• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Roundup

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers will still be a pill to play for anyone in the AFC west.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem to get better as time goes on. They also lose A LOT of close games.

I feel like the Charger are a team that can beat anyone and they can well..... also lose to anyone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely to beat the Chiefs and Raiders than the Broncos just due to the Chargers passing attack.

Chargers seem like a spoiler but they could certainly go on a run if they ever stop being so bad in close games. Melvin Gordon still seems like someone that needs to get going for them. AFC West all of a sudden has a bunch of rushing attacks and the Chargers dont.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't any team in our division anyone would want to play. If we don't kill each other first, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of us make the playoffs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely to beat the Chiefs and Raiders than the Broncos just due to the Chargers passing attack.

Chargers seem like a spoiler but they could certainly go on a run if they ever stop being so bad in close games. Melvin Gordon still seems like someone that needs to get going for them. AFC West all of a sudden has a bunch of rushing attacks and the Chargers dont.

It would not surprise me at all if a Chargers win over the Raiders in week 17 is what keeps the Raiders out of the playoffs.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the season, I was lulled into the trap that we were going to have to get lucky to just stay behind the vaunted Raiders and Chiefs. Although it's only been two games, there is absolutely no reason that the Broncos can't win the AFC West. Brutal division though. It's early and we'll see but my optimism growith.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, growith is a word in my book. Grow-ith. I'm so Shakespearean.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer for kalif Raymond who muffed a punt late in the first half for NYJ only down by 4 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half which turned into 11

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest paid QB in the league and lowest paid QB in the league lead the NFL with 6 TDs
If trevor continues, he's going to be the hottest free agent QB but Denver does have 2 great offensive minds in McCoy and Muss. He may never live down his draft status unti he wins playoff games

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders fans have absolutely no respect for the Broncos. While the writer of this article acknowledges the Broncos have looked impressive, the fans in the comments clearly think we're the 2016 Broncos 2.0. We don't get the Raiders until next week but this is the kind of thing that will make that showdown even more fun!

2017 is already shaping up to be another wild AFC West

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders fans have absolutely no respect for the Broncos. While the writer of this article acknowledges the Broncos have looked impressive, the fans in the comments clearly think we're the 2016 Broncos 2.0. We don't get the Raiders until next week but this is the kind of thing that will make that showdown even more fun!

2017 is already shaping up to be another wild AFC West

This is how Raiders fans react to even the smallest hint of success. Heck I've had Raider fans coming off 3-13 type seasons telling me they did enough to become Super Bowl contenders during that offseason. They just can't wrap their heads around the idea that any team could ever beat the Raiders.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how Raiders fans react to even the smallest hint of success. Heck I've had Raider fans coming off 3-13 type seasons telling me they did enough to become Super Bowl contenders during that offseason. They just can't wrap their heads around the idea that any team could ever beat the Raiders.

I'd expect nothing less, really. I've noticed the Chiefs and Raiders fans seem to enjoy when that rivalry features both teams having strong seasons, but all Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers fans seem to loathe the Broncos the most. Makes sense: the Broncos are by far the most successful team in the AFC West and spent the better part of seasons since 2011 bitch slapping the other AFC West teams around like rag dolls. The Broncos recent run of success coupled with this being the information age has brought out a fresh level of contempt from the fans of lesser AFC West teams: the Broncos are the new America's Team and even though media often writes them off, they draw a lot of coverage.

If the Raiders and Broncos both win this week, then that week 4 tilt is going to have some epic interweb wars leading into it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully raiders broncos 3-0 showdown with a healthy set of players.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang that boy got in some Broncos loco weedddddddd

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks into the season the AFC West is definitely looking like the toughest division in football. Coming up this week the division features two teams heading east and a third heading west for a inter-division showdown. My picks:

Raiders @ Redskins: Raiders 34, Redskins 31. I'd have a lot more confidence in the Redskins pulling off the win in this game if it was a 1p Eastern start. But this is SNF and the league did the Raiders a solid by 1) helping them avoid the early start and 2) scheduling them to face the Redskins in a prime time slot. That's as close to a sure win as you're going to get without taking a snap. Raiders take it, but the Redskins keep it close.

Broncos @ Bills: Broncos 24, Bills 16. That Bills defense looks pretty legit and this is the Broncos first road game, so it won't surprise me to see this game remain close well into the 4th. The Bills also feature a pretty stout rushing attack that will once again put that revamped D-line/front 7 of the Broncos to test. The good news for the Broncos is the NFZ will probably be able to limit the Bills passing attack and the team can stack the box to contain the run.

Chiefs @ Chargers: Chiefs 28, Chargers 24. In a divisional game like this anything can happen and it is tempting to pick the Chargers to break through "almost" winning a game and actually pulling of a W in this one. But the truth is they face a pretty stout Chiefs team that is playing with some serious swagger and the Chargers simply do not deserve the benefit of the doubt. The Chargers also lack a legitimate home field advantage to make this game challenging for the visiting Chiefs.

AFC West continues as the strongest division with 3 teams sitting at 3-0 after this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Raiders over Redskins. As much as I would love to see the Redskins win I just don't think they have the weapons on defense to stop the Raiders.

Broncos over Bills. So far the Bills have played maybe the two worst offenses in football. They have talent on that side of the ball but I think with a couple of key injuries for them on that side and the players the Broncos have they should win this one. I agree maybe closer than some think as the Broncos will be working to protect the football as turnovers are the one way I see the Bills taking this one.

Chargers over Chiefs. I feel like the Chargers are up against the wall after starting out 0-2 and will pull out all the stops to win this divisional game. Usually can't say 0-3 means the season is completely over but when you factor in the toughness of the division and that they would have 2 divisional losses already in the standings this is a must win for them. They also have some pieces on defense to give the Chiefs some trouble and I just always have a tough time picking against Rivers in a must win like this.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is throwing the Raiders a bone by putting their game with the Redskins in prime time. Raiders are a lock to win that game. The next week the Redskins have the Chiefs in KC on MNF: a lock for the Chiefs to win. Neither of those games are compelling prime time games, so it sucks because the Aside from putting the Raiders and Chiefs in favorable game situations the matchup and rivalry isn't even good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is throwing the Raiders a bone by putting their game with the Redskins in prime time. Raiders are a lock to win that game. The next week the Redskins have the Chiefs in KC on MNF: a lock for the Chiefs to win. Neither of those games are compelling prime time games, so it sucks because the Aside from putting the Raiders and Chiefs in favorable game situations the matchup and rivalry isn't even good.

Raiders are lucky that the Redskins have a huge following. NFL knows not only will Raiders and Redskins watch but Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Broncos, and Chiefs fans will watch that game. So big crowd will be tuned in. Good ratings but not so much a great matchup.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders are lucky that the Redskins have a huge following. NFL knows not only will Raiders and Redskins watch but Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Broncos, and Chiefs fans will watch that game. So big crowd will be tuned in. Good ratings but not so much a great matchup.

Raiders should take it, that much I'm certain of. If the Broncos do their part it'll set up a great showdown next week. Raiders fans are convinced they are going to run over the Broncos in Denver. There's been a lot of talk that last years win in Denver was solely because Carr was out. Impossible to prove but Raiders fans can be impossible to reason with in a logical manner so there's that.