioned in the same sentence as Wilson and Rodgers? Please answer me that.

I didn’t. Keep up. Wilson and Rodgers both did worse record wise than Smith. Somebody made a statement the winning QB is better. So by their logic, Smith is better than Wilson and Rodgers.