• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama or UCF?

who is the best college football team?

• UCF

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Alabalama

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can join the AAC, play no one all season and go undefeated to then play Auburn in a meaningless bowl game and declare myself national sshamps?

How much does it cost to join? Sign me up. :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's playoff run:

beat Maryland
cancelled Ga Tech
beat Auburn

The SShamps! :first:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me an example of such a team.

Because in the current format, you can fail to qualify for your own conference title game but still get an invite from the committee to play for the national title. Some fans think that's bullshit.

Wisconsin just a few years ago, 8-5 and won the Big10.

Alabama and Georgia both lost 1 game in the regular season, both to the same team. However, Georgia is in a different division so they get a rematch while Alabama doesn't - even though Alabama's loss wasn't as bad. Alabama is left out by way of tie breakers as Auburn had also lost to LSU, which Alabama beat.

Meanwhile, Ohio St gets blown out to Iowa and still manages to win their conference and Oklahoma loses to Iowa St. Much WORSE conference losses, but because they were such terrible losses - they do not change the outcome of the conference championship.

So in effect, you are trying to say that Alabama would have been more deserving if it had lost to Vandy instead of Auburn. And that's kind of fucked up if you ask me.

The day it is set in stone that it's impossible for 2 teams in the same conference to be among the 4 best teams in the conference and that each conference will by default have 1 of the 5 best teams overall, I'll entertain the idea. But that ain't even close to being the reality right now.

The fact is: The playoffs were designed specifically to allow for multiple teams from the same conference.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So everything else is speculation. Facts are Alabama, national champions. UCF, Peach Bowl champions.

At worst you share it. Southerners are friendly. But the system is clearly flawed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF wasn't invited to the CFP. Can't win a game you weren't invited to.

You act as if the invites are random, they are not.

UCF was not invited because they didn't do anything that showed they were among the 4 best teams. They played one of the weakest schedules in college football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At worst you share it. Southerners are friendly. But the system is clearly flawed.

Not sharing because they didn't win anything.

It's THEIR FAULT they didn't play a tougher schedule, not ours.

Might as well start #notmychampion social justice warrior crap, because that's what this is on par with.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 best teams
The hang up is calling for "the 4 best teams". "Best" based on what? Nobody is interestedn opinions on who is better. That's not sports.

Impossible to know who is better between UCF and Bama is unless they play.

Expand the playoffs and make winning your conference an auto qualifier. If Bama misses the playoffs and you still want to call them the best, you can. But the champions will be whoever wins the tournament based on qualifiers, not invites.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't share it. They didn't play for the national championship.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sharing because they didn't win anything.

It's THEIR FAULT they didn't play a tougher schedule, not ours.

They beat Auburn who beat Bama. That impressive.

What's wrong with sharing the title with an unbeaten team who beat your rival?

I bet most Bama fans are happy to share with UCF.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't share it. They didn't play for the national championship.

Southern folks are friendly. I bet 99% of Bama fans are proud of UCF beating Auburn, and happy to share the title.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it's not. You saw the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff. Auburn won some big game sat home and got blasted by Georgia in the SEC championship. 2 different venues, 2 different results.

Meanwhile you had Auburn players declare for the draft after the UCF game.

Carlton Davis, 2nd team all-american CB didn't even play in the Peach Bowl because of an "illness". Walter's football has him in the 1st round.

How many other Auburn players have declared? I'm sure after talking to agents these guys really took the UCF game serious.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. You saw the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff.
Impossible to prove, as "best" is subjective. And who cares who is best anyways? Was Bama better than Auburn this year? The best team doesn't always win.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to prove, as "best" is subjective. And who cares who is best anyways? Was Bama better than Auburn this year? The best team doesn't always win.

At Auburn? Yeah they beat BAMA and Georgia. How was Auburn against Georgia in the SEC Championship?

Best 4 teams got in.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 4 teams got in.
Majority of fans don't care about who some committee thinks is best. Most fans want to see the games on the field determine championships.

We're the Giants the best team in the NFL the year they upset the Pats with David Tyree's catch? Most people would say no, but they still won the Super Bowl. That's what most fans care about.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majority of fans don't care about who some committee thinks is best. Most fans want to see the games on the field determine championships.

We're the Giants the best team in the NFL the year they upset the Pats with David Tyree's catch? Most people would say no, but they still won the Super Bowl. That's what most fans care about.

You can't compare the NFL and college. Even the worst teams in the NFL can win on any given Sunday. The best teams in college vs the worst in college is such a much larger gap, which is why you can't let G5 conferences get in based on going undefeated in conference play and beating Maryland.

UCF has a case, but you sure as hell can't claim they should be in because they beat Auburn minus their 1st round CB in a meaningless bowl along with other players' that declared for the NFL just showing up for the bowl game. I've seen it too many times. You think Kerryon Johnson was running his ass off in that game against UCF?

Anyone who honestly thinks these players play "all out" for some of these meaningless bowl games when their agents are in their ear barking at them to not get hurt needs to think a bit more outside the box.

Most fans realize UCF isn't beating anyone in that top 4 and it's really not even close. Hell Ohio St was next in line with 2 losses.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn soon to be pros:

Carlton Davis, 1st round --- didn't even play against UCF
Kerryon Johnson, RB 1st/2nd
Braden Smith, OL 2nd
Stephen Roberts, S 3rd

LOL at these guys are going all out for the Peach bowl.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hang up is calling for "the 4 best teams". "Best" based on what? Nobody is interestedn opinions on who is better. That's not sports.

Impossible to know who is better between UCF and Bama is unless they play.

Expand the playoffs and make winning your conference an auto qualifier. If Bama misses the playoffs and you still want to call them the best, you can. But the champions will be whoever wins the tournament based on qualifiers, not invites.

They played 1 P5 and it was Maryland. That is their own fault.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Auburn who beat Bama. That impressive.

What's wrong with sharing the title with an unbeaten team who beat your rival?

I bet most Bama fans are happy to share with UCF.

They beat Auburn AFTER THE PLAYOFFS WERE DECIDED.

And there is nothing to share, so why does anyone have to be happy with it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course, once again the people who claim conference championships are so important completely ignore any and all requests to justify why it should mean anything on the national level.