• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Abreu

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox are apparently shopping him. Red Sox are in pursuit.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would be a stupid move unless the haul was totally one sided in sox favor. there's a bunch of good reasons to keep him. much rather see them move garcia while he's at his most valuable.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would be a stupid move unless the haul was totally one sided in sox favor.

I think that's the idea. There could easily be some teams willing to pay top dollar for him.

At the end of the day, he's 31 in a month. If you can get a haul of prospects for him, including a couple of top 20-30 caliber types. I think you have to do it, given where we are as a team.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the idea. There could easily be some teams willing to pay top dollar for him.

At the end of the day, he's 31 in a month. If you can get a haul of prospects for him, including a couple of top 20-30 caliber types. I think you have to do it, given where we are as a team.

where i see we are without abreu is without any leadership on the field. no 'mother hen' to the new cubans on board and the ONLY proven commodity at a more than reasonable price. he'd still be with us in 2 years when we shall need that kind of player. i think we've done enough 'youth gathering'.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where i see we are without abreu is without any leadership on the field. no 'mother hen' to the new cubans on board and the ONLY proven commodity at a more than reasonable price. he'd still be with us in 2 years when we shall need that kind of player. i think we've done enough 'youth gathering'.

Yeah, I completely understand. I have gotten behind the idea of keeping him on board as well. Especially, like you said, with all of the dealing we have already done for top 100 prospects. He definitely seemed to take on a mentor role with Moncada last year, and it seemed that he helped him come around to the strong finish he had in late-August/September

I'm just kind of intrigued as to what the offer may be. I don't think we'd be considering anything that wasn't very generous.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership for the young Cuban players is my concern as well

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with it as long as they get a great deal. Abreu is a stud dh (has no business playing 1st). I would like to see Davidson get a full yr at first to see if he is an everyday player. Other rumor is Hahn really wants to make a run at machado next offseason. That abreu money the next 2 yrs might be needed

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership for the young Cuban players is my concern as well

If you get an offer you can't refuse, you have to go for it. But to lose a guy, who can (and wants to) be a positive influence on the plethora of you talent you have coming up ... that's crazy to shop him. I am a Tiger fan (not that we are going anywhere), so I hope you trade him.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with it as long as they get a great deal. Abreu is a stud dh (has no business playing 1st). I would like to see Davidson get a full yr at first to see if he is an everyday player. Other rumor is Hahn really wants to make a run at machado next offseason. That abreu money the next 2 yrs might be needed

they can't afford what machado would cost and they'd be foolish to try.
as a full time major leaguer davidson will strike out over 200 times, hit 30 home runs, drive in 75 runs, hit .220 and not be able to play a position. sound familiar?
so yeah. let's give up a sure thing in abrue for a signing that won't happen and get some more adam's on the team. that's some real forward thinking there.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can't afford what machado would cost and they'd be foolish to try.
as a full time major leaguer davidson will strike out over 200 times, hit 30 home runs, drive in 75 runs, hit .220 and not be able to play a position. sound familiar?
so yeah. let's give up a sure thing in abrue for a signing that won't happen and get some more adam's on the team. that's some real forward thinking there.
Abreu will be on the back end of his career when the sox are any good. I maybe in the minority but the whole leadership in the clubhouse stuff is bs. they actually can afford what machado is going to cost. They have no money on the books anymore

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu will be on the back end of his career when the sox are any good. I maybe in the minority but the whole leadership in the clubhouse stuff is bs. they actually can afford what machado is going to cost. They have no money on the books anymore
lol abrue will be 32 when the sox should be ready to contend (and will be a very important cog in helping the team to reach that time. back end? you must be high.
and machado will be asking around $300 to $400 MILLION . if you think the sox will pay that then you're drunk in addition to being high!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol abrue will be 32 when the sox should be ready to contend (and will be a very important cog in helping the team to reach that time. back end? you must be high.
and machado will be asking around $300 to $400 MILLION . if you think the sox will pay that then you're drunk in addition to being high!
And a free agent who will be looking for a 5 yr deal and good amount of money that somebody will be willing to pay for a dh.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didn't answer the question! you might NOT see a lot of things but you see the sox giving machado as much as $400MIL?

i certainly see the sox giving abreu $20M a year till he's 37 WAY before i see the sox giving anyone $400M.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have interest in seeing Davidson as a platoon player, and be in the lineup every time we see a left-hander. Very little interest in seeing him in the lineup 140+ times.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didn't answer the question! you might NOT see a lot of things but you see the sox giving machado as much as $400MIL?

i certainly see the sox giving abreu $20M a year till he's 37 WAY before i see the sox giving anyone $400M.

Machado is not sniffing 400 million. He MIGHT get 300 million. Please, calm down with the hyperbole.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what hyperbole? read it for yourself.

MLB rumors: Orioles' Manny Machado could be next Phillies superstar
Machado price tag could be up to $400 million
A free agent in 2018, what does Manny Machado's future look like?
What to do with $400 Million?

nothing hyperbole about it. he may not get there but he may. and whoever that highest bidder is you can be sure it will NOT be the white sox.

Right...

The same sensationalist journalists trying to tell us that Bryce Harper could get half a billion. :L

The highest paid player in baseball is Kershaw, getting 33 mil per. Machado will be lucky to match that. He'll need to get that over 10 years, just to break the 300 mil mark. So, it depends on the length of the contract, but there is zero chance that he nets 40 mil over 10 years.

It's complete hyperbole.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...

The same sensationalist journalists trying to tell us that Bryce Harper could get half a billion. :L

The highest paid player in baseball is Kershaw, getting 33 mil per. Machado will be lucky to match that. He'll need to get that over 10 years, just to break the 300 mil mark. So, it depends on the length of the contract, but there is zero chance that he nets 40 mil over 10 years.

It's complete hyperbole.
i could have listed 10 more sites but i presumed 4 would prove my point. maybe you don't know what the word
hyperbole' means? it's an obvious and intentional exaggeration. my pointing out multiple sites as references that indeed those are the numbers being thrown around a LOT actually means something. just because you personally don't think it can happen means nothing at all ... to anyone. it's just your personal opinion. and IF he gets it or close, you'll look pretty foolish for turning this into more than it should have been.