• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

agholor talk

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously some have already made their mind up and hate him. Others are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. We have a first round investment in him. Personally, I have not given up on him just yet. This will be the first time he has had the same QB throwing to him. He recognizing his issues, and isn't making excuses but is actively working on it. I also think it's a fixable problem, as it was not an issue in college or the combine. I like that he recognizes the problem, and is actively doing things to work on it. TO use to say he did not have good hands, he simply had to work extra hard to compensate for that. Agholor will likely never be the type of stud you want out of a top WR investment - but I do think he can be a top #2 or slot guy if he gets the drops fixed. This will be a very telling season for him. HE has the same QB and a veteran WR to mentor under as well. A QB with a great work ethic that is has more accuracy than he has been use to. For me, it's a clean slate, short rope, and lets see what he got. But I enjoyed this article, and like his focus. So far, it's all good news coming out of OTA's. I'm sure every drop he has will be magnified by most. But EVERY player has a drop - I want to see how he responds AFTER a drop. I'm rooting for him.

What Agholors white board reveals about his mindset in 2017

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so too, that he plays like he did when he looked like a stud WR coming into the NFL, I liked him as our 1st round pick in 2015. Time's running out.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Agholor the best as well, but I must question your logic about "A QB with a great work ethic that is has more accuracy than he has been use to". He had Sam Bradford the year previously who completed a better percentage in 2015 than Wentz did in 2016. Wentz was 18th in the league last year in completion percentage and OBTW, Bradford led the league in that stat last year.

It is common though for receivers to take a couple of years to develop. It may finally just be the year that it all comes together for him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a lot of Agholor's issues are between the ears as opposed to physical abilities. If work ethic and attitude come around he can still end up a successful receiver; even if not the #1 type we were all hoping for when drafted.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of late bloomers in the league. If it all clicks for him mentally, his body can do the rest.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always felt he was better suited to the slot than outside receiver. That is where I see him playing for us, this year, and maybe at the expense of J Matt.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this year is the make or break year for Agholor. It takes time for recievers to develop up unlike other positions.

Some interesting charts and info:

WR_composite02_sm2.jpg

Wrs: Reaching the Peak (26-27 years old), Descending Gradually (28-34 years old), Jumping off of the Cliff (35-plus years old)

article for this information can be found at The Age of Decline - Wide Receivers | PFF

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this year is the make or break year for Agholor. It takes time for recievers to develop up unlike other positions.

Some interesting charts and info:

WR_composite02_sm2.jpg

Wrs: Reaching the Peak (26-27 years old), Descending Gradually (28-34 years old), Jumping off of the Cliff (35-plus years old)

article for this information can be found at The Age of Decline - Wide Receivers | PFF

I'd love to see those scatterplotted. I hate averages. But yeah, the point is there. WRs can have weak 1st years, worse 2nd years and then round into form beginning year 3. A lot of guys that don't though (which isn't really illustrated by the graph).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a lot of Agholor's issues are between the ears as opposed to physical abilities. If work ethic and attitude come around he can still end up a successful receiver; even if not the #1 type we were all hoping for when drafted.

Between the ears....that's the thing. Sometimes guys turn that around. But it's rarely with their first team. We have seen time and again guy work their way out of the league over mental blocks like this.

Maybe that's why so many seem haters....we are just girding up on what we have seen be the inevitable countless times.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reviving an old thread but found something interesting after reading into what fifth year options have been picked up so far. Of the 1st round WR taken in the 2015 draft, Agholor is probably 2nd best draft pick among receivers taken. 1) Amari Cooper 2) Agholor 3) Devante Parker...could make an argument here for 2 but production and playing time is on Agholor's side 4a) Breshad Perriman...43 receptions and 4 starts in career 4b)Phillip Dorsett...12 receptions, 194 yds and 0 TD last year 6) Kevin White...Ewww has played in 5 games in 3 years

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fought for Agholor hard after that second year when everyone was ready to get rid of him. You don't have hands as good as he does, and then suddenly get that bad. His issues were all mental. The difference between him and someone like Billy McMullen, who had the same issues, was work ethic. Agholor worked his butt off to overcome this. I will always come down on the side of someone with work ethic than just natural ability. I'm glad he turned the corner, and that investment we made in him paid off. I doubt that Reid would have adjusted either and put him in a better situation to succeed. Great team player and great character guy also. Notice even when he scores a TD, he is not a me-first player, and runs over to get someone else involved? Some of those same people were ready to throw Ertz away also because he missed a block. The guy didn't miss a single catchable ball last year, and is a stud. People really need to stop throwing some of our best people under the bus so fast. I hope agholor is an eagle for life.