• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

abreu up to his old tricks

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doing it again. starts out decent ... turns to shit thru more than half a season (last year wasn't as bad) and then turns it on so his numbers look pretty good at the end. this year it's worse because he let himself drop further than he usually does. i only know this kind of batting doesn't help the team much. i'd rather see someone who's consistent throughout the year.
it won't bother me all that much if they in fact trade him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described most hitters in baseball, though. Lol. Hot streaks, slumps... etc... Who the hell just hits around .300 flat every month? No one is more consistent than Abreu. Check the numbers year-to-year. Pretty much all there is to say.

Even if these guys hit... there's something wrong, eh? Abreu is hot (again) right at the stretch run of the season. What a nightmare :noidea:

Not his fault he's never played on a team in post-season contention during that time. Give me the guy who has his down months in the middle of the season and is hot at the right time. That's perfect.

That said... trading him is basically fine with me.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described most hitters in baseball, though. Lol. Hot streaks, slumps... etc... Who the hell just hits around .300 flat every month? No one is more consistent than Abreu. Check the numbers year-to-year. Pretty much all there is to say.

Even if these guys hit... there's something wrong, eh? Abreu is hot (again) right at the stretch run of the season. What a nightmare :noidea:

Not his fault he's never played on a team in post-season contention during that time. Give me the guy who has his down months in the middle of the season and is hot at the right time. That's perfect.

That said... trading him is basically fine with me.

just trying to drum up a little conversation. i like abreu and it's true he's had the misfortune of playing for the sox, but yeah, i think if they can get something good for him ... it's time.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the best player to trade for in fantasy at the all star break.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Despite that horrific mid-season slump, possibly the worst of his career to date, I'll be damned if he's not back on pace for 25-30 HRs and 100+ RBIs yet again. He'll have to maintain the hot bat thru the rest of the season to gitter done, but it's definitely doable.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Despite that horrific mid-season slump, possibly the worst of his career to date, I'll be damned if he's not back on pace for 25-30 HRs and 100+ RBIs yet again. He'll have to maintain the hot bat thru the rest of the season to gitter done, but it's definitely doable.

3 HR's and 24 RBI's over 6 weeks is not too hard. He'll probably do it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish he was more consistent. Glad to see him on his current tear, but we need his bat all summer, not just in spurts and not when the season is already a wash.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, just read where Abreu is out for at least two weeks. Apparently he had surgery on his lower abdomen/groin area - hernia? They don't say. In any event, that certainly doesn't help his chances of making his numbers this year. What a bummer, he was really playing well lately.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish he was more consistent. Glad to see him on his current tear, but we need his bat all summer, not just in spurts and not when the season is already a wash.
He kind of is extremely consistent. He’s started off the last 3 seasons slow and then caught fire down the home stretch of the season. Sadly the sox suck so it doesn’t mean much