• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to JJ

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon Smith will play this week

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is awesome. The fact that they feel comfortable enough to play him in a preseason game already is a great sign. Cannot wait to watch this kid.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited as hell to see Smith out there. I've tried to stay objective about his expectations as a player at this point, but I'm hoping he comes out this season and blows the doors off opposing offenses. Step 1 is here. Can't wait.

Now just need to get Jourdan Lewis on the field. I am nearly excited about this kid as I am Smith.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited as hell to see Smith out there. I've tried to stay objective about his expectations as a player at this point, but I'm hoping he comes out this season and blows the doors off opposing offenses. Step 1 is here. Can't wait.

Now just need to get Jourdan Lewis on the field. I am nearly excited about this kid as I am Smith.
Lewis to me was one of the best if not the best cover guys in the draft. As far as jaylon goes I think he gradually regains that explosiveness as the season goes on

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat writer, David Moore was saying today on the Ranch Report that early in camp Smith was explosive going down hill, but you could see a little something when he went laterally or back peddled. Moore says you don't see that now and this guy is so explosive on the football field.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat writer, David Moore was saying today on the Ranch Report that early in camp Smith was explosive going down hill, but you could see a little something when he went laterally or back peddled. Moore says you don't see that now and this guy is so explosive on the football field.

If you listen/read to most of the Cowboys beat reporters they are saying Hitchens has been very good so far - if not the best LBer in camp this year. With Sean Lee in the fold and the possibility of Smith being what we all hoped he could be, this LBer group has the chance to be a tremendous strength. Excellent starters, and solid depth throughout. I'm starting to get really excited about this group.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen/read to most of the Cowboys beat reporters they are saying Hitchens has been very good so far - if not the best LBer in camp this year. With Sean Lee in the fold and the possibility of Smith being what we all hoped he could be, this LBer group has the chance to be a tremendous strength. Excellent starters, and solid depth throughout. I'm starting to get really excited about this group.
I agree....the last great Dallas LB core was Jordan, Howley & Edwards

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lee staying healthy and Smith getting healthier and healthier and Wilson and Hitchens looking like they keep getting better and battling for the other spot, I think they can be not just a strength but one of the better groups in the NFL. We could be great tacklers, great laterally and have multiple guys that can both cover in space and go get the QB when asked. I think excited is the right word because it could be a very exciting group to watch.:nod:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lee staying healthy and Smith getting healthier and healthier and Wilson and Hitchens looking like they keep getting better and battling for the other spot, I think they can be not just a strength but one of the better groups in the NFL. We could be great tacklers, great laterally and have multiple guys that can both cover in space and go get the QB when asked. I think excited is the right word because it could be a very exciting group to watch.:nod:

By the sounds of it, according to the various writers, Broaddus in particular, Hitchens is looking like he's locked in as a starter - barring any unforeseen circumstances. They might slide Hitchens to SAM in base 4-3 to accommodate Smith at MLB, but sounds like Hitchens is going to be the second Nickel LB with Lee. Things could change obviously, but Hitchens has been playing his ass off in camp by most accounts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sounds of it, according to the various writers, Broaddus in particular, Hitchens is looking like he's locked in as a starter - barring any unforeseen circumstances. They might slide Hitchens to SAM in base 4-3 to accommodate Smith at MLB, but sounds like Hitchens is going to be the second Nickel LB with Lee. Things could change obviously, but Hitchens has been playing his ass off in camp by most accounts.
I agree and I think a lot of that is a combo of how well he is playing, how well he played in the past in real games, but also the fact that it doesn't seem Smith is starting week 1 at the Mike. Hitchens is a better fit there IMO than Wilson. At SAM, I'm not as sure which I feel is a better fit but do prefer Hitchens on the field personally. I've been super high on Hitchens since he got here. I think he has been way better than he is given credit for and I fully expect him to start somewhere. Just saying I'm not 100% sure he will if Smith starts at the MIKE week 1 as I like Wilson also.