• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to Rivals.....

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what rivals said about Texas's recruiting year.

Winners and Losers this year in recruiting

Losers

Texas

"It was a rough day for Tom Herman and Texas as the Longhorns missed out on three major targets in K’Lavon Chaisson (LSU), Chevin Calloway (Arkansas) and Stephan Zabie (UCLA). Herman was brought in to turn things around on the field, and if that happens during the 2017 season things will likely turn around on the recruiting trail. But after missing on five-stars like Marvin Wilson and Walker Little, and given the day they had on Wednesday, it was a rough stretch for Longhorn fans."

Blame the coaches all you want, but until this turns around, we are in for some long years. It's a tough situation for Herman. It's hard to get 5* talent to a school that is on a downward spiral. Hopefully we can have a decent year on the field next year and he can turn recruiting around in Feb. Man, I'm getting tired of saying that!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Strong debacle, I don't put too much stock into recruiting rankings anymore. Strong's last two classes were top 10 and they haven't produced a winning season, were shutout in embarrassing fashion by ISU and lost to lowly and shitty KU. They can't tackle, cover, etc so I don't mind that Herman signed a lot of 3 star guys. They are much more hungry than your spoiled 5 stars are anyway. Herman was only allowed to sign 18 guys this year. According to Rivals, his class was an average of 3.3, which would put this class in the top 15. But still it's all about coaching. As long as Herman has a quality coaching staff and not the extreme shit show Charlie brought in, UT will be fine.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wish we had some super stars. We are basically in the same position as we were when CS was hired. Maybe a little better with talent, but we still have a long way to go.