• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama @ Ole Miss set for 2:30 pm kickoff on CBS

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
griffin 1/3, I guess our FG kicking sucks again this year. That's 6 points we could have used. Are we ever going to get a FG kicker that is worth a shit? We have top recruiting classes and can't buy a decent FG kicker?

When is the next Tiffin kid due to be at Alabama?

NO. Griffith is not to blame.

His misses were 49 and 51 yds from the hashes. That's no chip shot for any kicker.

We have no fundamentals or discipline right now.

We have 3 problems.

1. Penalties
2. Turnovers
3. Bobby Williams

:tsk:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, correct me where I'm wrong. Based on what I've read:

Saban needs to learn how to manage the game better as a coach and work field position instead of these stupid long ass FG's.

Not a single one of our DB's is capable of turning their heads. What the hell happened there? I thought Smart was supposed to be coaching them again? Is he just mailing it in thinking he's going to be a HC somewhere else or what? That's just really ridiculous for the amount of talent we've been recruiting, nevermind the depth issues.

We still have no ball security.

We lack discipline with assignments and penalties.

Injuries are happening?

So basically, we've regressed to a Mike Shula team? Am I reading this right?

How did Sims look? His stat line looked horrible, but I read that maybe the Ole Miss D was actually daring us to run the ball?

Not sure if I'm happy or sad I missed this crap.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4D20, what happened is the offense has been reading their press clippings.

Saban pulled his usual big game conservative streak and would not venture out to save his own life.

The penalties that have plagued us at times in the past seemed to come at the worst times today.

Sims was not on his game. Cooper was hemmed up. We lost Drake to a season ending injury.

The kicker was battling wind and Saban felt 50 yards out was where we needed to kick from.

The offensive gameplan felt stiff all day. We could run on ole Miss, but didnt do it consistently enough and when we did, penalties got the drive killed or placed us in a hole 50 yards out.

We looked bad, and even through all of that we still had a glimmer of hope, and Sims threw an interception to kill that glimmer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Mississippi team being the best teams in the SEC so far, I think the SEC is down as a whole. I don't buy them as being good.

But damn if any other team in college football steps up, so I guess Auburn and Florida St are it, unless Baylor manages to hang tough.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. Griffith is not to blame.

His misses were 49 and 51 yds from the hashes. That's no chip shot for any kicker.

We have no fundamentals or discipline right now.

We have 3 problems.

1. Penalties
2. Turnovers
3. Bobby Williams

:tsk:

4D20, what happened is the offense has been reading their press clippings.

Saban pulled his usual big game conservative streak and would not venture out to save his own life.

The penalties that have plagued us at times in the past seemed to come at the worst times today.

Sims was not on his game. Cooper was hemmed up. We lost Drake to a season ending injury.

The kicker was battling wind and Saban felt 50 yards out was where we needed to kick from.

The offensive gameplan felt stiff all day. We could run on ole Miss, but didnt do it consistently enough and when we did, penalties got the drive killed or placed us in a hole 50 yards out.

We looked bad, and even through all of that we still had a glimmer of hope, and Sims threw an interception to kill that glimmer.

Well I hope Saban puts the loss on himself, but I'll be surprised if that happens. Hard to complain about such a successful coach and all, but damn. How many years of the same weakness(as a coach) does he need before he fixes them?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, correct me where I'm wrong. Based on what I've read:

Saban needs to learn how to manage the game better as a coach and work field position instead of these stupid long ass FG's. You nailed this one

Not a single one of our DB's is capable of turning their heads. What the hell happened there? I thought Smart was supposed to be coaching them again? Is he just mailing it in thinking he's going to be a HC somewhere else or what? That's just really ridiculous for the amount of talent we've been recruiting, nevermind the depth issues. Kirby might be part of the problem here, but I am not sure. We seem to be lacking something on defense and I cant put my finger on it. I think we may have too much top line talent and not enough that we need as worker bee's to make the top line talent work harder for fear of being replaced by lesser talent if they are performing better.

We still have no ball security.

We lack discipline with assignments and penalties. Nailed it

Injuries are happening? Lots of them today and some are big names

So basically, we've regressed to a Mike Shula team? Am I reading this right?

How did Sims look? His stat line looked horrible, but I read that maybe the Ole Miss D was actually daring us to run the ball?

Not sure if I'm happy or sad I missed this crap.

Sims looked confused and we lost two timeouts in the second half fixing issues with snapping the ball again. You should be glad you missed it, it was ugly

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope Saban puts the loss on himself, but I'll be surprised if that happens. Hard to complain about such a successful coach and all, but damn. How many years of the same weakness(as a coach) does he need before he fixes them?

Not sure but it appeared like he didnt have the answers today. He seemed like he wanted to run the ball and we could. But Penalties kept getting in the way and we dont have enough depth due to some injuries to pull certain players, Kouandjio(sp) namely. He rocked out of stance more than once in key times today.

Discipline seems to be the biggest issue for us right now and i hope they address this in the coming weeks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope we get it fixed, I won't be missing anymore games and while a long shot, we still have a chance.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on the bright side we aren't Oregon and didn't lose to an unranked team, and we didn't get embarrassed like LSU and A&M did today.

We might lose 3 games this year, but I think we'll be competitive in them.

Meltdown will be glorious this week.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the season start that this team had discipline issues. Unfortunately Ole Miss exposed that. I thought this was a trap game and our guys played like it was a trap game. Ole Miss played like they were playing for the National Championship and we played like we were playing a scrub team. Roll Tide and we will get better.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the same issues cost you wins over multiple seasons you can only blame coaching.

1. Special Teams (I'm not even gonna critique our kicker because he was put in a shit position by our coaches.)
2. Fumbilitis
3. Our secondary
4. Conservative play calling on offense
5. Shit strategic decisions in critical moments (a 51 yard fg attempt and blowing timeouts)

I love Saban, but this loss is 100% on his shoulders.

Ole Miss played like Champs

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defense played good for most of the game until late, I thought Ole Miss' defense was to blame for our offensive problems.

Dumb penalties, Ball security, and Ole Miss' defense is why we lost this game. Just my opinion.

I believe Ole Miss has a legit top 3 defense, them boys are very good, and it's gonna be hard for anyone to score on them.