• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A while back, I considered turning on the saints

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I'm considering it again. The thing that holds me back is if I do, they will win the SB. If the saints get turnovers next year they could have HFA. That's all they need is turnovers. But it's hard to share a team with fans I can't stand.

You don't have to worry about the Saints winning the SB anytime soon...I think they will be a competitive team this season, but imo the playoff is closing really fast with Brees being 38 y/o now and the DEF is still not ready to be a very good unit. You have to like the two DEF players they took at the top of the draft, but expecting them to be impact players this season is a reach. Get some injured guys back, they should be better, but IMO the DEF might be two years away from being a legit middle of the pack unit.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener said something that truly ticked me off. Using not knowing the playbook as an excuse to have the games he had last year. And this also makes me truly hate Sean Payton. What kind of head coach continues to get an ineffective player involved at the expense of us losing games?

Oh also, some saints fans think it's okay for Brees to wait three quarters to score because he will get his points in bunches and just needs the other offense to be held to 10 points for three quarters. Yeah, okay.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arodgers.0.gif
An amazing catch on a terrible throw. How did that receiver manage to grab that ball 2 yards out of bounds and still keep his feet in. Amazing catch.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener said something that truly ticked me off. Using not knowing the playbook as an excuse to have the games he had last year. And this also makes me truly hate Sean Payton. What kind of head coach continues to get an ineffective player involved at the expense of us losing games?

Oh also, some saints fans think it's okay for Brees to wait three quarters to score because he will get his points in bunches and just needs the other offense to be held to 10 points for three quarters. Yeah, okay.

Hating your coach seems a bit of a stretch since he's given you the best years in franchise history with a Super Bowl trophy. If you want to be annoyed, then be annoyed at your GM for not putting talent on the field and if Payton is also involved in player personnel then be annoyed with him as well but hate seems over the top.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times did Brees wait for the 4th quarter to score in bunches? The only game I can think from the top of my head where that happened was week 17 vs Atlanta.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just did my research. There were only 2X last year out of 16 games where the Saints scored in bunches in the 4th quarter after being shut down for the first 3 quarters. Those games took place in Carolina and Atlanta. They scored 17 in the 4th vs Carolina after being held to 3 in the first 3 quarters and scored 19 in the 4th vs Atlanta after being held to 13 in the first 3 quarters.

I don't why this kid is making it seem like it happened so frequently. It happened in 2 games out of 16. Give it a break.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just did my research. There were only 2X last year out of 16 games where the Saints scored in bunches in the 4th quarter after being shut down for the first 3 quarters. Those games took place in Carolina and Atlanta. They scored 17 in the 4th vs Carolina after being held to 3 in the first 3 quarters and scored 19 in the 4th vs Atlanta after being held to 13 in the first 3 quarters.

I don't why this kid is making it seem like it happened so frequently. It happened in 2 games out of 16. Give it a break.
Wait until Brees is done with football and he gets to see the next QB do his thing.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hating your coach seems a bit of a stretch since he's given you the best years in franchise history with a Super Bowl trophy. If you want to be annoyed, then be annoyed at your GM for not putting talent on the field and if Payton is also involved in player personnel then be annoyed with him as well but hate seems over the top.

Hating may be too strong an emotion, but even if Payton isn't involved in player personnel. He'd of peeved me because a case could be made that everyone in management has fucked up. By failing and doing so in miserable fashion to put together at the very least a half-ass decent defensive unit.

Have the Saints in Brees' time ever had a good defense? I know they had a ball hawk-ish one with a big year from Darren Sharper's ass their SB winning year. You can't depend on being a ball hawking defense year in, year out though.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden should have been fired the Second he won the Super Bowl. Winning means nothing for the Future. That said this is a different situation, though there are similarities...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always told my son " Ignore Ignorance ".

If you leave your team because of a few fans I will call bullshit because you can just ignore them, and because you can ignore them it wreaks of leaving a team while they are down.

For that last part, You are a wise man

As for the Ignorance part..... Becomes routine when you walk in my big shoes.

Another word of advice from one wise soul to another. "Ignorance and stupidity are the same thing. They can be rethought to others if you have the patience."

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's ok for fans to have inner fights

Hell the seahawks forum here had one almost all season last year.

Don't believe me ask any Seahawk poster or @NWPATSFAN they'll tell ya

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payton IS the one responsible for the talent on the field. And I will blame Payton. Because in case you do not realize, he has a ego like Jerry Jones, his mentor. He thinks he is entitled. He's also called some crap playcalls in several games last season. Only six games did Brees look like vintage Brees while he takes his time on all the other games hoping for the defense to bail him out for three quarters. Like the Detroit game.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did Brees wait for the 4th quarter to score in bunches? The only game I can think from the top of my head where that happened was week 17 vs Atlanta.

Week 2 @Giants
Week 3 vs Atlanta after the first drive(or late third)
Week 4 @SD after the first drive(14 points before three turnovers to win)
Week 11 @Carolina
Week 13 vs Detroit
Week 14 @TB(they actually scored NO TDs)
Week 17 vs Atlanta

Also games low scoring at the half
Week 7 @KC
Week 8 vs Seattle
Week 10 vs Denver
Week 17 vs TB

This is not the Brees of old. Only scoring one TD in first half games as much as he's had. People can say it's age but there's no proof. It has a lot to do with inconsistent oline and people holding the offense back like Fleener. Colston also cost us games in his later years and SP was too loyal to him for two more seasons after 2013. His fumbles against Atlanta and SF cost us the playoffs and his drops in 2015 cost us some games such as Tennessee.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those two games happen to be division games too. And I just broke the rest down.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Brees is done with football and he gets to see the next QB do his thing.

So what? The next QB won't be as good as Brees that's obvious but he won't need to as that money for Brees can go towards a better defense and having a superstar RB. The only issue here is that Payton is gonna think he can turn the next QB into Brees because of his ego. Thank goodness we did not draft that QB who I don't see being anything close to Brees. When Brees is done, Payton will die a slow death.

Still, does Rodgers wait three quarters to score his first or second TDs in so many games? I don't think so.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you expect them to score points on every drive and avg 50 PPG.....got it

No but I expect maybe 10-14 points going into the fourth. Converting some field goals into touchdowns. It's not the same offense. Face it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're fine with six measly points at Carolina, 13 at Atlanta, and 3 against Detroit before the fourth Q? Tell me a 2008, 2009, or 2011 saints team that had points like that before the fourth? Tell me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this may come as a surprise to Brees but there will be quarters/halves where even the top offensive teams get shutdown.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're fine with six measly points at Carolina, 13 at Atlanta, and 3 against Detroit before the fourth Q? Tell me a 2008, 2009, or 2011 saints team that had points like that before the fourth? Tell me.

I never said I was fine with it but I'm not going to throw a big stink about it like you are. Brees is obviously older and the offensive isn't as explosive as it was back in 2008-2009. That was nearly a decade ago. You're living in fantasy land.