• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama has played UT-Chattanooga 3 times since 2008

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back to 1990.

Curious...why did you pick such an obscure date.

Other than the self-serving obvious one that is.

Also how many of your P5 teams played were Rutgers or the ilk. You know like say Illinois or Syracuse. You know just random hypothetical teams.

Also hypothetically, when you stepped up and played someone with a pulse, for arguments sake, let's say, I don't know, an LSU or an Oklahoma, just to pick two random programs out of the air, how did that work out for you?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious...why did you pick such an obscure date.

Other than the self-serving obvious one that is.

Also how many of your P5 teams played were Rutgers or the ilk. You know like say Illinois or Syracuse. You know just random hypothetical teams.

Also hypothetically, when you stepped up and played someone with a pulse, for arguments sake, let's say, I don't know, an LSU or an Oklahoma, just to pick two random programs out of the air, how did that work out for you?
That's as far back as the site went (1990). The Cal - 4 schools (SC, UCLA, Stanford, and Cal) along with FSU have played more P5 games than Washington since then and there was one other school ahead of them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a chart that depicts the Alabama fans view of a 9 game conference schedule cross referenced with their view point on home and homes.

ga2ahGD.gif
Even you bammers have to admit this is funny!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you bammers have to admit this is funny!

I can only surmise the Land Rover was full of communists that wanted to take away the poor little guys money and give it to some other less worthy program, since, as we all know, money is the reason for A and B.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these posts and still no reasonable explanation why in almost ten years Alabama has played Chattanooga more than Georgia who's supposed to be in the SEC. Maybe Georgia was moved out of the conference and no one told them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these posts and still no reasonable explanation why in almost ten years Alabama has played Chattanooga more than Georgia who's supposed to be in the SEC. Maybe Georgia was moved out of the conference and no one told them.

Alabama has played and beat Georgia 3 times in the past 10 years.

Oddly enough, while you guys complain about only 2 of them being regular season, those games were both blow outs(and Alabama was the underdog in both). Meanwhile, the game you guys like to pretend doesn't count here came down to the last play of the game and Georgia was on the goal line to take the win and came up short. If Georgia had won, they would have went on to play Notre Dame that year, and probably would have won the National Championship.

Of course, in the world of butthurt and cherry picking, the best game doesn't matter or count because it doesn't support the narrative.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has played and beat Georgia 3 times in the past 10 years.

Oddly enough, while you guys complain about only 2 of them being regular season, those games were both blow outs(and Alabama was the underdog in both). Meanwhile, the game you guys like to pretend doesn't count here came down to the last play of the game and Georgia was on the goal line to take the win and came up short. If Georgia had won, they would have went on to play Notre Dame that year, and probably would have won the National Championship.

Of course, in the world of butthurt and cherry picking, the best game doesn't matter or count because it doesn't support the narrative.

So in ten years Alabama Georgia was scheduled twice. Two teams supposedly in the same conference. Thats what I said. Thanks for the confirmation.
Meanwhile in a conference where it's not win at all costs , Washington has played the two newest members (Colorado- Utah) 10 ( Im' including the two games this season) times in three less years. And they are both in the other division.
So again, did Georgia get moved out of the SEC and no one told them?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in ten years Alabama Georgia was scheduled twice. Two teams supposedly in the same conference. Thats what I said. Thanks for the confirmation.

:lol:

Thanks for proving my point.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for proving my point.

Your point is in the SEC you can play more Chattanooogas and Towsend and Southern Carolinas than schools in your actual conference? LOL.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is in the SEC you can play more Chattanooogas and Towsend and Southern Carolinas than schools in your actual conference? LOL.

02-Joe-Nailed-it.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. I predicted the obligatory, I can't really give an explanation so I'll put up a GIF. LOL. Good job but your very predictable.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these posts and still no reasonable explanation why in almost ten years Alabama has played Chattanooga more than Georgia ( only twice- dos- deux times) who's supposed to be in the SEC. Maybe Georgia was moved out of the conference and no one told them.

It's like Kryptonite. LOL

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these posts and still no reasonable explanation why in almost ten years Alabama has played Chattanooga more than Georgia ( only twice- dos- deux times) who's supposed to be in the SEC. Maybe Georgia was moved out of the conference and no one told them.

It's like Kryptonite. LOL

Kind of like having 12 teams in a so called "P5" conference and yet not having a legit non-shared title in 45 years between you.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Alabama for scheduling the way they do.
It works great for them. And they will continue doing it until it doesn't work out well.

However
Playing a team like UT Chattanooga more than a conference opponent in a 10 year span and defending it is borderline absurd.

It's like when Texas played Wyoming like it was some kind of rivalry over and over and over again.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works great for them. And they will continue doing it until it doesn't work out well.

However
Playing a team like UT Chattanooga more than a conference opponent in a 10 year span and defending it is borderline absurd.

It's like when Texas played Wyoming like it was some kind of rivalry over and over and over again.

No. It's absurd. lol
And how do you not play(schedule) a conference opponent more than twice in almost ten years(I think this year makes it ten)?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the defend it, instead of demand more from their school. But I guess if the suckers keep buying those tickets, why schedule a good game or a conference opponent. Best part is when Bama does schedule a good game, its usually a neutral site so the home fans still get screwed, haha.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However

What needs to be defended about it exactly?

Would it have made any difference if it was some other FCS team?

I mean hell, if the complaint is simply SEC rotation games, we all understand that. I'm in favor of getting rid of divisions completely, having 3 rival games you play every year and rotating the rest. You'll never go more than 2 years without playing another team.

But what the fuck do I care who the FCS team is and how frequent we play them? Because I seriously don't care at all. I've never even remotely considered caring about it. Easy win is easy win.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the defend it, instead of demand more from their school. But I guess if the suckers keep buying those tickets, why schedule a good game or a conference opponent. Best part is when Bama does schedule a good game, its usually a neutral site so the home fans still get screwed, haha.

We get to watch some pretty good games at the end of the year, but yeah, Alabama fans are the suckers.

It's fucking terrible yall, so many National Championships and playoff apperances but well that FCS game is way more important and the fans are suckers.

Do you guys read what you type?