• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has a team option for 11.75 million base salary and 6 million roster bonus on AP. There's a good chance they either restructure his deal to stay or he gets cut

He is already starting to entertain the idea of becoming a free agent. He has mentioned a few teams, he didn't mention Seattle on his list (so far), but I think if it comes to it Seattle would be a very appealing option

We offer him an immediate contender, the most successful NFC team the past 5 years, a great defense, and the read option threat with Russ in the run game

What do you guys think?

If not Vikes, Peterson to look at Giants, Bucs

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Oline remains the same it wouldn't matter if you had a 25 year old Jim Brown back there, but a combo of Rawls and Peterson COULD be pretty epic.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell would love it, but seahawk 3 already made the necessary point.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure that AP will wanna play second fiddle, and here a 32 year old Peterson who spent much of last season injured (was ineffective the rest of the time) would most likely have to compete for carries and most likely would have to be assumed to be behind Rawls and Prosise in terms of opportunities for touches. I'm not sure he's ready to be this teams '09 Edgerrin James.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over 30 running backs, just say no.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure that AP will wanna play second fiddle, and here a 32 year old Peterson who spent much of last season injured (was ineffective the rest of the time) would most likely have to compete for carries and most likely would have to be assumed to be behind Rawls and Prosise in terms of opportunities for touches. I'm not sure he's ready to be this teams '09 Edgerrin James.

I agree. AP probably still has that mindset of being "the man" but ideally for his age and the wear and tear on his body...having a timeshare on a championship caliber team is probably the best thing for him at this point in his career

We'll see if he can let go of his ego a bit and play a role that's more realistic for his age and likely decline

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.....

PFF had us dead ranked last in O-Line in both pretty much run and pass categories and if you watched what we actually put together this season it's hard to disagree. That gets ANY FA money first. Interior D-Line gets it second. We get great EDGE pressure (Avril/Clark/Bennett) but then QBs just step up and are like, "AHHHH, look at that POCKET!" Normally you'd have ONE DT disrupt a little bit so the QB steps and then goes OH SHIT! and things fall apart.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, wouldn't last 3 games behind this o-line. Besides, he's had two major injuries the last 3 yrs so his body is probably about done.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, wouldn't last 3 games behind this o-line. Besides, he's had two major injuries the last 3 yrs so his body is probably about done.

For the sake of honesty, it was one injury. He was suspended the other year he missed significant time (for beating his kid).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of honesty, it was one injury. He was suspended the other year he missed significant time (for beating his kid).

Shit, your spot on. I totally forgot and thought it was an injury. My bad!

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned 3 teams he would like to play for and the Hawks weren't one of them. Not that I would want him at this point, but can you blame him with the line we have?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, bringing in AP would sorta be like sticking a really beefy motor in a car that has suspension, tranny and brakes not good enough to handle all that power. I've often watch Leveon Bell this year and thought if he tried his running style -- standing around and waiting a few beats behind the line for a whole to open up -- here behind our OL he would average about -2.9 ypc.

I think the line should improve next year with the benefit of this past season's experience for both the individual parts and the sum of the whole, but I don't see a 32 year old RB as a wise use of free agent dollars or cap space.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting odds list Seattle as 14:1 to sign Peterson.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running back should be low on our list of priorities at the moment in general. The ones we have will do just fine as long as the offensive line is somewhat competent. Continuity on the line should help with that, but I can see us grabbing a tackle in the early rounds of the draft for competition.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny's O-Line could be worse than ours. Peterson averaged something like 1.9 ypc in his limited work last season. He's not at the point in his career where he can transcend a bad OL.

Also, he wants to line up in the I-formation with a fullback. Doesn't fit well with this offense.

Pass.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely do not want AP on this team... I do not believe he is a need on this team... So many other needs at this point, if filled, will make us better than signing AP...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, bringing in AP would sorta be like sticking a really beefy motor in a car that has suspension, tranny and brakes not good enough to handle all that power. I've often watch Leveon Bell this year and thought if he tried his running style -- standing around and waiting a few beats behind the line for a whole to open up -- here behind our OL he would average about -2.9 ypc.

I think the line should improve next year with the benefit of this past season's experience for both the individual parts and the sum of the whole, but I don't see a 32 year old RB as a wise use of free agent dollars or cap space.

Great points. That car wouldn't go anywhere.

I'm working under the impression that our O-line would at least be decent to solid this upcoming season. I'm confident we can pick up one of the expendable tackles that have been cut for a 1 year prove it deal. That solidifies one starting position with an actual starter. Britt is a reliable to good center. Fant I think has potential and Ifedi could improve as well. Hopefully somewhere in the draft we can find someone we can mold into becoming a starter.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny's O-Line could be worse than ours. Peterson averaged something like 1.9 ypc in his limited work last season. He's not at the point in his career where he can transcend a bad OL.

Also, he wants to line up in the I-formation with a fullback. Doesn't fit well with this offense.

Pass.

His running style doesn't fit in with our offensive system, but we can adapt. I'm not saying change our entire offense, just utilize i formation and heavier sets more often. And I'm sure AP working with Russell Wilson can also adapt as well to the read option. If he is truly a great that is seeking that desired first ring, than he will have to sacrifice and adjust as much as we have to.

In that scenario, I'd want AP.