• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9ers vs Bears

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Giants.

Haha yea the Warriors and Giants are a great alternative.. IF you like baseball and basketball.

Me? My second favorite sport is.............. lacrosse... umm yea, no one gives a crap about lacrosse. But I guess I'll be out in the cold ass March winds in Annapolis watching Navy play lacrosse this year LOL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the Giants.

Yes, my bad. My son loves the SF Giants and I am going to some games this year too. I have a good season ticket connection. My girlfriend is an A's fan so I am getting tickets for the Bay Bridge series

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My interest in football has waned for probably 2 decades, but since I've all but given up on the other 3 North American professional sports, I still hang on. I don't really care much that the franchise is in the toilet - it won't affect my decisions towards the team - but I certainly have no issues with people jumping ship if they feel the captain is essentially trying to Titanic the franchise.

That is how I feel. If the ownership is going status quo with the FO, then they really utterly clueless or don't give a damn.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've remained a loyal fan, but it's been hard to watch the games. Forget about winning, but how about being competitive and entertaining. Niners are neither and so I have decided to take my daughter and son golfing on Sundays. My daughter plays high school golf and she plays quite well. She shot a 68 (4 under) to win the North Area tournament. Not bad for a freshman. My ten year old son shoots low 40's from the white tees. I would rather have an enjoyable day rather than watching the Niners.

I can take some years of losing. It happens to all teams eventually. The run of the Patriots has been remarkable because of Bellicheck and Brady but even for them it will come to end one day and the Patriots run is pretty rare these days. I don't mind the losing if the FO is taking action to get back on track. It is really clear after two poor seasons that changes need to be made. If the FO is going to just go with the status quo after this year, than to me things won't get better. I stepped away from the GS Warriors during the latter Cohan years when Cohan would not fire Rowell and the FO despite years of poor drafting and free agent moves.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became a 49er fan when I was 5; there were two flag football teams in my little rural hometown in southwest Virginia. One was the Redskins and the other was the 49ers. By the grace of God I was picked by the 49ers. Been a fan ever since, that was in 1986.

But I'm telling ya, this is as close as I've come to just walking away. I can deal with losing seasons, hell we dealt with a nearly 10 year drought. But to see an idiot of an owner do what he's done to our organization? It's enough to make me vomit. When I do bother to watch games, I will watch the Chiefs. Love seeing Alex have some success, glad he got a fresh start somewhere else.

I have been a 49er fan since 1980. This feels like the Terry Donahue era.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yea the Warriors and Giants are a great alternative.. IF you like baseball and basketball.

Me? My second favorite sport is.............. lacrosse... umm yea, no one gives a crap about lacrosse. But I guess I'll be out in the cold ass March winds in Annapolis watching Navy play lacrosse this year LOL.
I bet you grew up in the eastern U.S. Nobody plays lacrosse west of the Mississippi but I hear its huge back east.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, my bad. My son loves the SF Giants and I am going to some games this year too. I have a good season ticket connection. My girlfriend is an A's fan so I am getting tickets for the Bay Bridge series
Frickin' A's always play their best ball against the Giants.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can take some years of losing. It happens to all teams eventually. The run of the Patriots has been remarkable because of Bellicheck and Brady but even for them it will come to end one day and the Patriots run is pretty rare these days. I don't mind the losing if the FO is taking action to get back on track. It is really clear after two poor seasons that changes need to be made. If the FO is going to just go with the status quo after this year, than to me things won't get better. I stepped away from the GS Warriors during the latter Cohan years when Cohan would not fire Rowell and the FO despite years of poor drafting and free agent moves.
Don't forget the run the Niners had from 1981 to 1998. It was unprecedented.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants signed Melancon for big bucks 62 mil. Hopefully he continues to be effective. A lot of money for a closer, but it's supply and demand. Giants need to get a left fielder with some pop.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants signed Melancon for big bucks 62 mil. Hopefully he continues to be effective. A lot of money for a closer, but it's supply and demand. Giants need to get a left fielder with some pop.

They were looking at Martinez from Toronto. Not sure what happened there. They seemed content to roll with either Williamson or Parker in left.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the good ol' days! Just loved watching them carve up teams.
Yep. There were many games on the schedule that were automatic wins.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There were many games on the schedule that were automatic wins.

For a minute...I thought those days were back...and then we got Dork and Baalke...and they flushed the team down the toilet. It's going to be a long road back as long as either of those blind mice are running the show. I've said it before...but I really hope Baalke gets the axe and Gamble slides in his place. That, and Dork needs to take a step waaaaaaaaay back and let football minds do what they do.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear fans wanting to bail but I do understand. The first game I saw had Jim Plunkett as the 9ers QB and we got spanked by the Rams that game. Leading into the next season if Baalke is still around just walk away if you are not a Faithful. I'll have to stick around until the end of my days always a 9ers fan.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to hear fans wanting to bail but I do understand. The first game I saw had Jim Plunkett as the 9ers QB and we got spanked by the Rams that game. Leading into the next season if Baalke is still around just walk away if you are not a Faithful. I'll have to stick around until the end of my days always a 9ers fan.

It is a tough call. For me it wouldn't be permanent. If York fired Baalke and brought in some good FO people I would follow again win or lose. I would also be willing to give Tom Gamble a shot but enduring another year of Baalke and the present situation would be difficult. No light at the end of tunnel.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you grew up in the eastern U.S. Nobody plays lacrosse west of the Mississippi but I hear its huge back east.

Yea man, I live right outside of DC. Lacrosse is pretty big here in the high schools in NoVa. And it's popular in the universities as well. There is actually a pro league, but sadly the crowds are minor league baseball size.

To me, lacrosse is reminiscent of basketball in a lot of ways, the breakaways and the way the offenses are run. There's more scoring so it's not like sitting at a soccer match watching a 0-0 draw. And it has the hitting of football and those balls are every bit as hard as a hockey puck.

DestroyYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure I'll stick around. Even if I dont bother to watch them play. Like I say, been a fan for over 30 years now, roughly half of which have been sub-par seasons (that's hard to believe.. ). The losing doesnt bother me. It's the morons in charge that are really wearing on me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy to see fans not showing up to the stadium. That is a sign towards York. U need to fire Baalke and show that you want to improve this team. Stop being cheap. This is a proud Franchise and you are killing this team. We should never be in the same sentence as the Browns or Jags.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not bailing by any means...I'm just failing to see the logic of the FO and it's super frustrating. I grew up watching the 9ers dominate, and sure the league is very different these days, but if you're an owner and you see something that's working in another organization you should probably try and mirror it. Instead it feels like we're out to sea without a rudder, the captain is blindfolded and sitting on his hands expecting to get where he's trying to go.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea man, I live right outside of DC. Lacrosse is pretty big here in the high schools in NoVa. And it's popular in the universities as well. There is actually a pro league, but sadly the crowds are minor league baseball size.

To me, lacrosse is reminiscent of basketball in a lot of ways, the breakaways and the way the offenses are run. There's more scoring so it's not like sitting at a soccer match watching a 0-0 draw. And it has the hitting of football and those balls are every bit as hard as a hockey puck.
My son in law played intramural lacrosse at Princeton and just loves the game. I guess because I was never around it as a kid so I'm not too interested unless it is a big college match.