• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson released

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technicially they're not picking up his 2018 option....which has the same effect. Sounds like they'll continue to talk about a new contract, but my sense is he will not be in Minnesota next year.

So long, AP. It was one hell of a ride....with one very big bump in the road. But still one of my favorite to watch play.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy retirement, AP. Nobody will pay you what you want, and your ego won't let you take the $16 million pay cut to get down to what you're worth.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technicially they're not picking up his 2018 option....which has the same effect. Sounds like they'll continue to talk about a new contract, but my sense is he will not be in Minnesota next year.

So long, AP. It was one hell of a ride....with one very big bump in the road. But still one of my favorite to watch play.
He asked for his release two years ago while he still had some value.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings did a poor job in trying to improve its OL. That team doesn't draft very well.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I'm more than ready to move on. I've been tired of his act since 2014 when his domestic abuse scandal broke out and attitude issues (trying to whine his way into forcing a trade with Dallas, plus he was publically talking about playing for other teams again for the past month or so) came to light. Couple those factors along with the limitations he's always had (can't pass block, almost nonexistent as a pass catcher, can't run out of the shotgun) and I don't see the appeal in having him back. Pus he's going to be 32 with his best years clearly behind him, and is coming off his second season ending type knee injury.

Just calling it like I see it. The team will not be better off for resigning him to a contract extension unless he's wiling to take a drastic pay cut to stay, which seems pretty unlikely. Time to accept reality and draft an RB.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I'm more than ready to move on. I've been tired of his act since 2014 when his domestic abuse scandal broke out and attitude issues (trying to whine his way into forcing a trade with Dallas, plus he was publically talking about playing for other teams again for the past month or so) came to light. Couple those factors along with the limitations he's always had (can't pass block, almost nonexistent as a pass catcher, can't run out of the shotgun) and I don't see the appeal in having him back. Pus he's going to be 32 with his best years clearly behind him, and is coming off his second season ending type knee injury.

Just calling it like I see it. The team will not be better off for resigning him to a contract extension unless he's wiling to take a drastic pay cut to stay, which seems pretty unlikely. Time to accept reality and draft an RB.

Yeah should be able to draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th rd and get more production then what AP was giving at hardly any cost. Or sign a proven younger FA RB. 18m reasons to let him go.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah should be able to draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th rd and get more production then what AP was giving at hardly any cost. Or sign a proven younger FA RB. 18m reasons to let him go.

a RB that can fall forward their body length would be an improvement to the running game.