• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC West Roundup

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is signing Thomas " destroying " the team for the future ? #1....There's no guarantees your number ones pan out especially on O line, your #2-7 picks can garnish # one talent as we've seen year end and year out. You fortify the very critical LT spot, utilize the time you have left with this D and have a shot at returning to the SB for next couple years if either of your Qbs are the real deal. This team needs a O line NOW . IMHO of course.

Well how many players have you see teams give up 2 1st round picks for and it work out for the team that gave up those picks. Not very often.

Throw in I don't mind trading for an OT. There are ones of comparable talent though that will cost us significantly less. Such as the guy I keep advocating for in Jason Peters from Philly. A little bit older but most likely only costs us a 2nd round pick at the most to get. Maybe could get away with a 3rd this year and 3rd next year. Much cheaper price than the 2 1st round picks.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • This is my thoughts NFLbronco is 100 % right I plan on enjoying the ride .. I am a little mad about the hire but I am pretty much over it for his reasoning . We kind of need some high draft picks .

I would say two years of it fixs a lot of BS going on with this team .

Also if we win and I am wrong about this coach I will be total stoked .

Either way I believe the team will be in a better place 3 years from now because Elway and buy then I think we will have a new owner Mister Manning !

And I think Manning will Dominate all owners and then some !

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how many players have you see teams give up 2 1st round picks for and it work out for the team that gave up those picks. Not very often.

Throw in I don't mind trading for an OT. There are ones of comparable talent though that will cost us significantly less. Such as the guy I keep advocating for in Jason Peters from Philly. A little bit older but most likely only costs us a 2nd round pick at the most to get. Maybe could get away with a 3rd this year and 3rd next year. Much cheaper price than the 2 1st round picks.

Well we gave up 1st, 2nd, 6th and Vance Johnson for Zimmerman .... that seemed to work out alright.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, we don't know what deal for Thomas would actually end up being anyway and you have no idea what Peters might draw either. But.....If it cost Denver a first this year and one next year and he solidified that LT spot for 3 years???? I'd be ecstatic!. Plus, Thomas has been " available " more than Peters in career so far. Seriously though, I know why your resistant to this move anyway...Since all last season and till " very " recently, Denver's woes were Trevors and the Rbs fault not the O line according to you. You continually made excuses for the line until everyone AND their brother has continuously and adamantly called them " trash" and " terrible " all off season. You change your " expert " opinions more than chameleons change color ! Amazing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, we don't know what deal for Thomas would actually end up being anyway and you have no idea what Peters might draw either. But.....If it cost Denver a first this year and one next year and he solidified that LT spot for 3 years???? I'd be ecstatic!. Plus, Thomas has been " available " more than Peters in career so far. Seriously though, I know why your resistant to this move anyway...Since all last season and till " very " recently, Denver's woes were Trevors and the Rbs fault not the O line according to you. You continually made excuses for the line until everyone AND their brother has continuously and adamantly called them " trash" and " terrible " all off season. You change your " expert " opinions more than chameleons change color ! Amazing.

I really wish you would just read what I write instead of just reading what you want out of anything I post on here. Would probably stop a lot of the back and forth that we have going.

I mean how many times during the season do I have to compliment Trevor for you to get I was impressed with how he performed compared to what many thought he would as a 7th round player? How many times do I need to say the OL was terrible during the season for you to get that I kept saying they were playing terrible and needed to pick it up? Yet nope your response is "you keep blaming Trevor for everything and thought the OL was great."

And yes I have changed my opinion before. A person who cannot change their opinion on something to me is a fool. More data/information should cause people over the course of time to change some thoughts on things in life. I'm very happy that the person I was when I was 15 is no longer the same person I am at 30. And I hope when I am 45 I can say the same thing.

Also to me if you can't see that Trevor and the RB's did deserve some fo the blame for this past season then really there is no helping you here. There are things they did right and I appreciate that and hope they can continue to grow from that and things they did terrible that need correcting. Same with the OL. Such as for Max Garcia. He was one of if not our best run blocker this past season. He was one of the few guys that could actually get some movement along the OL and open up a nice hole. I hope he can build on that. His pass blocking was decent as long as teams didn't run stunts or delayed blitzes his direction. That is an area he needs to vastly improve on. Just one example of working to look at the full picture instead of just making one entire statement about a player like you seem to like to do.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we gave up 1st, 2nd, 6th and Vance Johnson for Zimmerman .... that seemed to work out alright.

Much much much easier trade to make with HOF John Elway at QB vs Trevor or Paxton unknown QB's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is still not 2 1st round picks. To me unless it is for a QB you highly believe in I'm not making that trade for any other position especially for a 32 year old guy.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the season going south fast if the defense doesn't wait until
November to call out a putrid offense if the offense is once again putrid.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the season going south fast if the defense doesn't wait until
November to call out a putrid offense if the offense is once again putrid.

It's not a stretch to believe the offense will improve at least some this year.

The line should be better with Leary's addition. Assuming Paradise is healthy and fully recovered from his surgery I think we have a serviceable interior line. It's fair to question this claim, but it's just a hunch. Leary's an upgrade and Paradise was the one bright spot on the line last year. I also believe McCoy's staff will do a better job of coaching and scheming to the players on hand.

I think if the line is better (I believe it graded as 27th best in the league last year so let's say it improves to mid-tier or 16th/17th) I think everything else will follow suit. We still have some solid talent at RB and we can get a lot more out of it if the line can actually run block. We have two young QBs both of whom give us cause for optimism. The Broncos QB situation was considered worst in the league last year and Siemian came out and was actually a pretty serviceable player, especially considering the circumstances and his experience. It's not a stretch to believe he can build on last year, especially with a better line in front of him. As for Lynch, if he wins the starting job (I think Siemian will) it's not a stretch to believe he can make a major jump from year 1 to year 2 either. After all, Siemian did it with just a kneel down to his credit in year 1. Lynch actually has a couple starts.

In my estimation, this all hinges on the line improving. I think the pieces appear to be there, but I've been here before. Also, keep in mind I don't think we can expect a unit that lights up the scoreboard every week. Not all improvement is on the scoreboard after all. I think cutting down on 3 and outs, eating some clock, maybe getting some field position...those are the improvements I expect to see. And maybe a modest improvement on the scoreboard.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish you would just read what I write instead of just reading what you want out of anything I post on here. Would probably stop a lot of the back and forth that we have going.

I mean how many times during the season do I have to compliment Trevor for you to get I was impressed with how he performed compared to what many thought he would as a 7th round player? How many times do I need to say the OL was terrible during the season for you to get that I kept saying they were playing terrible and needed to pick it up? Yet nope your response is "you keep blaming Trevor for everything and thought the OL was great."

And yes I have changed my opinion before. A person who cannot change their opinion on something to me is a fool. More data/information should cause people over the course of time to change some thoughts on things in life. I'm very happy that the person I was when I was 15 is no longer the same person I am at 30. And I hope when I am 45 I can say the same thing.

Also to me if you can't see that Trevor and the RB's did deserve some fo the blame for this past season then really there is no helping you here. There are things they did right and I appreciate that and hope they can continue to grow from that and things they did terrible that need correcting. Same with the OL. Such as for Max Garcia. He was one of if not our best run blocker this past season. He was one of the few guys that could actually get some movement along the OL and open up a nice hole. I hope he can build on that. His pass blocking was decent as long as teams didn't run stunts or delayed blitzes his direction. That is an area he needs to vastly improve on. Just one example of working to look at the full picture instead of just making one entire statement about a player like you seem to like to do.
Ok let's me and you end the Trevor/ running game/ O line controversy with one final " disagreement " hurrah. But, before we get to that, I've been involved with my brother and his buds regarding best qb's of all time and of course Tom Brady is leading the charge and theirs been discussions / disputes as to how you beat Brady. The most popular consensus is ....Brady can be " rattled " and beaten ( which hasn't happened a lot in his career ) by getting pressure up the middle ( getting in his face ), which of course also benefits the edge rushers, minimizing rush game success and basically throwing off his timing with wrs and rbs out of backfield. Obviously, the thought process before snap changes and the hits taken, start adding up to " rattled " and beating Brady. Myself, I've watched Brady plenty, and to beat him, I have to agree on that ^. Love /respect your opinion Cd and anyone else that would care to comment . :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a stretch to believe the offense will improve at least some this year.

The line should be better with Leary's addition. Assuming Paradise is healthy and fully recovered from his surgery I think we have a serviceable interior line. It's fair to question this claim, but it's just a hunch. Leary's an upgrade and Paradise was the one bright spot on the line last year. I also believe McCoy's staff will do a better job of coaching and scheming to the players on hand.

I think if the line is better (I believe it graded as 27th best in the league last year so let's say it improves to mid-tier or 16th/17th) I think everything else will follow suit. We still have some solid talent at RB and we can get a lot more out of it if the line can actually run block. We have two young QBs both of whom give us cause for optimism. The Broncos QB situation was considered worst in the league last year and Siemian came out and was actually a pretty serviceable player, especially considering the circumstances and his experience. It's not a stretch to believe he can build on last year, especially with a better line in front of him. As for Lynch, if he wins the starting job (I think Siemian will) it's not a stretch to believe he can make a major jump from year 1 to year 2 either. After all, Siemian did it with just a kneel down to his credit in year 1. Lynch actually has a couple starts.

In my estimation, this all hinges on the line improving. I think the pieces appear to be there, but I've been here before. Also, keep in mind I don't think we can expect a unit that lights up the scoreboard every week. Not all improvement is on the scoreboard after all. I think cutting down on 3 and outs, eating some clock, maybe getting some field position...those are the improvements I expect to see. And maybe a modest improvement on the scoreboard.
24 ppg should be the target and would be an great improvement and push Denver right back to the top teams in the AFC
I have a lot of faith right now in our all star coaching staff

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's me and you end the Trevor/ running game/ O line controversy with one final " disagreement " hurrah. But, before we get to that, I've been involved with my brother and his buds regarding best qb's of all time and of course Tom Brady is leading the charge and theirs been discussions / disputes as to how you beat Brady. The most popular consensus is ....Brady can be " rattled " and beaten ( which hasn't happened a lot in his career ) by getting pressure up the middle ( getting in his face ), which of course also benefits the edge rushers, minimizing rush game success and basically throwing off his timing with wrs and rbs out of backfield. Obviously, the thought process before snap changes and the hits taken, start adding up to " rattled " and beating Brady. Myself, I've watched Brady plenty, and to beat him, I have to agree on that ^. Love /respect your opinion Cd and anyone else that would care to comment . :)

Agreed on how you beat Brady. The reason that Rex Ryan had some early success against Brady as a coach was he knew to bring some A-Gap blitzes with the others dropping back into a zone coverage causing Brady to have to pull the ball down for that extra half second causing him to take more hits. When we beat them in both games for 2015 it was with Wolfe and Jackson both getting pressure up the middle. It forced Brady to hang back in the pocket afraid to step up which then allowed the outside guys to get home.

And I keep saying if you want to give your pressure that extra half second to get home on Brady then drop 5 guys into that short/intermediate zone area. That is his bread and butter. Force him to have to beat you deep. He did better with the deep ball this past year but that is not the strength of his game. Yes you might give up a couple of deep plays now and then to Brady but I would rather see that than them just march down the field doing whatever they want.

And it is also why we need somebody to step up into that 2nd DE position. Wolfe saw all the double teams this past year with Jackson gone. So either Gotsis needs to become the player the Broncos hoped he would become or find another guy in the draft or trade for Sheldon Richardson like the Broncos have been trying to do the past 2 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 ppg should be the target and would be an great improvement and push Denver right back to the top teams in the AFC
I have a lot of faith right now in our all star coaching staff

Yeah that wouldn't be a huge leap for the team. Last year we averaged 20.8 points per game so just a hair over a field goal added. Just one more scoring drive per game changes the entire dynamic of the team in my opinion. Means more time on the field for the offense, less 3 and outs, and our defense maybe with a chance to attack the QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So question for you. Going to a different QB. How would you have attacked Manning in his prime?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question for you. Going to a different QB. How would you have attacked Manning in his prime?
Answer my question first. Agree or disagree on Brady analysis.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer my question first. Agree or disagree on Brady analysis.
I did answer your question a few posts up about how to stop Brady.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We missed M Jackson terribly last year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on how you beat Brady. The reason that Rex Ryan had some early success against Brady as a coach was he knew to bring some A-Gap blitzes with the others dropping back into a zone coverage causing Brady to have to pull the ball down for that extra half second causing him to take more hits. When we beat them in both games for 2015 it was with Wolfe and Jackson both getting pressure up the middle. It forced Brady to hang back in the pocket afraid to step up which then allowed the outside guys to get home.

And I keep saying if you want to give your pressure that extra half second to get home on Brady then drop 5 guys into that short/intermediate zone area. That is his bread and butter. Force him to have to beat you deep. He did better with the deep ball this past year but that is not the strength of his game. Yes you might give up a couple of deep plays now and then to Brady but I would rather see that than them just march down the field doing whatever they want.

And it is also why we need somebody to step up into that 2nd DE position. Wolfe saw all the double teams this past year with Jackson gone. So either Gotsis needs to become the player the Broncos hoped he would become or find another guy in the draft or trade for Sheldon Richardson like the Broncos have been trying to do the past 2 years.
Just what I was hoping to hear from you. So.....If you can rattle a guy like Brady by executing that philosophy ( which both of us and 99% of the rest of " knowledgeable " football fans, agree to, how do you justify your " expert " critique of Trevors performance last year when as basically a rookie, he endured those same circumstances on a regular basis all season. I remember after wk 3 I believe when Trevor threw for 300 + yds, 4 ads and 0 ints including a PERFECT in stride beautiful 55 yrd bomb to DT, you said, and this is just the gist of your comment after game...." I guess I misjudged Simian, bla,bla,etc. Then, after wk 6 when CJ went down after rushing for the first and last 100 or more yd game by a Denver rb, and things started going south and although very obvious to some on here that the O line was pitiful , you ,Cd, started your assault on Trevor and the ribs, while for some mind boggling reason, was defending the horrible Oline and started your inane push for Lynch. I will say your pretty good at some analysis buddy, but when it comes to Qb evaluations especially Broncos situation last season , you suck. Ill be checking mailbox for my 50 spot this year. Well, unless you flip again ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what I was hoping to hear from you. So.....If you can rattle a guy like Brady by executing that philosophy ( which both of us and 99% of the rest of " knowledgeable " football fans, agree to, how do you justify your " expert " critique of Trevors performance last year when as basically a rookie, he endured those same circumstances on a regular basis all season. I remember after wk 3 I believe when Trevor threw for 300 + yds, 4 ads and 0 ints including a PERFECT in stride beautiful 55 yrd bomb to DT, you said, and this is just the gist of your comment after game...." I guess I misjudged Simian, bla,bla,etc. Then, after wk 6 when CJ went down after rushing for the first and last 100 or more yd game by a Denver rb, and things started going south and although very obvious to some on here that the O line was pitiful , you ,Cd, started your assault on Trevor and the ribs, while for some mind boggling reason, was defending the horrible Oline and started your inane push for Lynch. I will say your pretty good at some analysis buddy, but when it comes to Qb evaluations especially Broncos situation last season , you suck. Ill be checking mailbox for my 50 spot this year. Well, unless you flip again ;)

No one is an QB expert not even the NFL GMs like Elway who is staring down A major QB bust
Seems like you take CDs "opinions " way to seriously because his opinion or yours or mine and $2.25 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.