• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After the first two rounds in the draft ...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe......, who knows. 1 year of somewhat success and Petersen is entrenched at WashU right?
I doubt Petersen moves on and ya he's going to have his lean years ... like the year after this one if he doesn't recruit some DT's and even then it might not be enough for the 2018 season.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Petersen moves on and ya he's going to have his lean years ... like the year after this one if he doesn't recruit some DT's and even then it might not be enough for the 2018 season.

Well now, that is a reasonable and decent response.

I always root for the muts. I have newfound reasons to do as much.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait
The Big XII and Bowl Games last year.......
1. Put the smack down on the second best team the PAC had.
2. Put the smack down on the second best team the SEC had.
3. And sent a team that didn't even win their conference to the playoffs because they beat Oklahoma.

All without NFL talent

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait
3. And sent a team that didn't even win their conference to the playoffs because they beat Oklahoma.

All without NFL talent

Second best PAC team last year was Washington.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big12 is just a glorified mid-major these days with OU + some other team playing the Utah/BYU role in the old MWC.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has more players drafted than the entire Big 12 conference combined. lulz

Petersen_WashingtonaCROP.jpg
You need a better measuring stick than the Big 12 AG. Outside Mixon and Mahomes, I didn't see any Big 12 player last year that was very good whatsoever. And Mahomes ain't ready right now either.

But, Texas high schools still killing it. Garrett (Arlington), Thomas (Coppell), Adams (Carrolton) and Mahomes (Whitehouse) all went real early...but only one played in the Big 12. Shows you how shitty the Big 12 recruiting's been lately. And DFW was ahead of the Houston area for a good while...but Houston is coming back. Arlington, Coppel and Carrolton ain't but 20-25 miles apart.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait

All without NFL talent

That all sounds gayer than Baker Mayfield.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a better measuring stick than the Big 12 AG. Outside Mixon and Mahomes, I didn't see any Big 12 player last year that was very good whatsoever. And Mahomes ain't ready right now either.

But, Texas high schools still killing it. Garrett (Arlington), Thomas (Coppell), Adams (Carrolton) and Mahomes (Whitehouse) all went real early...but only one played in the Big 12. Shows you how shitty the Big 12 recruiting's been lately. And DFW was ahead of the Houston area for a good while...but Houston is coming back. Arlington, Coppel and Carrolton ain't but 20-25 miles apart.

I've heard, might be true don't know, is that some of the problem with Texas High School football is that they have all gone to this spread offense, so that has changed, and so has the defenses that go up against that.

Not sure that is the best direction for them, but it all goes in cycles.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard, might be true don't know, is that some of the problem with Texas High School football is that they have all gone to this spread offense, so that has changed, and so has the defenses that go up against that.

Not sure that is the best direction for them, but it all goes in cycles.
No doubt the vast majority of Texas high school offensive/defensive philosophies have changed. That said, the Texas high school defenses must not be too bad. The first, third and sixth picks in this year's draft (Miles Garrett, Solomon Thomas and Jamal Adams) all came out of Texas high school defenses/programs.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Conner was a great pick by the steelers. They aren't just getting a hometown kid or a great running back. Kids a leader and plays with heart. Conner didnt just beat cancer he came out running just as hard

Also like Juju going to Pittsburgh shades of Lynn Swann

Gonna root for James Connor for the rest of my being. An inspirational man of few words and all action. That is a MAN that draws me in.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dude
You should have found your QB sooner in the season.
Shit happens

Still doesn't change the fact that USC was the best team and Colorado was probably 4th behind Washington and Stanford. There's a difference between having the best overall record at the end of the season and being a better team. If USC started with Washingtons first three games. Head to head USC beat Washington and Colorado.Penn St won the B10 but not everyone would say they were the best team in that conference.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't change the fact that USC was the best team and Colorado was probably 4th behind Washington and Stanford. There's a difference between having the best overall record at the end of the season and being a better team. If USC started with Washingtons first three games. Head to head USC beat Washington and Colorado.Penn St won the B10 but not everyone would say they were the best team in that conference.

You gonna have to cry that river somewhere else.