• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama Vs Florida State

Who wins on September 2nd?

• Jimbo

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Saban

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all these neighborhood markets going up too, we've got 7 of them now all within 10 miles. And this isn't even a big city.
Ann Arbor has been pretty lucky at avoiding the walmart invasion. There aren't any within the city, the closest one to my house is like 25+ minutes away.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UnsightlyInexperiencedBittern.gif

Houston vs. Florida State - Game Recap - December 31, 2015 - ESPN

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was rough, but to be fair, we were at least in a BCS game and you guys went 5-7 that year and didn't play in a bowl game.

Out of all years to bring up, 2015 probably wasn't the best choice, bud.

Respect for trying though.

Awww, moral victory. Still, you ignore the fact that a mid major fucked you guys up. Also, you didn't play in a BCS bowl, seeing how BCS bowls did not exist in 2015 and never was a BCS bowl game. New to college football, huh?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say get to Tallahassee, I said in Tallahassee.

But yea, you're correct as far as the middle of Florida goes, I said in a previous post that if you don't live on one of the coast of Florida, or in Miami, you get a very white trash looking culture. nfortunately these people, along with a lot of the ghetto's in the dade country area, provide people with some crazy news story every day and make the people who live on the coast, where people actually want to live, a bad name.

How mad were you that one of your kids decided to go to FSU over Bama?

And are you guys going to the game?

I will clarify then...they are all IN Tallahassee, either in or on the loop.

I live on the West Coast of Florida, there are plenty of crazies to go around.

I don't care where my kids go, as long as they are happy with the choice. One passed on a pretty lucrative scholarship package from Alabama to go to Georgia Tech, but that only hurt my pocket book, not my pride.

I was planning on being in attendance, but the prices are starting to look kind of ugly. I'm not paying $750 for a game that will be over by halftime....:suds:

Reactions: TJL

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't taking into account population which is far more important to determine the percentage of walmart-type of people per state.

Per capita, Ohio has about the same walmarts as Florida, and both have a lot more than Michigan. Arkansas blows everyone out of the water by a lot.

#1 Arkansas 22.3 stores per 1 million people
#18 Texas 11.3
#29 Florida 7.4
#31 Ohio 7.1
#38 Michigan 4.1

Walmart Stores number of supercenters (per capita) statistics - States compared - StateMaster

That's supercenters though...Florida still has a lot of the smaller ghetto Wal-marts in older neighborhoods or the little shitbird towns that make up Central Florida.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww, moral victory. Still, you ignore the fact that a mid major fucked you guys up. Also, you didn't play in a BCS bowl, seeing how BCS bowls did not exist in 2015 and never was a BCS bowl game. New to college football, huh?
I fudged up, haven't had my coffee, meant New Years Eve bowl, and I didn't gloss over the fact we got beat by a mid major, I specifically said that was a tough game to watch.

I don't know why you're so upset, Texas will eventually be good again, but bringing up a year in which you went 5-7 and we went 10-3, beat both our main rivals, and played in the Peach Bowl isn't exactly a good look

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will clarify then...they are all IN Tallahassee, either in or on the loop.

I live on the West Coast of Florida, there are plenty of crazies to go around.

I don't care where my kids go, as long as they are happy with the choice. One passed on a pretty lucrative scholarship package from Alabama to go to Georgia Tech, but that only hurt my pocket book, not my pride.

I was planning on being in attendance, but the prices are starting to look kind of ugly. I'm not paying $750 for a game that will be over by halftime....:suds:
I live on the West Coast as well, I'm located in Clearwater right near the beach.

The prices are terrible, I was planning on going but I'm not paying that much for blah tickets.

I don't think the game will be over by halftime, we are getting our best defensive player from last year back, finally, and with a lot of top recruits coming in, a refurnished O-line, and supposedly a much improved Francois, I like our chances.

Either way, I've been looking forward to this game for years, I was rooting for you guys against Auburn because I wanted to play you in the 2013 National title game. Should be fun either way, and I'm happy it's at the beginning of the season because a loss won't hurt much and either team will still have a great shot of making the CFP.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fudged up, haven't had my coffee, meant New Years Eve bowl, and I didn't gloss over the fact we got beat by a mid major, I specifically said that was a tough game to watch.

I don't know why you're so upset, Texas will eventually be good again, but bringing up a year in which you went 5-7 and we went 10-3, beat both our main rivals, and played in the Peach Bowl isn't exactly a good look

Not upset at all. Just responding to your post. When Texas was dominating, FSU was average at best. These things are cyclical. Texas just endured one of the worst coaches ever in Charlie Strong. He's gone now. Hopefully Herman can turn this around.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not upset at all. Just responding to your post. When Texas was dominating, FSU was average at best. These things are cyclical. Texas just endured one of the worst coaches ever in Charlie Strong. He's gone now. Hopefully Herman can turn this around.

Herman will turn it around, it's Texas, Herman is going to reel in top recruits there.

And the mid 00s for FSU was brutal, hard to watch at times.

My NFL team is the Dolphins, but I root for all FSU players once they get to the NFL, which is since I like near Raymond James I go to a lot of Bucs games just to see Jameis.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman will turn it around, it's Texas, Herman is going to reel in top recruits there.

And the mid 00s for FSU was brutal, hard to watch at times.

My NFL team is the Dolphins, but I root for all FSU players once they get to the NFL, which is since I like near Raymond James I go to a lot of Bucs games just to see Jameis.

Your 00s for FSU was my 90's when I was a student at Texas. Oh it was awful!!!!

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 00s for FSU was my 90's when I was a student at Texas. Oh it was awful!!!!
Going from being a top 5 team every single year, to finishing every year 7-6 or 8-5 and ranked around 20-25, and then having to watch Bobby Bowden basically be forced out, was really tough.