• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Wildcard Weekend

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January football is officially here. Of course the Steelers are off this week as the #2 seed and will face the high remaining seed next Sat at 8:15

SAT.

Titans (5) @ Chiefs (4)...4:20 ESPN...The line I saw was KC -9...this line might hold up. If KC can hold up against the running attack of TN I think they will cover the line. If TN can get 140-150+ on the ground, shorten the game it might be closer, but I don't see a winning outcome for TN at all.

SUN.

Bills (6) @ Jags (3)...1:05 CBS...The line was JAX -9 here as well. So Vegas is clearly trying to trump up money on the visitors...Shady's injury is probably some cause for the line. I think JAX will win, but I see this being a much closer game. The Bills DEF will cause the Jags enough trouble to keep this game fairly low scoring...maybe 3 to 6 pt margin.

If it does play out like the odds makers think, PIT will host the Jags and NE will host KC next week.

KC...Tomlin has had great success vs KC with Ben playing. Bell is a tough weapon for them to stop...the Steeler front 7 has played well vs the Chiefs...I think the Steelers would be favored by 5 or so in this one and I like their chances to beat KC again.

JAX...of course the blowout loss earlier this season would be fresh on the Steelers...because of that outcome earlier, there seems to be more concern about JAX outside of Steeler Nation...maybe inside too idk. You have to respect their young talent on DEF, but the Steelers are playing a lot better...it would be a tough game but as long as Haley brings a varied game plan, I like PIT to move on vs JAX as well.

In the meantime...we can kick back and watch the games this weekend...and relax!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty pumped for this playoff field. It's nice to see some different teams in there. Both these games this week should be good. Not sure what I'm rooting for in regards to the Steelers. I'd probably take the Chiefs or Titans if I could pick. Titans would require road team upsets in both games.

But... which of these teams do you think has the best shot to beat the Patriots? KC has done it before. Can they do it again? Bills as a division rival anything can happen in those games it seems. Probably best case for us is KC gets another crack at them. But that sends Jax to our house. Is that a revenge game for the Steelers or another thrashing?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty pumped for this playoff field. It's nice to see some different teams in there. Both these games this week should be good. Not sure what I'm rooting for in regards to the Steelers. I'd probably take the Chiefs or Titans if I could pick. Titans would require road team upsets in both games.

But... which of these teams do you think has the best shot to beat the Patriots? KC has done it before. Can they do it again? Bills as a division rival anything can happen in those games it seems. Probably best case for us is KC gets another crack at them. But that sends Jax to our house. Is that a revenge game for the Steelers or another thrashing?

The potential opponent for PIT...IDK to be honest...I'd like to say KC and JAX win but I'm not all in on JAX beating BUF.

Either way, I feel pretty good about winning the DIV rd game the way the team is playing right now. I would almost rather JAX...they're not playing their best football as of late, and the revenge factor for all the "Ben is done", "this was too easy" talk I'm sure is still on the minds of the vets.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potential opponent for PIT...IDK to be honest...I'd like to say KC and JAX win but I'm not all in on JAX beating BUF.

Either way, I feel pretty good about winning the DIV rd game the way the team is playing right now. I would almost rather JAX...they're not playing their best football as of late, and the revenge factor for all the "Ben is done", "this was too easy" talk I'm sure is still on the minds of the vets.
Yeah, I'm probably with you on Jax. Give KC another shot at the Patriots and Pittsburgh another shot at the Jagoffs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote would be for Jacksonville to come into Pittsburgh again. There's just no way that the Steelers lose that game again. Plus, playoff football is a whole different animal where experience plays a major factor. With how young Jacksonville is they may not be ready for it. And as ATL pointed out, a win over Buffalo will not come easy for them. Bortles is playing like garbage again (2:5 TD/INT ratio over the last couple games), and their defense is getting torched for big plays. Buffalo has the defense to keep that game close, but their offense is the question mark. The Chiefs have a lot of experience against the Steelers and likely know how to better gameplan against them. The average margin of victory for the Steelers over their last 2 meetings was 4 measly points. I don't find any comfort in playing KC, as opposed to a flukey performance against the Jags.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee vs. Kansas City

I don't see the Titans beating the Chiefs. Chiefs lost 6 out of 7 but have won the last 4 and they are the 6th offense in the league. Titans limped into the playoffs and out of their 7 losses, only 2 of their losses were against teams with winning records. Steelers and Rams. Their other losses? Raiders, Texans, Dolphins, 49ers, Cardinals. Combined record of those teams is 30-50. I can't see how Tennessee wins this game. I don't think it's gonna be a blowout, but maybe a 2 TD win.

Chiefs 24 Titans 10

Buffalo vs. Jacksonville

This is a trap game for Jacksonville. For all intents and purposes, we should see a blowout in Jacksonville this weekend. I'm talking 40-9, 43-7, something along those lines. LeSean McCoy isn't gonna be 100% either. Jacksonville has the 2nd ranked defense in the league, 5th ranked offense, best running game in the league, #1 against the pass and, interesting stat, #1 in total average drive stats. What does that entail? The Jacksonville defense has allowed the lowest average time of possession, lowest amount of plays per drive, lowest amount of yards per drive and lowest amount of points per drive. Since the Bye week, Jacksonville is 6-3 and the thing that worries me about Jacksonville is who they've lost to this year. They've played like the Steelers against below average teams. They've lost to the Rams, Titans twice, Cardinals, Jets and 49ers. The Bills, much like the Titans, lucked out to get in the playoffs but they do have an edge in their pass defense. They've allowed the 2nd fewest passing TDs in the league. But they are 29th against the run. Like I said, we should see a blowout in Jacksonville but I don't think we will. I see Jacksonville winning this game but it's closer than it should be.

Jaguars 34 Bills 24

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers get Jacksonville or Tennessee.

Titans played their asses off today and the Chiefs do what the Chiefs do.............choke.

Looking fowrard to Bills/Jags tomorrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers get Jacksonville or Tennessee.

Titans played their asses off today and the Chiefs do what the Chiefs do.............choke.

Looking fowrard to Bills/Jags tomorrow.

Football and golf have something in common.

When your flaws cause you to hit a wall, you don't get any better until those flaw are fixed...KC couldn't stop Bell in the playoff game last year. They couldn't stop Henry last night.

It works in the AFCW because no one pounds the ball, but KC has to fix the run defense.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TENvKC... Should have seen it coming given Andy Reid's history in the postseason, but damn that still shocked me to see the Chiefs lose to the hapless Titans. Credit still given to the Titans though since they figured out a way to exploit their weaknesses. Still something to be said about all the piss poor officiating that was on display. I'd be irate if I was a KC fan. Still don't think they would have made it very far with how exploitable their run defense was. And how the hell did Reid not use Kareem Hunt more often? Made zero sense.

ATLvLAR... While we're on the "surprising upsets" subject... How bout them Falcons? Don't think I ever saw that coming. Rams had been playing so well for so long that it seemed almost inconceivable for them to lose to the Falcons. I thought it would be a close game with the Falcons scrapping from behind. What a disappointing end for the Rams. But they are still very young and should be right back at the top next season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TENvKC... Should have seen it coming given Andy Reid's history in the postseason, but damn that still shocked me to see the Chiefs lose to the hapless Titans. Credit still given to the Titans though since they figured out a way to exploit their weaknesses. Still something to be said about all the piss poor officiating that was on display. I'd be irate if I was a KC fan. Still don't think they would have made it very far with how exploitable their run defense was. And how the hell did Reid not use Kareem Hunt more often? Made zero sense.

ATLvLAR... While we're on the "surprising upsets" subject... How bout them Falcons? Don't think I ever saw that coming. Rams had been playing so well for so long that it seemed almost inconceivable for them to lose to the Falcons. I thought it would be a close game with the Falcons scrapping from behind. What a disappointing end for the Rams. But they are still very young and should be right back at the top next season.

TN @ KC...yeah the refs sucked large, but just too many things the Chiefs had control over to complain...21-3, halftime lead and you lose 22-21? Gotta finish. They took Hunt with a 3rd pick and he showed a lot more than they expected...kid was a pro bowl talent...got 11 carries yesterday...that's Andy Reid football.

ATL @ LAR...I picked this one. The ATL DEF is a lot better than people give them credit for...kind of like the Steelers DEF...they took a step towards being a championship unit this season. Rams, great season and 1st time in the dance in a while...Gurley was their main weapon, Woods had a killer game, add another pc on OFC and upgrade CB and they will be back.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN @ KC...yeah the refs sucked large, but just too many things the Chiefs had control over to complain...21-3, halftime lead and you lose 22-21? Gotta finish. They took Hunt with a 3rd pick and he showed a lot more than they expected...kid was a pro bowl talent...got 11 carries yesterday...that's Andy Reid football.

ATL @ LAR...I picked this one. The ATL DEF is a lot better than people give them credit for...kind of like the Steelers DEF...they took a step towards being a championship unit this season. Rams, great season and 1st time in the dance in a while...Gurley was their main weapon, Woods had a killer game, add another pc on OFC and upgrade CB and they will be back.
Good call on ATL. ATL has pretty much sealed their trip to the NFCCG. Philly doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on ATL. ATL has pretty much sealed their trip to the NFCCG. Philly doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

PHI will be a tougher out...w/o Wentz I don't think they will get enough from Foles so you could be right, but this will be a weather game and dome teams don't often play well...close but ATL should win I think.

Looks like it will take a DEF play for BUF to win...JAX 2.0 might be on the horizon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHI will be a tougher out...w/o Wentz I don't think they will get enough from Foles so you could be right, but this will be a weather game and dome teams don't often play well...close but ATL should win I think.

Looks like it will take a DEF play for BUF to win...JAX 2.0 might be on the horizon.
PHI would need a miracle type game from Foles. He proved capable of such during his 1st game replacing Wentz, but has been incredibly bad ever since.

BUF is keeping this game interesting like we predicted. They are desperate for signs of life on offense though. Taylor & McCoy need to provide a spark or they're done for.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben gets his wish... BRING ON THE JAGS!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive gameplan seems very simple. Stop Fournette & force Bortles to throw.

Steelers are going to have to sell out to stop the run which will put their CBs on an island. I think Burns & Haden are more than capable of holding up.