• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Achievemephobia

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just found out that it's an actual word:
Fear of Success Phobia – Achievemephobia

So far this season, we've seen them work their way up to the .500 mark a small number of times, then turn tail and revert to crap play again.

So why does .500 scare them so much? They've shown that they can actually do something while some of their best pitchers and other players are on injury, so why chicken out when you can be doing more of the same?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far this season, we've seen them work their way up to the .500 mark a small number of times, then turn tail and revert to crap play again.

So why does .500 scare them so much? They've shown that they can actually do something while some of their best pitchers and other players are on injury, so why chicken out when you can be doing more of the same?

I just don't think they can sustain anything more than .500 baseball. If they didn't shit the bed to start the season they'd be in ok shape.

I'll bet they'll go on a losing streak now, eventually turn it around and get back to .500 and lose again. Mediocre.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can keep the below lineup together for the last 75-80 games of the year, maybe they can make a run. Maybe. It will depend on how far back they are at that time.

Segura
Haniger
Cano
Cruz
Seager
Valencia
Gamel
Zunino
Dyson

Paxton
Felix
Miranda
Smyly
Kuma

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can keep the below lineup together for the last 75-80 games of the year, maybe they can make a run. Maybe. It will depend on how far back they are at that time.

Segura
Haniger
Cano
Cruz
Seager
Valencia
Gamel
Zunino
Dyson

Paxton
Felix
Miranda
Smyly
Kuma
Welp, that order is no longer possible this year. Chalk that up as the memory of having been two games over .500 is washed away by another round of their phobia.

Forever in mediocrity, the Founding Fathers of False Hope are at it again.