• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL FBS should stop playing FCS teams. The level of talent between FBS & FCS teams is not even close. Those games are nothing more than glorified scrimmages for FBS programs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the SEC holding on to the cross division games when they went to 14 teams. It only gives them one game against a team every 6 years and they can go and play a team once in 13 years. It is largely unfair to Tennessee who has to play a top team every year while Missouri gets a sketchy aTm.

They should do one of three things.
1) the ACC route, scrap the cross division rivalry game
2) go to 9 games and keep your rivalry game
3) drop divisions, keep three permanent rivals and rotate the rest.

Keeping it as structured now is a joke.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL FBS should stop playing FCS teams. The level of talent between FBS & FCS teams is not even close. Those games are nothing more than glorified scrimmages for FBS programs.
Signed Iowa fans

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the FCS team really. There are a good bit of FCS teams that are higher quality than some P5 teams.

App St doesn't beat Michigan without FCS games. The majority of FCS games don't provide much, but the few that do are gold.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, make wins against FCS opponents not count towards becoming bowl eligible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the FCS team really. There are a good bit of FCS teams that are higher quality than some P5 teams.

App St doesn't beat Michigan without FCS games. The majority of FCS games don't provide much, but the few that do are gold.

When's the last time an FCS team gave Bama a run for it's money? Stop justifying those cupcake games they play just because Bama's your team. Saban's an all time great HC & there's no doubt about it, no matter what trustmeimwrong says. But the 2 issues I have w/ his team are they play those weak ass FCS teams year in & year out + Saban will never schedule a true home & home w/ any decent P5 team.

Let's be honest here. Bama's 2nd stringers would give the 1st stringers a better game than any FCS program.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the SEC holding on to the cross division games when they went to 14 teams. It only gives them one game against a team every 6 years and they can go and play a team once in 13 years. It is largely unfair to Tennessee who has to play a top team every year while Missouri gets a sketchy aTm.

They should do one of three things.
1) the ACC route, scrap the cross division rivalry game
2) go to 9 games and keep your rivalry game
3) drop divisions, keep three permanent rivals and rotate the rest.

Keeping it as structured now is a joke.

12 teams was perfect, I'd rather kick out a couple of teams. I can pick if they are having trouble with it.

Les Miles always complained about LSU having to play Florida every year while Alabama played Tennessee.

But the trouble is rival games. Personally I don't give a fuck about playing Auburn or Tennessee every year. But many people do, and I understand why. Some people will block and do everything they can prevent it like the Rose Bowl tried to prevent the BCS/Playoffs. The real big deal however is probably Auburn vs Georgia as it's "the souths oldest rivalry" and has been played every year for like 100+ years or some shit.

There has been talk about Auburn moving to the east and Mizzou moving to the west and dumping the rival games. Auburn has said they want it. And that takes care of the Auburn vs Georgia game. And Auburn is fine with only playing Alabama every other year, and they had to force Alabama to play that game anyway, so I hope we are fine with that too. But I think the earliest that can be done is next year because they just had meetings a few weeks ago.

Still, no divisions and a couple of rival games and rotating the rest seems like the best solution to me. Keeps everyone happy with the rival games and allows good rotation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the last time an FCS team gave Bama a run for it's money? Stop justifying those cupcake games they play just because Bama's your team. Saban's an all time great HC & there's no doubt about it, no matter what trustmeimwrong says. But the 2 issues I have w/ his team are they play those weak ass FCS teams year in & year out + Saban will never schedule a true home & home w/ any decent P5 team.

Let's be honest here. Bama's 2nd stringers would give the 1st stringers a better game than any FCS program.

If we can only schedule teams that are going to give us a run for our money, we are going to run out of teams really fast.

They are there for an easy win and I'm not going to appologize for it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but absolutely pathetic...especially considering the disparity in resources between an FCS school and even a bottom dwelling P5 school. Didn't Kansas get something like $34 million as their portion of the Big 12? And they weren't really any better than some FCS schools...and many FBS schools. (Even though they did beat the biggest revenue producer in college athletics. That is pathetic too.) The bottom dwellers should be removed from the P5 gene pool if they aren't any better than that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but absolutely pathetic...especially considering the disparity in resources between an FCS school and even a bottom dwelling P5 school. Didn't Kansas get something like $34 million as their portion of the Big 12? And they weren't really any better than some FCS schools...and many FBS schools. (Even though they did beat the biggest revenue producer in college athletics. That is pathetic too.) The bottom dwellers should be removed from the P5 gene pool if they aren't any better than that.

I hate the labels for this reason. I'm supposed to be impressed with a team playing Kansas because they have a "P5" label on them? Rutgers last year, Mizzou lately, or Colorado most years?

"P5" is a good general rule of thumb that should get you in the ball park of good teams, but people who live religously by the labels are foolish.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the labels for this reason. I'm supposed to be impressed with a team playing Kansas because they have a "P5" label on them? Rutgers last year, Mizzou lately, or Colorado most years?

"P5" is a good general rule of thumb that should get you in the ball park of good teams, but people who live religously by the labels are foolish.
I agree...but the cash comes with the label which is why it is important. Damn sure ain't the quality of football. I'm of the opinion some P5 schools only field a football team because the revenue it produces supports all the other programs. They don't really have a legitimate shot at winning the conference championship except once in a blue moon. You can just about name the handful of teams in each conference that have a legitimate chance of winning the conference on a regular basis.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said no Michigan fan ever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can only schedule teams that are going to give us a run for our money, we are going to run out of teams really fast.

They are there for an easy win and I'm not going to appologize for it.

I never said schedule teams that would give Bama a run for their money. I said play a true home & home series w/ any P5 program. Bama simply doesn't do that. Not even you could make an argument otherwise. And of course you wouldn't apologize for your team playing cupcakes. It seems that you're actually proud the best program in the country does that year in & year out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said schedule teams that would give Bama a run for their money. I said play a true home & home series w/ any P5 program. Bama simply doesn't do that. Not even you could make an argument otherwise. And of course you wouldn't apologize for your team playing cupcakes. It seems that you're actually proud the best program in the country does that year in & year out.

It's not a matter of being proud, it's a matter of understanding why.

We play that game at that time because we play Auburn the week after and it's important that we win that game. So we want to be as rested as possible and have extra time to devote to playing that game.

They have said they would replace it with a mid-major, but they have trouble getting mid-majors to come that week. Either way, it's going to be an easy opponent, otherwise we might as well just plug Miss St in.

It's that simple. Everything anyone else says beyond that is wrong and just making up reasons for their own amusment. It can be the same exact FCS team every year and it doesn't matter to me, because they are all basically the same exact FCS team to me anyway. Hell, I can't even remember their names so I just call them all "FCS Team".

If they get rid of it, fine with me. If they keep it, fine with me. For statistics, a mid-major would be better, but at the same time - I like watching teams like Michigan, Iowa, Wazzu, South Carolina, etc get beat by them.

The way I see it, if you end up with a shitty SoS at the end of the year, it's your own fault. If you are smart, you know how to schedule enough hard teams that it doesn't matter. And that's what Alabama and most schools do.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you never schedule these teams( and play home and homes) you can bet you wont catch them the season they are decent or actually good. If you only schedule Mercer , Towsend, South Carolina, Presbyterian and Chattanooga you have eliminated any doubt that the game will ever be competitive.

Teams that everyone knows that Rutgers has beat in the past five years. Not world beaters but it's not like they are Chattanooga, South Carolina, Presbyterian and Towsend who would have probably lost to all of these teams. So it's funny that Bama fan pulls out the well you played Rutgers card. Again I'm not saying Rutgers is all that great or even good but you schedule them and four years later they could have a decent team. same goes with Virginia or Boston College type teams.

Kansas
Indiana 2x
Washington St.
Navy
Michigan
North Carolina
Arkansas 2x
SMU
USF
Syracuse
Cinn

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you never schedule these teams( and play home and homes) you can bet you wont catch them the season they are decent or actually good. If you only schedule Mercer , Towsend, South Carolina, Presbyterian and Chattanooga you have eliminated any doubt that the game will ever be competitive.

Teams that everyone knows that Rutgers has beat in the past five years. Not world beaters but it's not like they are Chattanooga, South Carolina, Presbyterian and Towsend who would have probably lost to all of these teams. So it's funny that Bama fan pulls out the well you played Rutgers card. Again I'm not saying Rutgers is all that great or even good but you schedule them and four years later they could have a decent team. same goes with Virginia or Boston College type teams.

Kansas
Indiana 2x
Washington St.
Navy
Michigan
North Carolina
Arkansas 2x
SMU
USF
Syracuse
Cinn

The teams are worth what they are worth in any given year as far as schedule strength goes. That's kind of the point. Just saying "P5" doesn't really mean shit, but actual value of team strength does.

And that's why you look at actual SoS data rather than just cherry picking games and pretending they are the only ones that exist.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kansas
Indiana 2x
Washington St.
Navy
Michigan
North Carolina
Arkansas 2x
SMU
USF
Syracuse
Cinn
But you are comparing Washington's shining star, primo out of conference game to Alabama's throw away game. Again, not comparing apples to apples.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of being proud, it's a matter of understanding why.

We play that game at that time because we play Auburn the week after and it's important that we win that game. So we want to be as rested as possible and have extra time to devote to playing that game.

They have said they would replace it with a mid-major, but they have trouble getting mid-majors to come that week. Either way, it's going to be an easy opponent, otherwise we might as well just plug Miss St in.

It's that simple. Everything anyone else says beyond that is wrong and just making up reasons for their own amusment. It can be the same exact FCS team every year and it doesn't matter to me, because they are all basically the same exact FCS team to me anyway. Hell, I can't even remember their names so I just call them all "FCS Team".

If they get rid of it, fine with me. If they keep it, fine with me. For statistics, a mid-major would be better, but at the same time - I like watching teams like Michigan, Iowa, Wazzu, South Carolina, etc get beat by them.

The way I see it, if you end up with a shitty SoS at the end of the year, it's your own fault. If you are smart, you know how to schedule enough hard teams that it doesn't matter. And that's what Alabama and most schools do.

Now this is comedy gold from the start.

"It's not a matter of being proud, it's a matter of understanding why."
"We play that game @ that time because we play Auburn the week after"

I only read to the end of the 2nd sentence because I couldn't stop laughing. Bama OWNS Auburn right now. The Tide are 7-2 in the last 9. Other than '10 & '13 here are the scores.

'08: Bama 36-0
'09: Bama 26-21
'11: Bama 42-14
'12: Bama 49-0
'14: Bama 55-44
'15: Bama 29-13
'16: Bama 30-12

Can you imagine how much shit Urban Meyer would get if he played an FCS team the week before the meeeechegan game?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to watch some pretty good games at the end of the year, but yeah, Alabama fans are the suckers.

:lol:

It's fucking terrible yall, so many National Championships and playoff apperances but well that FCS game is way more important and the fans are suckers.

Do you guys read what you type?

I'm sure to fans that don't attend games it doesn't matter, but Bama winning has nothing to do with the fans being suckers for paying for so many crap games.