• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Dodger Writers Trade Idea

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark TImmons

Posted on November 15, 2014

Blockbuster!

It’s clear to me that Matt Kemp has the most value of any Dodger outfielder and I think Friedman and Zaidi believe in selling too nearly than too late. The Seattle Mariners could sure use a RH cleanup hitter and more outfield help. I have the solution.
Trade Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford (both would help Seattle immensely, even if Crawford only played 120 games) and Zach Lee or Chris Anderson, along with $20 million a year for the next three years to the M’s for Taijuan Walker and Tyler Marlette.
Walker should be ready to bloom and Marlette is a solid, if not Top Catching Prospect. The Dodgers need to fill their Catcher Pipeline! The M’s have a bunch of below average performers in the outfield and would upgrade immensely with Kemp and Crawford. They would probably let Kemp play CF where he would be happy as a hog in slop. Crawford and Cano back-to-back ahead of Kemp would be a boon for the Mariners.
The trade could even be one for one – Kemp for Walker. Would Seattle do it? Maybe! I covet Walker! Do the Dodgers? I hear that Seattle covets Kemp – a marriage made in heaven?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be $140 million in contract money taken over during the next 5 seasons, even with the $20 million thrown in by the Dodgers.

That would average to another $25 million over the next 5 years for the M's.

i would approve of this deal wholeheartedly, but I simply cannot make myself believe that nintendo will spend real money 2 years in a row. i don't want to get my hopes up.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take it......nintendo wont but i would

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, maybe $20M for all 5 years left on Kemp's deal. It would still save Dodgers about $60M overall.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather wait to see what you can get on the FA market so you don't have to give up Walker and be on the hook for Kemp's 22 mill per in 2018+2019.....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's always fun+easy to play GM and spend other peoples money!
It should be fun and easy to spend your own money too if you're a billionaire.

Seriously, there's no way spending a shitload of money is a bad thing for a person with more than they can burn, when major league baseball is the way it is. The return on investment is already gonna make you money.

I think the difference is that these people now take making money as a hobby or obsession and have to turn a profit everywhere in order to send a deal through. On the other hand you have Steve Ballmer who had absolutely no problem dropping $2B on the Clippers because he just wanted an NBA team. Ballmer is never going to regret or even feel the implications of spending $2B, even if it just disappeared one day. He'd be just fine.

It's time to spend some money Nintendo. It's the least you could do for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be fun and easy to spend your own money too if you're a billionaire.

Seriously, there's no way spending a shitload of money is a bad thing for a person with more than they can burn, when major league baseball is the way it is. The return on investment is already gonna make you money.

I think the difference is that these people now take making money as a hobby or obsession and have to turn a profit everywhere in order to send a deal through. On the other hand you have Steve Ballmer who had absolutely no problem dropping $2B on the Clippers because he just wanted an NBA team. Ballmer is never going to regret or even feel the implications of spending $2B, even if it just disappeared one day. He'd be just fine.

It's time to spend some money Nintendo. It's the least you could do for us.

This is why I've never understood the Mariners philosophy in spending. They spend so much on PR but not on the product that actually makes them money. Even the year that they spent 100 million and lost 100 games did they really lose money? You have to spend money to make money in baseball.

Economically the team cannot afford to keep playing cheap. Inevitably the NBA and NHL will come to Seattle cutting into their profits and the eventual television money bubble is going to burst. They need to turn casual fans into lifers which seems to be the biggest flaw in their model, they cater to the fan who will spend a couple hundred dollars on the team instead of the thousands of dollars.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach it my brother. :suds: