• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

abreu

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we saw a great first year. then we saw a good year. but down in every major category by a good deal. now? now it seems he's a .250 hitter and you can depend on him striking out or grounding out harmlessly in critical situations. in short ... he's gotten worse every year so far. the word is out on his vulnerabilities and he cannot seem to stop from that low and away sinker every time. is anyone else worried?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started out slow last yr too. It is getting annoying that he can't lay off the breaking ball down and away though

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
biggest disappointment of the season thus far and looks to be getting worse. he is killing this team .
they should bench him for more than a game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 for 27 over the past week. 5 multi-hit games out of those 7.

Looks to be getting it going.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to .280 and pacing for 30 home runs by the midway point? Very possible. Heating uuuuppppp

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope. but i can't help think of when ramirez used to do this ... and even eaton. 2 whole months of crap hitting and then bunching the numbers up so it looks good on the whole. meanwhile those two months when a timely hit could have won a few games are history. my question is still why does it take more than 2 months for a guy like abreu to hit like he should?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you think this somehow proves your point? what a laugh. writing about my concern for his 'slumps' is not hardly the same as saying he's older than he says, or saying his career is over. i have complained about ANY sox player in a slump, not just abreu! look closely at post number 6 in this thread. especially the part about "a guy like abreu to hit like he should?" would i say that if i thought he was already washed up? was older than he says and that's why he's washed up? and how about the rest of that post? maybe you think i think eaton is also too old and washed up? or ramirez was when he did this? i don't know what's worse ... your over the top 'everything is looking better all the time bullshit, or your inability to understand what you fucking read!
here i've been arguing with someone i thought was a liar but i'm beginning to think you're just stupid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get to see as many games as you guys do, but I try to at least follow the stats and the pattern of play with our boys. I have to say Abreu has been a bit disappointing of late, this may be the worst mid-season slump so far of his career. but he still has an entire half to find his groove.

I'm perhaps even more disappointed in Moncada, last night's game notwithstanding. I wasn't expecting all star numbers this year, but I thought there would at least be a definitive progression in his game from last season. It's way too early to define his worth to the club, but I sure hope he too can begin to find his groove.

One bright spot has been Garcia, at least the last few games. Not sure if he'll be trade bait come deadline time, but if he is, it sure helps that he's starting to resemble the Garcia of last season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bright spot has been Garcia, at least the last few games. Not sure if he'll be trade bait come deadline time, but if he is, it sure helps that he's starting to resemble the Garcia of last season.

i was thinking the same thing today. i've been very skeptical of avi but it does look like he's actually adjusted to the majors and at this point i hope they keep him for a couple reasons. one, i like having a couple vets stick with the team (avi and abreu) and two, i don't trust the sox 'brass' knows how to judge good young talent. so far their big trades haven't panned out too well (tho i know it's early too).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was thinking the same thing today. i've been very skeptical of avi but it does look like he's actually adjusted to the majors and at this point i hope they keep him for a couple reasons. one, i like having a couple vets stick with the team (avi and abreu) and two, i don't trust the sox 'brass' knows how to judge good young talent. so far their big trades haven't panned out too well (tho i know it's early too).
I sure hate having to agree with the bolded part...........but I have to agree. We do seem to struggle finding young quality talent. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that in the big picture, we will forge ahead to being an annual playoff contender. But not gonna lie, this season has soured that a bit. I wasn't expecting a post season appearance, but I thought we would be farther along. Guess I'll keep drinking the kool aid for a bit more, but it's not a bottomless glass any means

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hate having to agree with the bolded part...........but I have to agree. We do seem to struggle finding young quality talent. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that in the big picture, we will forge ahead to being an annual playoff contender. But not gonna lie, this season has soured that a bit. I wasn't expecting a post season appearance, but I thought we would be farther along. Guess I'll keep drinking the kool aid for a bit more, but it's not a bottomless glass any means

It took the Astros 3 straight years of 100+ losses to get to the team they have now. The Sox shouldn't have to wait that long but this year was never meant to be a winning one. I'm just glad they finally bit the bullet and followed the Astros (and Cubs) example.