• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Fresh Thread. Fox/Forte/Alshon a question...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this a while back and wanted to have a conversation (*speculation?) about the meaning... here goes:

Back when Matt Forte was injured this season it was reported that Fox told him something to the effect of: "Don't play until you're 100%...you don't want to have "bad" film out there for Free Agency."

This goes to why Forte didn't come back for 3 games. When in the past he would have gutted it out and played at 80%... This tells me a couple things: 1. Forte knew he wouldn't be back to Chicago. 2. Fox is protective of his players, even if they don't play for him... (*players coach, why players like him & and buy-in for him)

Now the speculation: Alshon Jeffery- was injured a lot this past year- in a contract year... Is it possible that Fox told Alshon the same? Don't play until you're 100%... you don't want bad film out there? Fox protecting his player... but this would be kinda counter productive for the Bears franchise... if he played injured- his production would be down. (*which it was anyway) and that could give the Bears leverage for lower contract offer. IF he didn't play until 100% he could have been more productive- Giving him leverage in Free Agency.

This is all kinda a moot point now with the franchise tag... just thought this thing from Fox was interesting. And I just wanted to create a new thread to read. :)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing? Ha... just trying to get something else going.

What do you guys do outside of Bears season? What else do you watch? Do actually have lives outside of Bears football?... Or are we just focused on the All-22 films from last year looking to nitpick everything that Cutler did? HA!

I'm looking forward to catching some Cubs games this summer and I plan on getting some Blackhawks playoff tickets... I also really want to play in a DraftTournament.com hockey weekend, but its' crazy expensive. Was looking at the closest one in Nashville, but can't swing it with work. I've taken my college quarterbacking skills to the ice! I'm a hockey player now. Obsessed!! Seriously I love it.. so much fun. About a month before my 37th birthday I started this new challenge and it's been a blast. Great workout too. One year in and I can't get enough... skating 2-3 times a week.
Can you guys tell I'm bored? Rambling. Here's a picture of me talking to the ref. Yeah I'm a badass. Ha. Hockey Blue.jpg

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I do outside of the Bears and a little on the Hoop?

Work......union roofer out of Local11 in Chicago.Just got back from the foremans meeting.
Got snow here last night app.2 inches so I decided to stay home rather than do repairs for the day and now I`m gonna be leaving to work on my other house...........
And after Bear season,i`m looking forward to the March Madness tourney and all the pools involved with it.......
Then after that,its Cubbie Blue season and the way they've played last year and all the SportsHoopla surrounding them this up and coming season,it could be a fun one............looking forward to it.
March 11th taking the wife,son and daughter to the Bulls /Heat game.Not a huge fan of b-ball since MJ retired,but the daughter has never been to one so I bought tix for a xmas present.........
And as far the Hawks.........meh,never been a fan of hockey,but im definetley happy for that team and the city of Chicago........

How was that for rambling? lol.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting timing was the Falcons letting Roddy White go yesterday with alot more guaranteed money. Probably be playing with the Patriots next year on the cheep. We will see how Alshon holds up.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Bears, I don't really watch a ton of sports these days. Basketball died with MJ. Baseball, I'll watch the World Series, but that's about it. The season is too bloody long. Catch an occasional hockey game, but not militantly er nothing.

After the Super Bowl, it's March Madness, The Draft and The Masters. Then its fishing, floating, golfing and yard work season, right up to the NFL season again:)

My wife and I own and operate a business just between the two of us, and we have a 4 yr old daughter and a 7 month old son, so there is not a whole lot of idle time, so to speak.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon's production was not down. In fact, on a 16 game pace, he would have had 108 receptions and 1,618 yards with 8 TD's. He started 8 games... and had 809 yards 54 catches for 8 TD's. That's pretty damn good. lol. Averaged 100 yards per game.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Bears, I don't really watch a ton of sports these days. Basketball died with MJ. Baseball, I'll watch the World Series, but that's about it. The season is too bloody long. Catch an occasional hockey game, but not militantly er nothing.

After the Super Bowl, it's March Madness, The Draft and The Masters. Then its fishing, floating, golfing and yard work season, right up to the NFL season again:)

My wife and I own and operate a business just between the two of us, and we have a 4 yr old daughter and a 7 month old son, so there is not a whole lot of idle time, so to speak.

Damn BD........With a 4yr old and a 7 month old,owning you own business,thats enough to keep you all types of busy........Kids are very exhausting.....But enjoy it while you can.They grow up so damn fast....Glad my son is grown up,28 yrs old and the daughter is 19 and in her 2nd year of community college....So yeah,I`m basically getting up there in age(53)...........Prime age if you ask me.lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn BD........With a 4yr old and a 7 month old,owning you own business,thats enough to keep you all types of busy........Kids are very exhausting.....But enjoy it while you can.They grow up so damn fast....Glad my son is grown up,28 yrs old and the daughter is 19 and in her 2nd year of community college....So yeah,I`m basically getting up there in age(53)...........Prime age if you ask me.lol

I'll be 40 in a month. But I'm 2 years removed from a surprise double bypass tho, so I feel like 60. Congenital Coronary Artery Disease. Perfectly healthy otherwise. Kind of a drag. I'm 6 foot, just under 200 lbs, so a hair overweight, but nothing crazy. My Mom's side is rife with it. My Aunt dropped dead at 52 with no symptoms other than right before it happened. I did smoke for 25 years tho and prolly did enough drugs to kill a horse, so there's that, but all of it makes me feel even more overwhelmed. Thank God for my wife, or I'da prolly dropped dead years ago.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there is no Bears game on I fish/work/children in that order I'm told. Live by Lake Erie currently so I'm taking advantage of that. Really only follow the Bears & ND football nowadays. Do watch the playoffs of any Chicago sport teams. Now go to bed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Bears/NFL off-season goes. I'm a pretty big White Sox fan as well. I like watching basketball, even though it's probably the third sport on my totem pole. March Madness is unbelievable though. I still feel like a 12 year old kid again every year when the bracket comes out. After the Bears, that's probably my favorite sports related event there is.

This year I started getting into Premier League soccer a bit. I NEVER in a million years thought I would be that guy, but I have one buddy who finally sucked me in when we watched a couple of matches at his place.

Also have a couple of vices in that I'm big into Daily Fantasy (Draftkings, Fanduel, etc...)... and... Sports betting. lol, Not in a degenerate way, but it's made me some good spending money over the years. So why not?

Outside of all of that, I just moved up to Northern Michigan for work this past June. I've been doing a lot of snowboarding and skiing. When summer comes around, that'll turn into golfing and fishing. Also, does drinking count as an activity? I've always been pretty good at that!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there is no Bears game on I fish/work/children in that order I'm told. Live by Lake Erie currently so I'm taking advantage of that. Really only follow the Bears & ND football nowadays. Do watch the playoffs of any Chicago sport teams. Now go to bed.

You're told?........ You don't know? :lol:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of work or business you all do or run?

As I said,I'm a union roofer out of Chicago local11.Working on my 36th full season there.
I quit school and my Dad worked there at the time and got me a job thinking I'd quit and go back to school.(yeah right.I was too dumb for that). Its the only job Ive ever had.
I started there while my graduating class was still in highschool....:doh:
Oh yeah,and its flat roofing...... None of that back breaking shingling.:nono:
Its kind if seasonal and weather friendly, but pays damn well.....

So Joey, how's that for still rambling on?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of work or business you all do or run?

As I said,I'm a union roofer out of Chicago local11.Working on my 36th full season there.
I quit school and my Dad worked there at the time and got me a job thinking I'd quit and go back to school.(yeah right.I was too dumb for that). Its the only job Ive ever had.
I started there while my graduating class was still in highschool....:doh:
Oh yeah,and its flat roofing...... None of that back breaking shingling.:nono:
Its kind if seasonal and weather friendly, but pays damn well.....

So Joey, how's that for still rambling on?

smart man.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing? Ha... just trying to get something else going.
I did try doing internet searches using various key word combinations from your post, Joey. Bupkis. Apparently no one else found anything either? In lieu of the concussion protocol in place, as well as player safety issues (like sneezing on a QB draws a penalty), it wouldn't surprise me that coaches tell players not to rush back after an injury.

As for me personally, life has thrown me plenty of lemons the last decade or so. Trying to make lemonade. I never thought I'd ever be this old, or would need to keep working so hard. But I have great friends and a wife who loves me (after 26 years). Try to escape with fantasy football - Love it. And like Joey, I'm still active playing ice hockey (20 years) but have been playing a lot less lately. If I die, I hope they have to pick me up off the ice, rather than at the job.

Too dark?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averagejoe, Where do you play? Chicago area? just curious. I'm in Central Illinois so U of I Ice Arena's GIANT ice for Fall & Winter league & Bloomington for summer league and some LTP. My skills have improved my leaps and bounds since I started a year ago.
Being new to the game, I am truly obsessed now. It's great. I turn 38 at the end of the month. I played just about everything growing up and skated a lot when I was a kid, but Hockey was crazy expensive for my family. So football, basketball, baseball...were it. Now I really wish I could have played when I was younger.
Keep makin that lemonade!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averagejoe, Where do you play? Chicago area? just curious.
Yes, NW suburbs. We play in Hoffman Estates. (Where the Chicago Wolves practice.)

Joey, since you play offense I hope you're not a cherry picker? You know, someone who hangs out at the blue line while the rest of his team does all the work? Also hope you're not a stick slammer? As in someone who is always banging their stick on the ice to get the puck. Can you tell I play defense?
:hockeysmile:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, NW suburbs. We play in Hoffman Estates. (Where the Chicago Wolves practice.)

Joey, since you play offense I hope you're not a cherry picker? You know, someone who hangs out at the blue line while the rest of his team does all the work? Also hope you're not a stick slammer? As in someone who is always banging their stick on the ice to get the puck. Can you tell I play defense?
:hockeysmile:
Nah, I'm a try-hard/grinder kinda player in every sport I've played- just how I'm wired. Backchecking & pressuring the puck. (the guys I'm playing with now thought I had more experience, than they saw how I stick handle- ha) I'm still learning the little nuances of the game and getting a better feel for it. Got some good experienced line mates now, and we can even get a cycle going most of the time. Had a great give & go this past Sunday and I hit the damn goalie in the chest. I'm 6'2" & lefty shot- kinda rare here. (our capt. was an Asst. U of I club coach has helped a lot) I'm just loving every second- hope my knees and back hold out for a couple more years- football wasn't kind.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this look odd to you guys? Think I should get this looked at? lol
dislocated finger.jpg

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1