• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aftermath

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi of NBCBS was talking about Butler last night. Giardi is close to a lot of the guys on the team and has covered them for local TV for a long time. He got a bit riled up when a another commentator tried to lay the entire blame on Belichick.

Giardi said that Butler started being a pain in the ass after he made the interception that shut down the Seahawks in 2014. He calmed down a bit in 2015 when things went sour and the team's season ended in Denver. Last year he has decent year and made the second team Pro-Bowl and his ego started to get a bit out of control. Belichek tried to explain to him that his time would come but that he had a rookie contract and BB was not going to extend it or rewrite it. Giardi said that's when Butler became a Royal Pain in the Ass. Nothing was ever made public, but Giardi said that he refused to do things that coaching staff asked him to do and did stuff in games that really pissed off Patricia and BB. BUT...they never said anything publicly or tried to make him look bad. "HE" admitted that could have played better but didn't put in the effort that he had previously.

People forget that BB gave him a chance as an undrafted free agent. Brought him to camp and the coaching staff worked with him and helped him elevate his game.

Now he's a free agent and IF he hadn't been a miserable asshole about a contract that he signed and knew how it worked, might be in line for a really good, maybe not great contract with the Patriots. He's the one who graduated from college at 25 years old and had to sign a standard NFL Rookie Contract that kept him under wraps until he was 29.

I'm sick of hearing about Malcolm Butler. I hope he gets a decent contract and does well, as long as it isn't against the Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi of NBCBS was talking about Butler last night. Giardi is close to a lot of the guys on the team and has covered them for local TV for a long time. He got a bit riled up when a another commentator tried to lay the entire blame on Belichick.

Giardi said that Butler started being a pain in the ass after he made the interception that shut down the Seahawks in 2014. He calmed down a bit in 2015 when things went sour and the team's season ended in Denver. Last year he has decent year and made the second team Pro-Bowl and his ego started to get a bit out of control. Belichek tried to explain to him that his time would come but that he had a rookie contract and BB was not going to extend it or rewrite it. Giardi said that's when Butler became a Royal Pain in the Ass. Nothing was ever made public, but Giardi said that he refused to do things that coaching staff asked him to do and did stuff in games that really pissed off Patricia and BB. BUT...they never said anything publicly or tried to make him look bad. "HE" admitted that could have played better but didn't put in the effort that he had previously.

People forget that BB gave him a chance as an undrafted free agent. Brought him to camp and the coaching staff worked with him and helped him elevate his game.

Now he's a free agent and IF he hadn't been a miserable asshole about a contract that he signed and knew how it worked, might be in line for a really good, maybe not great contract with the Patriots. He's the one who graduated from college at 25 years old and had to sign a standard NFL Rookie Contract that kept him under wraps until he was 29.

I'm sick of hearing about Malcolm Butler. I hope he gets a decent contract and does well, as long as it isn't against the Patriots.

If this is actually true then why let him start the entire season and first couple of playoff games? Why decide to bench him when they finally make it to the biggest game of the year? Why when you know all you have to do is get through one more game with him being a pain do you decide to make such a decision? To me you can't try to be the good guy by staying quiet about everything he is doing then put him center stage like that with being benched. That to me is about as big of a jerk move as you can do. I'm sorry but I don't believe this to have been the case. You don't put up with a pain player all year long then bench him in the biggest game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is actually true then why let him start the entire season and first couple of playoff games? Why decide to bench him when they finally make it to the biggest game of the year? Why when you know all you have to do is get through one more game with him being a pain do you decide to make such a decision? To me you can't try to be the good guy by staying quiet about everything he is doing then put him center stage like that with being benched. That to me is about as big of a jerk move as you can do. I'm sorry but I don't believe this to have been the case. You don't put up with a pain player all year long then bench him in the biggest game.
My opinion fails between these two: BK I agree 100% but why not use your best resources to WIN such an important game. cd: It may well be true, but the question remaining is "why cut off your nose to spite your face".

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See none of this makes sense. I have been seeing reports that BB talked to the Def Captains and told them that MB role would not be as prominent as it was. So apparently BB was looking to make a move, and that's fine. BUT...how do you start 97% of the plays and then get none? I can see if the defense was rolling and getting stops, but they weren't. They were getting stomped. So why would you not put in one of your best, if not the best, open field tacklers when your defense is missing tackles?? The Def knew he would have a lesser role, but the not starting or playing took them all by surprise...

I just don't get why you wouldn't go to him when you are struggling, to see what can happen. Because MB was benched, we were forced to play 2 guys who are ST guys (Badmossi and Richards) instead of having Butler, Rowe and Gillmore. I didn't realize the injury to John Jones was going to rear it's ugly head in the SB....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not for nothing..Rowe rebounded pretty well....

Wise not a lot of time either..

I thought this was pretty interesting...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I don't give a rat's shut if anyone agrees or disagrees with what other people have said. I watch the programs and have never said once, that it was an un-named source or any BS. I always tell this board who said it, on what show. If you don't believe what I write, good, go check out where and who said it. But don't blow smoke up my ass as if I stated it.

When I state anything that's my opinion, I preface it with something like, "In my opinion", "I personally think". I don't plagarize or write something as if it was my own.

Fuck it.................do your own research, I'll just STFU.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I don't give a rat's shut if anyone agrees or disagrees with what other people have said. I watch the programs and have never said once, that it was an un-named source or any BS. I always tell this board who said it, on what show. If you don't believe what I write, good, go check out where and who said it. But don't blow smoke up my ass as if I stated it.

When I state anything that's my opinion, I preface it with something like, "In my opinion", "I personally think". I don't plagarize or write something as if it was my own.

You're good.

Fuck'em.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen you take everything anybody ever says in disagreement with anything you post as personal attack towards you. I disagreed with the reporter. I didn't take it as you saying that. I just said that it seemed like a very stupid way of handling things if that is actually how it went down and with BB not being stupid I have to think there was something more going on. You've done this with things I've posted in the past which is why I come and go sometimes when it comes to the Patriots board because you take a lot very personal. I appreciate what you post, but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree with everything especially being an outsider and having a bit more of an objective opinion into the matter. I'm sure some of the stuff you post you don't even agree with.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It sucks when people don’t believe what you write or think you’re a liar.......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if anybody has heard what condition Chung or Cooks were in. I have not heard or read anything regarding their concussions and if there were any lingering effects.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if anybody has heard what condition Chung or Cooks were in. I have not heard or read anything regarding their concussions and if there were any lingering effects.

I haven't heard on Chung but sounds like Cooks is doing pretty good. They are working on a long-term deal and I doubt they start that without thinking he will be fine long-term after the concussion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
urious if anybody has heard what condition Chung or Cooks were in. I have not heard or read anything regarding their concussions and if there were any lingering effects.

Won't see anything until the OTAs begin. If they were diagnosed with a concussion, they have to follow the NFL protocol until they are medically cleared. It's in their best interest both health wise and team participation wise to continuously stay within the league parameters and be cleared before the draft.

Last thing I can imagine that anyone of them would want to have happen is to show up for OTAs and be denied any practice. Being three months beyond and not be able to get cleared would really be a problem.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't see anything until the OTAs begin. If they were diagnosed with a concussion, they have to follow the NFL protocol until they are medically cleared. It's in their best interest both health wise and team participation wise to continuously stay within the league parameters and be cleared before the draft.

Last thing I can imagine that anyone of them would want to have happen is to show up for OTAs and be denied any practice. Being three months beyond and not be able to get cleared would really be a problem.

Yeah, copy that.
Of course with no games, there is not an injury report.
I didn't know if either had been cleared from concussion protocol, or if they even announce it if there isn't an upcoming game.

Sometimes it's a few days...sometimes it's a lifetime before concussion symptoms go away.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about any of you, but I've had enough of Malcolm Butler. Now he's giving interviews saying he thought about confronting Belichick or Patricia on the sideline to "find out" what was going on. Then he says the Patriots would have won if he'd been in the game.

Malcolm, you were crying during the National Anthem, you knew what was going on. You did something so friggin' bad that Belichick told you he'd had enough and you were done.

Stop the BS, you got your payday, move on and STFU.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and you'll fall down a flight of stairs ..................geezzuzzz.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about any of you, but I've had enough of Malcolm Butler. Now he's giving interviews saying he thought about confronting Belichick or Patricia on the sideline to "find out" what was going on. Then he says the Patriots would have won if he'd been in the game.

Malcolm, you were crying during the National Anthem, you knew what was going on. You did something so friggin' bad that Belichick told you he'd had enough and you were done.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and you'll fall down a flight of stairs ..................geezzuzzz.
Maybe they would have won if he had played.
Maybe they would not have been in the game come 4th quarter.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he'd STFU about it if everyone would stop asking him (and BB and RKK and Patricia and his ex-teammates and...) about why he didn't play.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he'd STFU about it if everyone would stop asking him (and BB and RKK and Patricia and his ex-teammates and...) about why he didn't play.

Like that's going to happen.

Baseball has started. Maybe they'll focus on that?
Maybe they'll focus on J low and Arod playing house?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:thumb:
Minus the falling down the stairs piece

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they would have won if he had played.
Maybe they would not have been in the game come 4th quarter.
Maybe they would have on if that touchdown at the back of the end zone had been called by 2017 standards...

Maybe maybe maybe or maybe not.