• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Aggies vs Wildcats remember the this is NOT the Alamo Bowl

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we see why Aggie left the Big 12 for an easier conference.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Reynolds is going to make a lot of money on Sundays. If had even close to consistent QB play during his career he would probably own a bunch of A&M records.

Yeah, and over the season A&M would try to force the ball to Kirk or that waste of a scholarship Ricky Seals-Jones (wish he would have never decommitted from Texas).

Reynolds is fast and catches the ball. I would tell everyone "Throw the ball to Reynolds and good things happen".

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there's a meltdown time for bowl season........cause right now aggies on Texags are going IN on this team and Sumlin

Hell I was told my most of them that Chavis was the best DC on the planet.......how quickly the pitchforks have come out, LOL

They even going in on the recruiting class!

Yeah well, y'all told everyone that Manny Diaz couldn't coach a Pop Warner team. The same night that Chavis's defense looked like dogshit, Manny's looked pretty damn good against WVU.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Well, at least we suck in the best conference. If we were in the shitty big 12 we'd be the cha... errrr...."

-Aggie fans

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well, y'all told everyone that Manny Diaz couldn't coach a Pop Warner team. The same night that Chavis's defense looked like dogshit, Manny's looked pretty damn good against WVU.

I always said Manny got screwed. He and Akina went to war and the players lost. We has done a solid job everywhere else he has been.

As for Chavis, I am not sure his heart is into it like it once was.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and over the season A&M would try to force the ball to Kirk or that waste of a scholarship Ricky Seals-Jones (wish he would have never decommitted from Texas).

Reynolds is fast and catches the ball. I would tell everyone "Throw the ball to Reynolds and good things happen".

Good to see Reynolds doing so well, he's from my high school and we don't get too many top prospects coming out of there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always said Manny got screwed. He and Akina went to war and the players lost. We has done a solid job everywhere else he has been.

As for Chavis, I am not sure his heart is into it like it once was.

1 - something we tried to tell aggys on this board - Chavis is NOT a recruiter. It's easy to coach at LSU with NO instate competition for the top recruits that all want to be there. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I'm saying it's easy to look good with a plurality of talent. A&M doesn't have that talent and if you actually examine their recruiting classes they aren't pulling in talent on defense. They're loading up on lower ranked guys that will immediately say yes, as opposed to going after top ranked guys that might say no.

Manny could get his guys to TACKLE......and they were out of position frequently. He couldn't teach his system to our players. That's on him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - something we tried to tell aggys on this board - Chavis is NOT a recruiter. It's easy to coach at LSU with NO instate competition for the top recruits that all want to be there. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I'm saying it's easy to look good with a plurality of talent. A&M doesn't have that talent and if you actually examine their recruiting classes they aren't pulling in talent on defense. They're loading up on lower ranked guys that will immediately say yes, as opposed to going after top ranked guys that might say no.

Manny could get his guys to TACKLE......and they were out of position frequently. He couldn't teach his system to our players. That's on him.

I was told that things were frosty between Manny and Akina. Manny was a young hot shot zone guy. Akina was an old proven man guy. So the stories always made sense to me. Sometimes poor results are due to poor coaching chemistry

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told that things were frosty between Manny and Akina. Manny was a young hot shot zone guy. Akina was an old proven man guy. So the stories always made sense to me. Sometimes poor results are due to poor coaching chemistry

Perhaps, but that doesn't explain why we couldn't ever stop the run when NOBODY was ever in the A gap. That BYU game was atrocious......not once did we spy a running QB or even slow him down. We're talking basic concepts here.

Manny I hope learned from that experience, but he was CLEARLY not very good at Texas. The defense improved dramatically when he was relieved of his duties.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree with this article. I don't think aggy was exposed, because nobody in their right minds thought they were supposed to be greater than what they are. I think their fanbase is just now figuring out what the rest of us have known for most of their existence......as harsh as that sounds, these results have and were wholly predictable.

Our beloved Aggies exposed as frauds

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this one coming....I thought AtM would take this one. Figured WVU would win and KSU would get the loss.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree with this article. I don't think aggy was exposed, because nobody in their right minds thought they were supposed to be greater than what they are. I think their fanbase is just now figuring out what the rest of us have known for most of their existence......as harsh as that sounds, these results have and were wholly predictable.

Sumlin had a chance. It is like watching Mack Brown's career on fast forward. Come in hit lightening in a bottle with Heisman candidate. Rivals having issues. Recruiting goes nuts. And the fall. Now Texas needs to take advantage next year with solid on field results, because I don't see Sumlin coaching in 2018

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was A&M's year. SEC is down, and A&M was stacked.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we see why Aggie left the Big 12 for an easier conference.
Oh snap!!! Shots fired!!
funny-gif-cop-shooting-gun.gif

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like nobody in their right minds thought Texas would win 8-9 games this year and other teams would be scared to play them........

I still think, win or lose, this Texas team wins 8 or 9 games this year. The improvement is obvious and it's all freshmen and sophmores. As these guys get experience NOBODY is going to want to deal with them

This was supposed to be a down year for A&M. New QB, no real experience at RB, continuing questions/issues on defense were reasons A&M was predicted to finish 6th or 7th in the SEC west. A&M had early season success and after beating Arkansas handily and getting by the Vols, we thought those preseason questions were answered. We were wrong and the team went to shit during the 3rd quarter of the Bama game.

If you would have told me in August the Ags would finish 8-5, I would have taken it. However, when they started 6-0 then go 0-for-Mississippi, don't even show up for LSU, look like they did last night in the bowl game, and finish 2-5 it's a huge disappointment.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think Manny Diaz is a subpar DC. I guess when you face the , #70 (GT), #77 (NCST), #81 (FAU), #115 (UVA) & #111 (Duke) scoring offenses in the country, you can field a good defense. Even Charlie Strong could field a top 25 defense facing those types of offenses.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Manny Diaz is a subpar DC. I guess when you face the , #70 (GT), #77 (NCST), #81 (FAU), #115 (UVA) & #111 (Duke) scoring offenses in the country, you can field a good defense. Even Charlie Strong could field a top 25 defense facing those types of offenses.

Well, they just held WVU (#18 in total yards/game at 486) to 273 total yards and 14 points (17 below WVU's average). That defense also held FSU to 407 yards (70 yards below average) and 20 points (15 below average).