• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #9 Ohio State @ Nebraska

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify, I definitely want him gone by the end of the season. I just meant for the recruiting class that he's bringing in this year.

Nah next year recruiting class isnt going to save Nebraska ......

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said it earlier. our D just doesn't seem to have playmakers. someone smarter than me, tell me how much of that is coaching and how much of that is the players? can MR/DL/BD put them in much better positions to succeed? It seemed like we were in position to make some stops, but no one is getting off blocks or doing anything to make a play. but then i come back to player development and trying to figure out why no one seems to actually get better. why does Young look like the same player he was as a freshmen. Jackson still looks lost out there. Weber seems to have the mind for the game, as i see him the right spots (at least i assume they are), but he unfortunately just doesn't have the physical gifts necessary to be great.

at this point, i'm just going to support the team and let the chips fall however it happens the rest of the year.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @tometom, I wonder how many players have checked out on the coaches or vice versa. I am scratching my head after Riley said the players need to learn "Stuff" these next 2 weeks. Do the coaches take pride in their end product? Are some of the players just too soft and hard headed to listen? Both lines lack power, speed, and motivation to be aggressive for the full play - down after down. When schemes fail the players roll up on the coaches like when Mr. Verbage was coaching 3 coaches ago in Lincoln.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley said the players need to learn "Stuff" these next 2 weeks.

That worries me. Coach needs to be more specific than "stuff". HC should be able to identify specific areas of needs and improvement vs. "its time to learn some things" :L:L

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013

urban-meyer.jpg
I'm thinking this one for you @huskers1217

807175297_139323.gif

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went and it sucked. Afterwards I head butted a bouncer at longwells. Life goes on wake me when Frost is here

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't see his posts unless I decide I want to. Only guy I got on iggy but I just don't want the PF on this forum. That little experiment was disastrous for the entire Nebraska board.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@it'sHuskers4me I agree there does seem to be some of that going on.

McKewon put a ton on twitter this morning:

I was bored and went back and looked at Notre Dame when Diaco was there. Watched some of ND vs Oklahoma. the D looked the same just with superior talent along the DL that could get pressure and guys not messing up assignments on the back side and not missing tackles.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldn't let me put this 6th one:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't see his posts unless I decide I want to. Only guy I got on iggy but I just don't want the PF on this forum. That little experiment was disastrous for the entire Nebraska board.
Yea we dont need Politics to divide Husker Nation, we got a coach to fire, and a coach to poach

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State had as close to a death sentence as you can get, a few years ago. Their ship has righted. How is it so hard for us to figure out?!
Jay Foreman said this morning that the Oakland Raiders are now just recovering from Mr. Verbage (of stupidest team in American fame) so yes we could be better off if not for the poor hiring decisions made at the top from Harvey Perlman.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@it'sHuskers4me I agree there does seem to be some of that going on.

McKewon put a ton on twitter this morning:

I was bored and went back and looked at Notre Dame when Diaco was there. Watched some of ND vs Oklahoma. the D looked the same just with superior talent along the DL that could get pressure and guys not messing up assignments on the back side and not missing tackles.
None of it loaded so I looked em up on twiitter with my iPhone.

Funniest tweet last night said Riley might get fired and abandoned at the airport even though it was a home game.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch a single snap of the second half. First time I voluntarily didn't watch a Husker game.

Did I read that Ohio State still has yet to punt against Mike Riley?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left at half time. I'm really questioning if I watch another game this season

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to stick with the kids. And depending on how they come out of this last one we'll win a few.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I enjoyed watching Tanner Lee.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fortunate enough to be stuck in a hotel room that didn't get FS1. I saw maybe 4 plays on my phone, including the second huskerTD. That was plenty.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it all in person, right there in good old Memorial Stadium.

Windy and brisk as fuck. Had popcorn and trash swirling around and falling in my Mountain Dew as I watched a couple of Taint fans in front of me having the time of their life whilst JT Barrett did whatever the fuck he wanted.

Watched right there in front of my eyes as not one single player on the Defensive side of the ball knew what in the fuck they were doing. Saw holes open up and guys completely missing gaps like they've never seen a play unfold before.

Looked up at the press boxes and wondered where Diaco was sitting up there and what might have been going through his mind while he watched his Defense get completely dismantled and folks headed towards the exits in the 2nd quarter. Wondered to myself if he's up there blaming it all on the talent gap or if he was thinking "fuck I'm in over my head." Thought to myself......I think he should be on the field right now so he can talk to the players.....

What the fuck do I know though? I'm just one of the 90,000 who decided to plan my day around this garbage and I talk on a message board.

I saw it all. Right there in front of my eyes. I could almost touch it. Could almost reach out and get the virus myself. What a sick fucking sight.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said it earlier. our D just doesn't seem to have playmakers. someone smarter than me, tell me how much of that is coaching and how much of that is the players? can MR/DL/BD put them in much better positions to succeed? It seemed like we were in position to make some stops, but no one is getting off blocks or doing anything to make a play. but then i come back to player development and trying to figure out why no one seems to actually get better. why does Young look like the same player he was as a freshmen. Jackson still looks lost out there. Weber seems to have the mind for the game, as i see him the right spots (at least i assume they are), but he unfortunately just doesn't have the physical gifts necessary to be great.

at this point, i'm just going to support the team and let the chips fall however it happens the rest of the year.

Nebraska doesn't have the dends to play this style of 3-4 scheme playing the O-tackles way they step play the b or c gap. We get out gapped a lot on the edges in run plays. Diaco knows this but still plays this style of defense. When they should be more a one gap scheme much like what Wade Phillips runs with the LA Rams. We only have one OLB that can really play in Gifford.