• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After Thoughts

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Series .... Torture torture torture .... as expected

Thoughts:

Cuerto - interesting effect overall. Reds win games 1 and 2 no matter who pitches. We win game 3 no matter who pitches. I think the Cuerto effect is seen in games 4 and 5. I think we see Bailey for game 4 (Latos pitches 3) and Cuerto again for game 5.

Star of the series - I have to go with Brandon Phillips over all. Just a royal pain in the ass for us. Seemed to be in the middle of everything that went bad for us.
My SF pick would have to be Vogs and the FYWW crew in game 3. If they can't keep the Reds from scoring I wouldn't be writing this post! Immense pressure with no wiggle room at all. With only 1 hit througfh 9 innings any mistake was the end of our season .....

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup all about The Committee

But also...

-They are a GREAT road team. This bodes well for us continuing on.
-the Offense particularly, Scoot, Pence, Belt, Pagan and even Posey need to pick it up - Posey was money when it counted but overall he was MIA at the plate for the most part.
-Does Timmay replace Zito in the rotation?
-The rotation overall needs to step it up, we need to get more than 1 quality start in the next series.
-Belt struggled badly, if he starts off the next series like he hit in this one, we should shift to the Sanchez lineup.
-Arias is clutch.
-The Committee is Clutch
-Torture is back.
-Whew that was awesome.

Those are pretty much my thoughts. What a series.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Lincecum work from the pen again. He's a beast out of the pen.

His stats don't show it, but Belt had some great at-bats. I think we have to stick with him. Also, don't forget about his defense.

The Giants are so clutch. This is 4 postseason series victories in a row now.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Lincecum work from the pen again. He's a beast out of the pen.

His stats don't show it, but Belt had some great at-bats. I think we have to stick with him. Also, don't forget about his defense.

The Giants are so clutch. This is 4 postseason series victories in a row now.

I hear ya about Timmy... And about Belt, I hear ya there too, but you can't wait too long for some offensive production from the 6 spot, and Sanchez deserves to play... That being said if the rotation rounds back into form there's no need to take him out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I cannot go along with with much Belt-Bashing after this series. He was so snake-bit, it was simply amazing. He had at least 4 balls that he absolutely smoked that were either right at a defender (double snagged by Votto) or a freakish play (Ludwick dive and Phillips snag) was made to rob him of a sure hit. Add to this defense (the "beer" catch), and he belongs out there at almost all costs.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I cannot go along with with much Belt-Bashing after this series. He was so snake-bit, it was simply amazing. He had at least 4 balls that he absolutely smoked that were either right at a defender (double snagged by Votto) or a freakish play (Ludwick dive and Phillips snag) was made to rob him of a sure hit. Add to this defense (the "beer" catch), and he belongs out there at almost all costs.

Agreed. Smacked the crap out of the ball and was working walks when the team was fpoming their way to getting no hit.

Belt played with poise and I want him out there as the 1B

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

...and lets not forget getting called out on pitches that were not close to strikes in three or four AB.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating on Belt by any means... Although 1/13 with 7 strikeouts will get you pinch hit for in some places... I think Sanchez rose to the occasion however, and Belt (although he smoked the ball a couple times) didn't get it done bad calls/luck or not.

I head into the NLCS with Belt at 1B but if he's 1-8 after Game 2 and we're struggling for offense I think you've got to make the switch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hating on Belt by any means... Although 1/13 with 7 strikeouts will get you pinch hit for in some places... I think Sanchez rose to the occasion however, and Belt (although he smoked the ball a couple times) didn't get it done bad calls/luck or not.

I head into the NLCS with Belt at 1B but if he's 1-8 after Game 2 and we're struggling for offense I think you've got to make the switch.

Let's extrapolate to the extreme....

Player A hits the ball over the fence 4 times, but Ken Griffey Jr is playing in the OF and pulls all of them back, so he goes 0-4.

Player B throws his bat at the ball 4 times but the 3B makes an error on one, the 2B collides with the RF on another, the other goes through the 3.5 hole because a man is on, and one is hit so slow the 3B watches it as it going foul, but it hits a pebble and stays in bounds. He ends the day 3-4.

Who would you want to give a start to the next day?

Results are nice, but you have no control over results. You can only put yourself in a position to get the best results over a long time period.

Player A does that more than Payer B.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

He has earned a start but that's it in a short 7 game series.

I hope he keeps the same approach, he's bound to get those hits to fall