• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to David Griffin Kyrie had a commitment from Hayword and Ariza

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your entire posting history and the fact that virtually everyone on here has called you out over your inability to be even mildly objective is all I need.

This is gospel fact.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng and Mozgov were always horrendous signings, and every non Laker fan knew it the moment they happened.

You don't give 4 year deals to players who:

A) are 31 years old and was said to be running on fumes 2 seasons prior because Thibs wore him out.

B) was not even good enough to be in the Cavs playoff rotation the year prior. Not to mention the fact that he is the prototype for the center who can't play in the modern NBA.

There was a 0% chance either of these signings were going to work. 1 year, maybe. 4? Hell to the no. Many on here including me called the Lakers on it at the time. They were always utterly stupid deals.

Oh, I never liked the signings, especially at 4 years with no team options. Most of the posts from Lakers fans were just trying to make the best of it since we were going to be stuck with them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what you are trying to imply here, but you do realize I was actually backing your case, right?
I was saying if you think that no Lakers fans tried to say that the signings werent the absolute disaster that was apparent to everyone else at the time- then you must not have read the posts...better read them before they get deleted! lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying if you think that no Lakers fans tried to say that the signings werent the absolute disaster that was apparent to everyone else at the time- then you must not have read the posts...better read them before they get deleted! lol.

Try reading my post again.

I said every non-Laker fan knew they were horrible. I said nothing about Laker fans because I remember quite a few trying to defend them.

Kind of like you are now with the Love extension. And I am not putting the Love extension on the same level. It isn't not close to as bad because Love does have some actual trade value (for now). But it also isn't nearly as good as you want it to be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol and you do Mr. Mozgov and Deng were good signings? cmon now

Missing a verb in there somewhere, but of course not! I can't complain too much about the Mozgov deal, since they were able to dump him with the underproducing Russell for Kuzma. Deng's contract is dead money.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every Laker fan was perplexed when they immediately signed Mozgov at the stroke of 12 during free agency. Then the Lakers struck out on Bazemore and immediately offered that money to Deng. Might have been a decent deal 5 years earlier. The fact that both ended up 4 year deals with no options pissed off all Laker fans that I can recall. The Lakers clearly fell for that spending bump that year (as did other teams overpaying for mediocre talent) and failed miserably.

Sure, many Lakers fans (myself included) tried to find some good in the deals, but it was pointless in the end. I wanted Deng for the Lakers many years earlier, so I held out hope. Blechh.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a game changer? he can barely get on the court....

I still am astonished you think a back to the basket big is something a team should invest in in todays NBA.

Whiteside is FINE if he is making 10M-15M a year.

He makes about a 1/4 of the teams cap space. You are not going to win anything if Whiteside is talking up about a 1/4 of your cap space.

He claims he never recovered from a deep knee bruise all of last season.
Previous 2 seasons he was a league leader.
He can change games.

His money is what it is, 5+ other teams offered him a max.
At the time it seemed prudent. If his FA was this summer, probably not.

You act like he's the only overpaid player in the league.
Market dictates price. Simple economics.

As far as winning anything, if he was playing for free and we could add 25M worth of other player(s), we still aren't winning anything.
Someone from the East has to make the Finals to lose.
It's the Warriors time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Market dictates price. Simple economics.

As far as winning anything, if he was playing for free and we could add 25M worth of other player(s), we still aren't winning anything.
Someone from the East has to make the Finals to lose.
It's the Warriors tim
e.
if thats your attitude why even play or watch at all? I could DEF say that about the Cavs and brush away LeBron leaving as saying "well LeBron and the Lakers--- and the Cavs without LeBron arent winning DICK anyway" btu the truth is that playoff run was a helluva lot of fun.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember Lakers fans posting best case scenario HOPES.
I also remember nobody liked the length of the contracts and wondered what the rush was to sign Mozgov.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats your attitude why even play or watch at all? I could DEF say that about the Cavs and brush away LeBron leaving as saying "well LeBron and the Lakers--- and the Cavs without LeBron arent winning DICK anyway" btu the truth is that playoff run was a helluva lot of fun.

I think you have it backwards.
I have no problem watching/going to Heat games during down years as long as I see a team that plays with desire.
Of course it's more fun to play deep into the season, but realistically most know the ceiling of their team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Laker fan was perplexed when they immediately signed Mozgov at the stroke of 12 during free agency. Then the Lakers struck out on Bazemore and immediately offered that money to Deng. Might have been a decent deal 5 years earlier. The fact that both ended up 4 year deals with no options pissed off all Laker fans that I can recall. The Lakers clearly fell for that spending bump that year (as did other teams overpaying for mediocre talent) and failed miserably.

Sure, many Lakers fans (myself included) tried to find some good in the deals, but it was pointless in the end. I wanted Deng for the Lakers many years earlier, so I held out hope. Blechh.

Same. I was always a Deng fan and hoped he had something left. He didn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Lakers fans posting best case scenario HOPES.
I also remember nobody liked the length of the contracts and wondered what the rush was to sign Mozgov.

Exactly. Wiggy wants to act like Lakers fans were predicting a run of titles or something.

He can't help himself, his worst case scenario has come true. Now, all he has is his heartache and old shit that no one else cares about to make himself feel better.

It would be sad if laughing at watching him try to backtrack and deflect wasn't so much fun.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Wiggy wants to act like Lakers fans were predicting a run of titles or something.

He can't help himself, his worst case scenario has come true. Now, all he has is his heartache and old shit that no one else cares about to make himself feel better.

It would be sad if laughing at watching him try to backtrack and deflect wasn't so much fun.
lol...my worst case scenario was the Lakers getting George and Leonard and winning a title.

LeBron going to LA and using the area to further his bank account and movie career while never winning anything is FAR from a worst case scenario. LOL.

A Worst case scenario is the Lakers knew how to draft and have like Tatum or Porzingis, and brought in Leonard and have a dynasty in the making

instead they have Dengs shitbag contract, Russell their #2 overall pick was used as chip to get rid of Mozgovs shitbag contract, Ingram and Ball are AT BEST mediocre #2 overall picks and certainly not the type of CANT MISS star that you WANT to get at that position. And Randle - their #6 overall pick walked for exactly dick.

Oh there are much worse scenarios than a Lakers team that some are predicting wont even make the playoffs with LeBron going there in his age 34 season. LOL.

to have Ingram and Ball out of three #2 overall picks and a #6 overall pick is objectively pretty fucking awful.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"It would be sad if laughing at watching him try to backtrack and deflect wasn't so much fun.
The fact that the Lakers could only get Deng and Mozgov proves my point. Those guys aren't franchise changing talents. They are very good pickups for a team in the Lakers situation (a team trying to develop young talent and get back into contention)."

You-- Sept. 8, 2016.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Lakers could only get Deng and Mozgov proves my point. Those guys aren't franchise changing talents. They are very good pickups for a team in the Lakers situation (a team trying to develop young talent and get back into contention)."

You-- Sept. 8, 2016.

To be fair, Deng had a good season with the Heat.
He showed he could still play.
Did anyone expect the Lakers to do what they did with him?

As far as Mozgov, I didnt see the Lakers logic there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Deng had a good season with the Heat.
He showed he could still play.
Did anyone expect the Lakers to do what they did with him?

As far as Mozgov, I didnt see the Lakers logic there.

Deng was productive in Miami.

But, it was also clear he was not the same guy he had been in Chicago. Thibs ran him into the ground.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...my worst case scenario was the Lakers getting George and Leonard and winning a title.

LeBron going to LA and using the area to further his bank account and movie career while never winning anything is FAR from a worst case scenario. LOL.

A Worst case scenario is the Lakers knew how to draft and have like Tatum or Porzingis, and brought in Leonard and have a dynasty in the making

instead they have Dengs shitbag contract, Russell their #2 overall pick was used as chip to get rid of Mozgovs shitbag contract, Ingram and Ball are AT BEST mediocre #2 overall picks and certainly not the type of CANT MISS star that you WANT to get at that position. And Randle - their #6 overall pick walked for exactly dick.

Oh there are much worse scenarios than a Lakers team that some are predicting wont even make the playoffs with LeBron going there in his age 34 season. LOL.

to have Ingram and Ball out of three #2 overall picks and a #6 overall pick is objectively pretty fucking awful.

There's a lot I can't argue with.

But the 2014 draft was awful where the Lakers were picking (seriously, go back and look at how bad it was), and you are seriously underestimating how good Ball is. Most rookies are absolutely abused defensively as rookies, Ball was a stud on that end. His shooting is the only thing holding him back from stardom.