• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A fair and honest evaluation of the 2017 West Virginia Schedule.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like their top returning WR is not playing for WVU this year (Durante) and one of their other WRs - Simms who would play this year is suspended. Also with LB Long being injured may play a factor in the first few games for WVU this year. Would be interested to hear from @ralphiewvu on this.
No, our top returning WR here at WRU is KaRaun White (Kevins lil bro) and he is fine n dandy. Durante is a mystery at this point, he may or may not be back. He left for a death in the family and it was reported he needed some time and since then Dana said he didn't know when or if he would be back ( Dana is famous for not letting much out about situations like that), he may trot out there on game day, we don't know yet.
Simms is out for sure for our game but the WR spot is in good shape, unless there is a rash of injuries/bonehead stunts like Simms' between now and gametime we will be good offensively.
Long being out will hurt I would think but then... nobody had heard of him this time last year, he developed and worked his way to a starter role and Dana has said that everyone "looks the same be it starter or backup" due to better recruiting and development and just because you start in the Big12 defensively doesn't mean much because we all have to rotate players so much to keep up with the offenses so, not a starter but not green either so..we'll see what Dana and Gibby have up their sleeve there.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, our top returning WR here at WRU is KaRaun White (Kevins lil bro) and he is fine n dandy. Durante is a mystery at this point, he may or may not be back. He left for a death in the family and it was reported he needed some time and since then Dana said he didn't know when or if he would be back ( Dana is famous for not letting much out about situations like that), he may trot out there on game day, we don't know yet.
Simms is out for sure for our game but the WR spot is in good shape, unless there is a rash of injuries/bonehead stunts like Simms' between now and gametime we will be good offensively.
Long being out will hurt I would think but then... nobody had heard of him this time last year, he developed and worked his way to a starter role and Dana has said that everyone "looks the same be it starter or backup" due to better recruiting and development and just because you start in the Big12 defensively doesn't mean much because we all have to rotate players so much to keep up with the offenses so, not a starter but not green either so..we'll see what Dana and Gibby have up their sleeve there.

TL;DR

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana has learned and adopted some of Bill Snyders tricks on taking in players from JUCO's and low star ratings ( or no rating at all)and making them effective and sometimes star players. I'm interested to see How Spavital does 2nd time around in Morgantown with Grier, if memory serves he coached Geno Smith here then Johnny Manziel at A&M and then Davis Webb to a good statistical year at Cal last year. Offense aint gonna be a problem unless we get bit by the injury bug.

Not looking for an argument or debate, but Bill Snyder's tricks and secrets can only be copied
if WVU employs the same offense and defense that they do at Kan St. K-State can get by
doing some of the things they do, because Snyder plays it as close to the vest as one can get.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like their top returning WR is not playing for WVU this year (Durante) and one of their other WRs - Simms who would play this year is suspended. Also with LB Long being injured may play a factor in the first few games for WVU this year. Would be interested to hear from @ralphiewvu on this.

My first thought is screw you Shelton Gibson for trading the potential to be a 2nd round pick for being a 5th round pick a year earlier. (I'm sure you feel the same way @amszete on Evans leaving early.)

I'm not sure what to think man. @GoldRusher is right, White is our best returning talent since Durante has been gone for a while. We also have a guy that played two years ago and came back after JC and is A receiver again, David sills. But the lack of depth is concerning.

Losing long on D will hurt. Considering we lost over 2/3 of or D from graduation, I'm not excited to open up with you.

Ohh an I hate the turkeys

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking for an argument or debate, but Bill Snyder's tricks and secrets can only be copied
if WVU employs the same offense and defense that they do at Kan St. K-State can get by
doing some of the things they do, because Snyder plays it as close to the vest as one can get.
Dana does the same exact thing only using HIS system, he HAS to at WVU just like Snyder HAS to at KState, the system doesn't matter. They both get players that fit their individual systems rather than trying to out recruit some other schools which is very difficult at both places. They get body types and kids that have something to prove then develop rather than trying to go H2H with programs with built in (in state HS kids) advantages for high rated recruits.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought is screw you Shelton Gibson for trading the potential to be a 2nd round pick for being a 5th round pick a year earlier. (I'm sure you feel the same way @amszete on Evans leaving early.)

I'm not sure what to think man. @GoldRusher is right, White is our best returning talent since Durante has been gone for a while. We also have a guy that played two years ago and came back after JC and is A receiver again, David sills. But the lack of depth is concerning.

WR is not a problem at WVU, when was the last time we came out of a season and said "man, our WR's were terrible this year"? And keep in mind Grier is by far the best QB we have had under center since Geno. He will make our WR's job a lot easier.

White was having a great year until he broke his foot last year, he stays healthy, he has a monster year this year.

Gary Jennings was waiting his turn behind Shorts (Buffalo Bills), he's ready.

Sills has shown flashes and has god size (6'3 200#) he will be a tough matchup.

Roberson is young but he was running track in the spring and hitting 4.3 40's.

Maiden is another JUCO 6'5" 200 guy

McCoy plays some slot out of the backfield

Bush is young but he has looked good according to coaches and is the next jitterbug type..

We have PLENTY or fire power at WR and always will as long as Holgorsen is the HC.

Now, we start dropping big guys, QB's and DB's..... then, I'm gettin nervous :(.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is not a problem at WVU, when was the last time we came out of a season and said "man, our WR's were terrible this year"? And keep in mind Grier is by far the best QB we have had under center since Geno. He will make our WR's job a lot easier.

White was having a great year until he broke his foot last year, he stays healthy, he has a monster year this year.

Gary Jennings was waiting his turn behind Shorts (Buffalo Bills), he's ready.

Sills has shown flashes and has god size (6'3 200#) he will be a tough matchup.

Roberson is young but he was running track in the spring and hitting 4.3 40's.

Maiden is another JUCO 6'5" 200 guy

McCoy plays some slot out of the backfield

Bush is young but he has looked good according to coaches and is the next jitterbug type..

We have PLENTY or fire power at WR and always will as long as Holgorsen is the HC.

Now, we start dropping big guys, QB's and DB's..... then, I'm gettin nervous :(.

I forgot about Jennings, nice catch. Still you named a few guys who have no experience in this offense. Gibson should have never of left and losing Durante hurts. I'm worried about the depth more then anything. But since Dana has run the ball more and more with each passing year I guess I shouldn't worry so much.

I just want to win. Losing long on D may hurt though. That unit is young.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L Virginia Tech@Fedex Field/Holgerson gets his shit pushed in game one from a better coach in Fuente.

The bottom line here is that Justin Fuente knows how to finish and win games and Dana Holgerson doesn't.
Greer did better than expected, but just not quite enough to get the job done.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line here is that Justin Fuente knows how to finish and win games and Dana Holgerson doesn't.

Fuck off oppi

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like WV has a shitty QB that was benched at a shitty offensive team in Florida. If they got a Lamar Jackson type it would be interesting.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.

Grier > Shitham
I'm not happy with my QB right now. Would be more worried if he had as many games under his belt as Grier and still played like he did.

You do realize Grier lost this game and missed some wide open guys that would have easily won this?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like WV has a shitty QB that was benched at a shitty offensive team in Florida. If they got a Lamar Jackson type it would be interesting.
he was benched because he doped himself up at gnc.....371 yards 3 tds 1 int and a chance at the end (sign me up for another qb as shitty as him)