• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC Power Rankings Pre-season.....who wants to do them???

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- FSU
2- VT
3- Clemson
4- Maryland
5- BC
6- UNC
7- NC State
8- UVa
9- Miami
10- GT
11- Duke
12- Wake

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-FSU
2-VT
3-Clemson
4-NC State
5-Maryland
6-UNC
7-Miami
8-BC
9-Duke
10-UVA
11-GT
12-Wake

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-VT (Simply put, they are defending champions until other wise).
2-FSU (Solid team, not buying the EJ Manuel hype).
3-Clemson (On paper they are all-stars, on the field...)
4-NC State (Call me crazy, but TOB is a hell of a coach. Its a shame they lost Wilson)
5-Maryland (Danny is the truth. New coach and loss of Torrey are TBD...)
6-UNC (Alot of potential. Wild card is Withers. If he can get them to tip-top shape, they will be about 5th best, and as usual .500 in the ACC)
7-Miami (See UNC on potential. Their wild card is suspensions and sanctions, which could be very heavy)
8-GT (They will win some games just on their gimmick offense. PJ is a douche but a pretty damn good coach. Incoming QB looks perfect for his system too)
9-BC (Why are they ranked so high on other polls? Harris is out for awhile and their 30 year old QB is a pick machine. Keuchly is a bright star in a dark, dark galaxy)
10-UVA (I think this year they may finally beat Duke, and win more than 1 ACC game)
11-Duke (Could be higher based on their WR-QB combos and they may very well be, but no higher than 8 or so)
12-Wake (No explanation needed)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back jeffro!

Do you expect any more Cavs to join you?

I doubt it, and it really doesn't bother me. HoorayforHoos and HOOOOS and the majority of the others were douches. the only good one was biggs.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it, and it really doesn't bother me. HoorayforHoos and HOOOOS and the majority of the others were douches. the only good one was biggs.

There were some good ones on the UVA board who I talked with. Peach something maybe? I don't remember. I just remember having some good convos on th UVA board.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some good ones on the UVA board who I talked with. Peach something maybe? I don't remember. I just remember having some good convos on th UVA board.

Yeah, SkinnersTinyKisses is a good one, as is PreachSF, but they both have been AWOL for quite some time.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-VT by default, even with the loss of Tyrod and Williams, somebody has to knock them off to be here; even Duke may be bowl eligible if they had this schedule
2-FSU could (and should) be on the rise after stomping SCar in Atlanta and winning 10 games last season
3-9 Insert whoever here, none of the seven teams residing in the middle of the conference have anything to justify being "better" than another right now (although Miami and UNC may fall hard)
10-UVA should go bowling this year, unless W&M derails them from the start
11-Duke is slightly better than Wake, but will still only win 4-5 games if they're lucky
12-Wake's program is in a state of despair even with Grobe's fantastic coaching

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

1. Virginia Tech - champs hold the spot until proven otherwise

2. FSU - they are loaded with talent and unlike a lot of new coaches, Jimbo seems to have made the Noles better

3. Maryland - a sleeper 9 win team from last year????

4. BC - always solid, well coached and disciplined, i am high on them this year

5. Miami - the suspensions were minimal and although I think they lose to Maryland, they will be back at full strength before the meat of the ACC schedule

6. NCState - The Mike Glennon era begins

7. Clemson - loaded with talent but does Dabo have any clue how to use it?

8. North Carolina - a team and program in shambles will ride very good talent to a few wins and an upset or two

9. Georgia Tech - an unknown entity takes over the option attack....a lot to be seen

10. UVA - London says he is going to play a bunch of true freshman, which is a significant upgrade over the vets already on the roster in itself

11. Duke - wait until March

12. Wake - if they can win 5 games this year, Grobe should win coach of the year...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should request a general ACC Board; I do feel sort of dirty using Wake's board like this

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine:

1. Virginia Tech - champs hold the spot until proven otherwise

2. FSU - they are loaded with talent and unlike a lot of new coaches, Jimbo seems to have made the Noles better

3. Maryland - a sleeper 9 win team from last year????

4. BC - always solid, well coached and disciplined, i am high on them this year

5. Miami - the suspensions were minimal and although I think they lose to Maryland, they will be back at full strength before the meat of the ACC schedule

6. NCState - The Mike Glennon era begins

7. Clemson - loaded with talent but does Dabo have any clue how to use it?

8. North Carolina - a team and program in shambles will ride very good talent to a few wins and an upset or two

9. Georgia Tech - an unknown entity takes over the option attack....a lot to be seen

10. UVA - London says he is going to play a bunch of true freshman, which is a significant upgrade over the vets already on the roster in itself

11. Duke - wait until March

12. Wake - if they can win 5 games this year, Grobe should win coach of the year...

i would take BC, and slide them down to the #8 spot, and swap Clemson and Miami

1. VT
2. FSU
3. MD
4. Clemson
5. NC State
6. Miami
7. UNC
8. BC
9. GT
10. UVA
11. Duke
12. Wake

and i'm not totally sure, i might swap GT and UVA's spots too

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. VT
2. FSU
3. MD
4. NC State
5. Clemson
6. BC
7. UNC
8. Miami
9. GT
10. UVA
11. Duke
12. Wake

edit: I think you can flip flop UNC and Miami. An interim coach and new QB versus a new coach and the Interception collective known as the U QB's, I just don't know. And is the Atlantic really that much better than the Coastal? Sheesh. 4, 5 and 6 are pretty interchangeable as well.

Last edited by a moderator: