• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A current ranking of the NFL stadiums

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the Eagles stadium was do high.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only ever been to Heinz Field and Paul Brown Stadium, as every single game I've actually been to, is Steelers vs. Bengals lol (been 11 times).

I've always thought Denver had a beautiful stadium and field up there in the mountains. Heinz Field is alright I guess, I still miss ol' Three Rivers, though; that place was magical, as much of a dump as it was.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @seattle getting all these "happy accidents." They must lead the NFL in this category.

Happy Accidents, Seattle Seahawks history:

4. Richard Sherman not called for pass interference on Julio Jones (2016)

3. Kam Chancellor not called for batting ball out of end zone (2015)

2. Replacement refs have difficulty with the catch rule -- not that part of the catch rule but the part that says if a guy wearing white catches the ball it should not be ruled that the guy in blue caught it instead (2012).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you're buddies are retarded.
Actually what he says is true. The stadium minus the history isn't special. There isn't anything to do in GB. Hotels do suck and charge outrageous prices during home games.

However, not mentioned are some of the pros. The fans are awesome. Totally respectful. They have the best tailgating where they offer out of town fans beer and brats. Fans during the game sit so everyone can see. They run free shuttles to and from the game from downtown hotels. I guess lots of these would be more part of the expirence rather than the actual stadium?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to 12 different stadiums. Seattle's rocked the loudest and was nice. KC had the nicest fans I've been around and it was loud. I like Arizona the least. It feels like a factory with all the steel beams. Had the most fun in Dallas cause TO was killing them (The old stadium). I loves the old Vet even if was a dump. Don't like the acoustics of the Eagles new stadium

Linc is a good stadium and would have been great if they constructed it properly to hold the noise in.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what he says is true. The stadium minus the history isn't special. There isn't anything to do in GB. Hotels do suck and charge outrageous prices during home games.

However, not mentioned are some of the pros. The fans are awesome. Totally respectful. They have the best tailgating where they offer out of town fans beer and brats. Fans during the game sit so everyone can see. They run free shuttles to and from the game from downtown hotels. I guess lots of these would be more part of the expirence rather than the actual stadium?
I thought Lambeau was awesome when I went. I had great seats though. The team shop is gigantic and the Hall of Fame and SB trophy tour is spectacular as well.

Also Green Bay is in the process of developing a pretty awesome Titletown district right next to the stadium.

Packers.com | Titletown District

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to games in

Bank of America
Paul Brown
Georgia Dome
SuperDome
EverBank (Jacksonville)
M&T Bank
Hard Rock
FedEx

And would rank them in that order, best to worst. Most of them are pretty similar. The overall experience at FedEx is by far the worst. Was at Gillette, but didn't see a game. It seemed...fine.

Edit: now that I actually write them out, of 8 NFL stadiums to see games in, the whole list is pretty shitty.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the action is not in the city's night life or its hotels but rather in and around the parking lots before and after the game and in the stadium itself during the game
I look forward to being at the opener.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the action is not in the city's night life or its hotels but rather in and around the parking lots before and after the game and in the stadium itself during the game

I definitely base my ranking on stadiums to include the parking lot experience and then in game atmosphere. Not really going to a game to worry about the nightlife or hotels. That is why for me I have ranked Arrowhead above all other experiences I have been to. There is just as much energy in the parking lot before the game as there is in the game and that is saying a lot. I've never been to Green Bay before though so definitely adding it to the list of places to experience.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the NFL stadiums I've been to:

Best Overall:
Arrowhead- KC - Old but well designed, great tailgating, locals are friendly

Best Tailgating:

Old Sombrero - Tampa Bay - The natural Park area by the old stadium was awesome, never seen anything like it. Great tailgating and the fans were great too. Went to the last game at the old sombrero.

Average to bad gameday experience (in order):

Old Orange Bowl - Miami - dump, good showing of Patriot fans tho
Old Schaefer Stadium - Foxboro - What a dump, many of the college stadiums in the Big8 were nicer (probably why Chuck left).
Meadowlands - NJ - forgettable experience, really not a fan of Jersey or reclaimed swamplands
Old MileHigh - Denver - Never felt the stands physically move/shake like in Denver - unsettling, rickety old stadium - bad memories!
Shea Stadium - NY - Its a baseball field, but at least it's actually in New York
Qualcomm - SD - California football fans run a close second to English soccer fans.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lambeau was awesome when I went. I had great seats though. The team shop is gigantic and the Hall of Fame and SB trophy tour is spectacular as well.

Also Green Bay is in the process of developing a pretty awesome Titletown district right next to the stadium.

Packers.com | Titletown District
I'm not disrespecting the stadium. I had great seats as well. But it's an older stadium even though it's been renovated and expanded plenty of times. It just doesn't stack up against the newer stadiums. There was nothing great about any of the concessions.

Also many stadiums have a title town like area. Not sure why people still call it title town? Many stadiums have great/super sized team shops.

I loved my expirence and hope to see another game there in the future.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disrespecting the stadium. I had great seats as well. But it's an older stadium even though it's been renovated and expanded plenty of times. It just doesn't stack up against the newer stadiums. There was nothing great about any of the concessions.

Also many stadiums have a title town like area. Not sure why people still call it title town? Many stadiums have great/super sized team shops.

I loved my expirence and hope to see another game there in the future.
I mentioned the Titletown district in reference to the narrative that there is nothing to do in Green Bay. Also why would people all of a sudden stop calling something by the name it's had for years? That would be pretty strange.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's stadium is pretty cool. Annoys me they brought up the whole Richard Sherman/Jones thing. Jones smacked Sherman in the head knocking him off balance... refs let em' play after that. Fair call, but naturally sports media makes a giant controversy out of it because it's news... That said, Seattle #2? No tailgating scene. It's a cool stadium and deserving of top 10 IMO, but not #2.

I do agree actually with Dallas being on the list bottom 5. I went to a Saints/Cowboys game with a co-worker one time when I was down in Dallas for business. The outside is MASSIVE and a sight to behold but I had two big issues with the inside: 1) It felt like a giant Costco or something. So sterile and plain inside. 2) The TV. Yah it's cool for replays and whatever, but if you're seated high up (which I was, wasn't going to shell out massive cash for two teams I could give a shit about) you keep wanting to watch the screen. At that point it's like: "Guess I should just stay at home." The traffic is also COMPLETELY insane there due to zero public transit in Dallas.

Washington will forever be ranked #32 IMO because of that shit field that has caused so many injuries. I cringe whenever Seattle has to play there.

I get Lambeau has history, but IMO shouldn't be #1 just because of that. I've heard it's not really that great concession/features wise, and the blistering cold weather while very 'footbally' doesn't necessarily make me want to go.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only stadiums that are a must for me to see before I die? Arrowhead, AT&T and now Mercedes.
I have been to the Super dome many times as a kid........but it was to watch the Jazz play. I think they paid my dad to take the tickets.