• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we dont have injun fans in here having a parade in may as usual....what a pathetic franchise.....there park is always empty. Injuns should move to hawaii.....montreal......iraq.......anywhere but cleveland.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we dont have injun fans in here having a parade in may as usual....what a pathetic franchise.....there park is always empty. Injuns should move to hawaii.....montreal......iraq.......anywhere but cleveland.

Why you hating on Hawaii and Montreal? that is just mean...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ERIC EBRON!!!!! LIONs just got better.
Stafford now has 2 TE to throw to in the red zone. IF IF only Lions would draft a good DB!!!! one of these years we might get a DB worth a dam..we just might!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trustmeiamright... the poist you missed. mr hockey bragged how his Sharks would just crush every one and get a cup....I pointed out.(rightly) how they always go belly up when it counts...

then he stuck by his WILD...told us how good they were and how much they had DEART!...I just pointed out how they were getting bent over royalaly! sure wings are playing golf, those raw rookies and 2nd year player that load this red wing team showed HEART. half the team was hurt this season... they still fought hard to get in the play offs....which I believe..mr hockey said in March...they had no shot.....

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other words.. you cant tell every body... go ahead and tell every body IAM THE MAN IAM THE MAN IAM THE MANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE TEDDY BALL GAME!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trustmeiamright... the poist you missed. mr hockey bragged how his Sharks would just crush every one and get a cup....I pointed out.(rightly) how they always go belly up when it counts...

then he stuck by his WILD...told us how good they were and how much they had DEART!...I just pointed out how they were getting bent over royalaly! sure wings are playing golf, those raw rookies and 2nd year player that load this red wing team showed HEART. half the team was hurt this season... they still fought hard to get in the play offs....which I believe..mr hockey said in March...they had no shot.....

Put down the bottle.

Vikes with a great draft!!!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[youtube]Ll-lia-FEIY[/youtube]

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know he has ZERO right lol

14 is his over/under IMO

He has at least one. Yeah hes started slow power wise, so have alot of players. I just think hosmer is an extremely streaky hitter when it comes to power. I dont think 20-25 is a stretch.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but pitchers pitched 9 innings more back in those days.

Was a great convo on high heat today about todays baseball and too many pitchers in the BP. I think it was p gammons who said hed rather see the starters have to pitch longer no matter what...instead of bringing in lefty to face lefty and then bringing in the righty....giving the hitters chances to face the starters more. They were remembering games where teams would win 10-5 and the starters would stay out there still getting 6-7 innings.......their views stated all the pitching changes are what slows games down....managers going out stalling so someone can get warmed up..

I loved the old days of morris.....he would go 8-9 it seems all the time...not to mention closers who could pitch more than one inning...

And this tigers team would be better than the 84 team if they were able to have their five good starters pitch complete games. Its too bad. Hell, I say give the tigers a six man rotation, get rid of everyone in the pen except nathan and one lefty and have the starters pitch 8 innings.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
backing Hosmer is just being a homer

Lol im not a royals fan dude. Hosmer is a good 1b that will continue to improve. You of all people shouldnt be calling anyone a homer. Stafford would lead the broncos or patriots to the super bowl? Lol, what a joke.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Hosmer. His best season was his rookie year, when he hit 19 homeruns in 128 games. He helped my fantasy team win a title and I suckered myself into drafting him the next two years waiting to see that elite prospect everyone talked about.

My guess is -- he will do pretty much what he has the last couple years. Hit 15-20 homeruns and be a gap hitter. I just don't see him being a guy that is going to hit for much power.

You say 15-20, i say 20-25. That isnt too much of a difference. Unless your name is pujols, miggy, or trout it takes several years in the majors to develop completely. Hosmer is still very young with tons of potential. True, he may never pan out although I find that highly unlikely. Many players dont, but his numbers suggest he will. He clearly has the ability to hit for power and average.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has at least one. Yeah hes started slow power wise, so have alot of players. I just think hosmer is an extremely streaky hitter when it comes to power. I dont think 20-25 is a stretch.

Yup. It's not unheard of for players to start out with slow starts power-wise and end up with plenty of home runs. Cano hit 1 in April last year and finished with 33. Ortiz only hit one home run in April and May in 2009 and finished with 29. Pujols didn't homer until May 6 in 2012 and hit 30 that year.

I think Hosmer hits more than 14 and could see him hitting 20-25 (though maybe not this year), but I don't think he's going to be hitting 30+ unless he cuts down on the ground balls.

Of course, if Hosmer was a Tiger, Cleaves would probably be defending him.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It's not unheard of for players to start out with slow starts power-wise and end up with plenty of home runs. Cano hit 1 in April last year and finished with 33. Ortiz only hit one home run in April and May in 2009 and finished with 29.

I think Hosmer hits more than 14 and could see him hitting 20-25 (though maybe not this year), but I don't think he's going to be hitting 30+ unless he cuts down on the ground balls.

On the opposite end, stanton and belt arent going to hit 85 this year.

Abreu might tho, lol.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite end, stanton and belt arent going to hit 85 this year.

Abreu might tho, lol.

If anyone's going to hit 85 in a season, I'd think Stanton would have the best chance. Dude has ridiculous power.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone's going to hit 85 in a season, I'd think Stanton would have the best chance. Dude has ridiculous power.

dude. if I posted some thing like that...you guys would be howling!! hip to the crit?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry about my typos. keyboard is faded.. plus a few cigarette ashes on it to.....

Verlander starts off the series against the Twins... Twins counter with...(does it matter?)

the question now when the Tigers play a central team..is not if the will win the series.its will they SWEEP the series. I left a lot of room in October on my social calender

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude. if I posted some thing like that...you guys would be howling!! hip to the crit?

I never said he was. Or that anyone would, for that matter. 85 is a ridiculous number. But Stanton probably has a better shot at even coming remotely close to approaching that kind of number than anyone else in the league right now.