• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Dumbass Idea I Just Had Just Now About the WC's

How Dumb is this

• Dumb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How much have you had to drink today, Mr. Moose?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • It's not dumb, dummy

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Superdumb

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if instead of 1 game wildcard, we have a doubleheader with a potential game 3 the following night if it's a split?

Game two still has the feel of an elimination game, giving the day a sense of tension all day. It keeps baseball on, all day. Additionally, and obviously, game 3 would also be an elimination game. This would in theory make the #1 seed valuable and worth pursuing seriously. MLB could have constant attention on a weekend to kick off the playoffs on an almost 24/7 basis.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if instead of 1 game wildcard, we have a doubleheader with a potential game 3 the following night if it's a split?

Game two still has the feel of an elimination game, giving the day a sense of tension all day. It keeps baseball on, all day. Additionally, and obviously, game 3 would also be an elimination game. This would in theory make the #1 seed valuable and worth pursuing seriously. MLB could have constant attention on a weekend to kick off the playoffs on an almost 24/7 basis.
i like you, so i was kind and went for the potato salad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of it, but it's probably a bit silly.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a huge fan of the double header, although if I was the MLB Commish, I would make these changes.

Wild Card games are best out of 3

After that all series go 7 games, with normal breaks like the regular season, with the only break being for travel days.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be too debilitating for the wildcard teams. They'd wipe out there best starters and most of their pen in one day. Plus, no one wants to see the back ups and you'd probably see some in game 2. Increased chance for injury.

The Korean league has an interesting wild card system. If the wild card team with the better record wins it's over. If the wild card team with the lesser record wins they play a 2nd game and whoever wins that moves on. It rewards the team with the better record while only adding one game at most.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a huge fan of the double header, although if I was the MLB Commish, I would make these changes.

Wild Card games are best out of 3

After that all series go 7 games, with normal breaks like the regular season, with the only break being for travel days.

Good stuff.

They both have potential.

I would endorse either of them.

:suds:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 3. It's a good idea if you ask me and 1 I'd like to see happen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you-are-so-dumb.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to be honest it's not that bad of an idea... I mean it's not like teams during this period don't have players.

However I don't see the players union ever going for this

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to have to disagree with you on being a dumbass idea. It's good to see new idea's shared, we need more of that, especially in the Political Forum.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make it only a double header and the winner is chosen on aggregate score