• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ McCarron

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I believe it is wrong to walk away from an agreement, I hope we do with Alex Smith and this trade, realizing a younger, cheaper, better fit is the way to walk away from KC that is best for the team. If any FO is unethical enough to do it, it would be our FO. The problem is our FO is too dumb to do it.

McCarron wins grievance, 'excited' to be UFA

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't proven anything though

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty Jr. maybe you are right but saying Smith has proved nothing is a joke. McCarron has proved nothing. I believe has 800 yards career passing and couldn't beat out Andy Dalton.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I believe it is wrong to walk away from an agreement, I hope we do with Alex Smith and this trade, realizing a younger, cheaper, better fit is the way to walk away from KC that is best for the team. If any FO is unethical enough to do it, it would be our FO. The problem is our FO is too dumb to do it.

McCarron wins grievance, 'excited' to be UFA

If he'd have played at Oregon State and not Alabama he would have been a UFA 4 years ago.

Reactions: GNG

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has also been beat out by Shaun Hill.

He was run out of town for CK and Pat Mahommes.

Every time he had a top ten run game and a top ten defense. KC has never had either.

Agree that he struggled early in his career. Clearly Kaep didn't work out and actually he got a concussion and was never given a chance to play again in San Fran. It is no secret that KC is saving money at the QB position while grooming a younger QB.

I am not telling you Smith is a better QB than Cousin's because I don't think he is. However I do think you are being overly harsh on him. Rumor has it that Gruden wanted him so we will see what he can do with him. Clearly he played much better under the coaching of Andy Reid. Can Gruden do the same? He will not have the weapons he had in KC unless the Redskins pull off some mighty good moves.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every time he had a top ten run game and a top ten defense. KC has never had either.

Huh?

Smith's 4 playoff appearances in KC...

2017: 28th in total defense
2016: 24th in total defense
2015: 7th in total defense
2013: 24th in total defense

He had a top ten defense once... and a bottom ten defense three times. In 2016, he also had the 15th ranked rushing offense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your saying alex smith is nothing. AJ couldnt beat out fricken Dalton

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aww, G. C'mon man. You're too good of a poster to roll like this. KC's defense sans 2015 was pretty shitty by quite a few metrics the other 3 years.

Reactions: GNG

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your saying alex smith is nothing. AJ couldnt beat out fricken Dalton

A bit disingenuous of a statement. The Bengals are heavily committed to Dalton financially and have been since Dalton arrived. There has never been a chance given to McCarron to "beat out" Dalton.

You cannot "win" a job if you were never given a chance to do so.

McCarron played very well during his stint as their starter in 2015, and won a playoff game vs Pittsburgh (something Dalton has never done) before his RB/defense had the worst collection of compounded mistakes I can remember (at least recently) in a post-season game. En route to a total meltdown in the final two minutes. lol

McCarron proved himself to be a very intriguing QB prospect during his stint in 2015 as Cincinnati's starter... that's pretty much the beginning and end of that conversation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s given the chance everyday. The best player plays. See the Seahawks with wilson

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Investing in a 5th rounder who has done nothing in 4 years to show he shouldn't have been a 5th rounder is a terrible idea.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option A) Mccarron whos younger albeit unproven and has been somewhat intriguing in spot starts would literally make $10 mill a year less annually then Cousins.... and most importantly we get to keep Fuller and our 3rd round pick.

vs

Option B) Alex Smith who is older then Mccarron AND Cousins and will probably make $5-6 mill a year less annually then Cousins. Proven to be an adequate, yet very unspectacular starter, and we gave up Fuller a 3rd round pick and have committed to 3-4 years with for mediocrity.

are people seriously debating this right now? Mccarron route makes about 10x more sense.

Trick question Option C is best. Not have the team ran by imbeciles and pay Cousins fair market value as opposed to alienating him at every turn

redskins fans are dumb

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option A) Mccarron whos younger albeit unproven and has been somewhat intriguing in spot starts would literally make $10 mill a year less annually then Cousins.... and most importantly we get to keep Fuller and our 3rd round pick.

vs

Option B) Alex Smith who is older then Mccarron AND Cousins and will probably make $5-6 mill a year less annually then Cousins. Proven to be an adequate, yet very unspectacular starter, and we gave up Fuller a 3rd round pick and have committed to 3-4 years with for mediocrity.

are people seriously debating this right now? Mccarron route makes about 10x more sense.

Trick question Option C is best. Not have the team ran by imbeciles and pay Cousins fair market value as opposed to alienating him at every turn

redskins fans are dumb

Those aren't the 2 options being debated. The trade already happened. It's about what to do next.

That said both signing McCarron and trading for smith are both stupid ideas.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't the 2 options being debated. The trade already happened. It's about what to do next.

That said both signing McCarron and trading for smith are both stupid ideas.

yep. signing mccarron a little bit less stupid though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. signing mccarron a little bit less stupid though.

Yeah. Because signing someone (maybe a little bit cheaper) who has done nothing in 5 years vs. a proven starter and stop gap makes sense. Mike Glennon/TJ Yates 2.0.

The way QB contracts are going these days it wouldn’t completely shock me if McCarron got a bigger contract than Smith.

We would be just as well off rolling with AS and developing some Me th chest few years.