• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A visit to the house of horrors.......Oakland 09/22-09/24

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please pay special attention to all the great starting pitchers the Rangers have brought up to the majors that have been cultivated on JDs watch.

Try naming all the great starting pitchers who are currently playing for the GM that cultivated them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try naming all the great starting pitchers who are currently playing for the GM that cultivated them.
Forget him Eph. He troll quite often.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of our wealth we have made trades that have come back to bite due to only one reason. We did not win the WS. If that happens the trades are genius. Many bashed Elvis extension. But it is looking good now. Might be the same with Odor with a few tweaks. Of course we would like Brinson now but we have a young stud CF in our system.

All this venom re JD is not a good look IMO. Not everything he touches turns to gold but I think we are fortunate to have him. And he is highly regarded in the market

Ok I am done

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish Perez and Holland were all victims of TJS and have to be replaced without time or choice

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish Perez and Holland were all victims of TJS and have to be replaced without time or choice

Dutch didn't have TJS, I don't believe. Knee and shoulder surgeries. Your point remains intact, though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dutch didn't have TJS, I don't believe. Knee and shoulder surgeries. Your point remains intact, though.
Correct. Tripped over the dog.lol

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please pay special attention to all the great starting pitchers the Rangers have brought up to the majors that have been cultivated on JDs watch.

Definitely not chi chi, lu jax, or little Nicky

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just such an ignorant "point" to try and make... like it's really simple to just develop a TORP.
Agreed that Gonzalez pitched well tonight. No argument there.

But I'm not saying every pitcher has to be a TORP. I'm saying the systemic failure of the Texas Rangers under JD has been the lack of development of good arms. And that, more than anything, is the key to being a championship contender in MLB. I'm not saying he's never done anything good. Of course he has. But my hope was that he would change the Rangers organizational culture to a pitching - rich system. Instead we are regressing to the Rangers of old: HRs, tons of Ks, poor bullpen, and offensive players with very limited defensive skill.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And bear in mind until this season Elvis Andrus hasn't played anywhere close to the contract he got from JD.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side Bar: Saw on the DFW news that Pudge was doing MUCH for the people in Puerto Rico. He was in tears.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never blame a 1-0 loss on your pitcher.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we brought up Holland and Feliz this team has struggled mightily in developing pitching. JD is not one of the worst general managers by any means, but the time for thinking he is beyond criticism is far past. There are many fans and media members who refuse to ever blame him and those folks are living in the past. Since the WS years JD has made his share of mistakes and it has cost us. This board has been pretty good about not being too extreme one way or another for several months now. There have been times in the past when you mentioned something negative about JD that some folks would take it personally like he was a close relative of theirs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we brought up Holland and Feliz this team has struggled mightily in developing pitching. JD is not one of the worst general managers by any means, but the time for thinking he is beyond criticism is far past. There are many fans and media members who refuse to ever blame him and those folks are living in the past. Since the WS years JD has made his share of mistakes and it has cost us. This board has been pretty good about not being too extreme one way or another for several months now. There have been times in the past when you mentioned something negative about JD that some folks would take it personally like he was a close relative of theirs.
He is not perfect for certain. The Odor extension has begun to get fans attention.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I recall Romeo being the most hardcore JD loyalist and he would cuss people out for criticizing JD in any way, shape, or form.